The US president was speaking at a gun control event in Connecticut when he ended his speech with 'God save the Queen, man'.

Social Media

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Good old Joe, I used to feel bad and embarrassed for joe, now I just chuckle. Can't wait for him to debate.

I watched the clip obviously he was joking around it kinda fell flat though oops guess that happens to everyone from time to time 

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

I watched the clip obviously he was joking around it kinda fell flat though oops guess that happens to everyone from time to time 

He wasn't joking, how can you even suggest he was joking? 

• Thumbs Up 1

His gaffes are hardly new, I mean this has been his thing since the 1980's.

'I am a gaffe machine': a history of Joe Biden's biggest blunders

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/25/joe-biden-2020-public-gaffes-mistakes-history

I think he likes to ad lib because that's how real people communicate. I think it's a result of his sincerity, and he probably also thinks he's better at it than he is.

The best reason mentioned is

However, Yoni Appelbaum, deputy editor of The Atlantic, offered one theory for Biden’s closing statement. Applebaum tweeted, “Biden has the extremely odd habit of ending his remarks with cryptic phrases whose significance is mostly legible only to him. ‘God save the queen’  is also what he said right after certifying Trump’s election in 2017. He seems to use it to mean something like, ‘God help us all.'”

Biden has the extremely odd habit of ending his remarks with cryptic phrases whose significance is mostly legible only to him. "God save the queen" is also what he said right after certifying Trump's election in 2017. He seems to use it to mean something like, "God help us all." https://t.co/JkwD7LMSF5

— Yoni Appelbaum (@YAppelbaum) June 16, 2023

https://www.mediaite.com/biden/even-pool-reporters-have-no-idea-why-biden-ended-gun-control-speech-with-god-save-the-queen-man/

2016 Election certification hot mic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt-dxwLWmU

Biden's speech at gun control event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNSnR8ZFyc

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow. Senile or what! For 70 years he has lived with "God save the Queen" and made a slip of the tongue. Totally beyond the pale. Impeach now. Definitely nothing to do with his speech impediment. This is a real covfefe moment for Biden.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

This is a real covfefe moment for Biden.

Good one!
I just found that Biden was a senator at his late 20s. What was his achievement than? Is it even possible? Not to mention weird reps like that dem. squad, but a senator?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm not a mind reader, I only know what he said. Are you physic ???

nah, some things are just common sense. You obviously believe Biden is so senile that he actually wants to build a railway at the bottom of the ocean.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

I can see how he might be confused, after all he DID miss the coronation of King Charles. 

Someone, please, take the old codger aside and tell him it is time to retire. Are the Democrats really that thin on possible presidential candidates?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Wow. Senile or what! For 70 years he has lived with "God save the Queen" and made a slip of the tongue. Totally beyond the pale. Impeach now. Definitely nothing to do with his speech impediment. This is a real covfefe moment for Biden.

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You know he meant from atlantic to pacific, right?

And you know that he meant "coffee" , right ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

This comment is beyond the pale and just one more sign of disrespect from The Bozo in Chief. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I can see how he might be confused, after all he DID miss the coronation of King Charles. 

Someone, please, take the old codger aside and tell him it is time to retire. Are the Democrats really that thin on possible presidential candidates?

We're thin on incumbent presidents who have had reasonable success in their first term. If he exits, there are plenty of good options.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I find it laughable that so many people jump on him if he says something different or out of the norm.

It is not as if they have never done anything similar in their perfect little lives.

To me it proves that he is human, and not a habitual liar like his predecessor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

An occasional slip is forgivable but Biden's regular blunders instill doubts and low confidence. 

Maybe they do to you but not to me.

I would far rather that president Biden made the occasional blunder than the daily torrent of falsehoods and lies of his predecessor.

This of course is only my opinion.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1