Chinese Businessman Found Dead With Over 20 Knife Wounds at a Resort in South Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Naew Na

By Goongnang Suksawat

Trang, South Thailand – A Chinese businessman was found dead with more than 20 stab and slash wounds at a resort in Mueang Trang.

The Mueang Trang Police were notified of the incident on Tuesday afternoon (May 16th) at a resort in the Tub Tieng sub-district.

They and emergency responders arrived at the resort to find the body of a 43-year-old Chinese man (Mr. Zhirui Li) inside a bathroom. He was face down wearing only a towel and covered in blood.

More than 20 stab and slash wounds were found on his body including his chest. Police believe that the Chinese man had died at least 12 hours before his body was found. Numerous empty beer bottles were found nearby along with six unused condoms.

Staffers at the resort told Thai police that at about Noon today, May 16th, a room cleaner called Mr. Liu’s phone number which he gave to staff when he checked-in as he did not check out before noon. After nobody picked up the call the cleaner knocked on the door of the room and there was still no answer.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/05/16/chinese-businessman-found-dead-with-over-20-knife-wounds-at-a-resort-in-south-thailand/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

Nice touch to mention the number of condoms - 6 incase you missed this important detail....

You never know! Maybe the wife noticed a bunch of condom missing from the drawer. One would’ve been hard to notice. Maybe the woman he was trying to do business with disputed the number of times he wanted it after seeing the six. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Must have upset someone real bad bad or simply a case of opportunist robbery by female "friend". Sad for his Thai wife and children. Never piss off a Southern Thai. They don't <deleted> about. Mueang Trang is pretty boring but maybe he found some P4P that went wrong or was it something more sinister?

Yes I found the people more edgy. NST has the worst I believe. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

You never know! Maybe the wife noticed a bunch of condom missing from the drawer. One would’ve been hard to notice. Maybe the woman he was trying to do business with disputed the number of times he wanted it after seeing the six. 

Maybe he could've been a two condoms at a time person with a layer of chilli in between to let him know if one fell off?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

Maybe he could've been a two condoms at a time person with a layer of chilli in between to let him know if one fell off?

Quite possible considering lack of details at this point. To add, maybe the remaining four in your scenario could be used to increase girth (not saying all Chinese need it). But Jesus a layer of chili? OUCH!!!

51 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Or the husband of the woman he was meeting up with?

First 2 people I would question. The lover and her husband.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

really don’t think the unused condoms bear any relevance whatsoever to the story

Quite the opposite. They indicate the guy was meeting a lover or using them for some other purpose like drugs. Beers indicate a good time rather than a serious meeting.

Iff I reed, ‘women’, robbery, stab wounds I can only think about a ladyboys. 
they use drinks and knife s to robe people… but let’s wait and see what the police will find.  

r I p mister..

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fdimike said:

I believe stating the number of unused condoms is important as it's indicative of some sort of expected sexual encounter.   I have no idea as to the motive.

Interesting comment. Along with being found just with a towel and several beer bottles at the scene, may I suggest a "gang bang" party?

2 hours ago, fdimike said:

I believe stating the number of unused condoms is important as it's indicative of some sort of expected sexual encounter.   I have no idea as to the motive.

Wishful thinking?

" import export " ????  call it whatever = Triad Grey Business 

Consistent Married to local with kids Chinese Business work at a resort with a friend briefcase full of Condoms.  Typical profile of money laundering and having fun at the same time.  

The last thing this was is a robbery.