Pattaya theft: Thieves nab 13,000 baht from water vending machine

snoop1130

water-vending-machine.jpg

In Pattaya, two thieves successfully managed to nab 13,000 baht from a drinking water vending machine in front of a grocery store. The theft, which took place within the Nong Prue sub-district of Bang Lamung district, Chon Buri province, was caught on CCTV in the early hours of June 10. The suspects arrived at the scene on a motorbike, quickly opened the machine, and escaped with the money.

The water vending machine belongs to 54 year old Sittichai Chualee. Upon discovering the theft, he promptly filed a report at the Huay Yai Police Station. In an interview with The Pattaya News, Sittichai recounted the incident and explained how the thieves had managed to pry open his vending machine, taking the 13,000 baht contained inside within a mere two minutes. They then made a swift getaway on their motorcycle.

Sittichai mentioned that his water machine experiences steady usage throughout the night, leading him to leave the money stored inside. It was not until the following morning that he noticed something was off when the padlock on the machine appeared to have been tampered with.

By Top

Caption: Photo via The Pattaya News

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/thieves-steal-13000-baht-from-pattaya-water-vending-machine

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, bdenner said:

13000 Baht??? So the machine pictured contained and at least 1000 bottles of water (most of which must have been sold).

Errrrrrr!!!!!

Mmmmmm..... Errrrrr!!!!!! Why would it need to contain 1000 bottles of water? ????????

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bdenner said:

13000 Baht??? So the machine pictured contained and at least 1000 bottles of water (most of which must have been sold).

Errrrrrr!!!!!

Isn't it one of those where you have to supply your own container? Still 13,000 baht, nice little earner!

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

probably a water dispensing machine not bottled water.

Even so 13,000 baht in coins is kinda crazy?

OK, let's do the math:

13,000 baht = 20,000 liters at 1.5 liter per baht.

20,000 liters  = 3,333 6 liter bottles.

Let's assume 10 bottles filled per hour, that's 240 bottles per day, that's no service for 13 days.

I can't believe the daily average would be more than 200-300 bottles per day.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am approximating, give me a break.

Do you really want me to calculate to the last decimal point?

Well actually no decimal points involved but I am cheered that the machine is dispensing slightly on the generous side!????

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2023 at 5:39 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Seems indeed like a lot. 1,300 coins, or so, and lots of water... Is it attached to water pipes? Or does he, perhaps, charge 100 baht to fill a bottle?

of course it attached to a water pipe. it's fed by municipal water that gets put through filters and i think a uv light contained within the machine.

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

of course it attached to a water pipe. it's fed by municipal water that gets put through filters and i think a uv light contained within the machine.

Yes, we like to think so.........

They can also be connected to the well for supply, I cant imagine them getting cleaned out very often, I wonder what the maintenance instructions are for them machines, how often do they need to be cleaned, ok forget it TIT 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, we like to think so.........

I only ever used the machines in the past when it was too far for me to carry water home from the store. It’s not worth the risk to save 40 baht or so a gallon when it’s drinking water.

It’s reasonable to assume that a big plant has better filters and equipment then a small machine because they can afford it.