Mocking "white people food" trending in China -- "If such a meal is to extend life, what is the meaning of life?"

Jingthing

15 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

"Let the children have thier way, let the children play..."

Santana ????

Damn where did that come from? I love it when my memory gives me presents from 1979. Thank you China! Going to listen now...

The only memory I have from '79 is being in a cafe with my new GF, looking up and wondering "Why is my ex fiancè sitting over there?"

Oh, hang on....that was Santana 1977, "She's Not There"????????

38 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

"Let the children have thier way, let the children play..."

Santana ????

Damn where did that come from? I love it when my memory gives me presents from 1979. Thank you China! Going to listen now...

Now viewing Santana & Steve Winwood.

You have created a monster.????????

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I didn't read all of the links, but this paragraph led me to make an observation ...

Whoever made this comment has, obviously, never tried a plain water biscuit with a ripe Camembert and good Parma ham.

They probably tried some Chinese crackers with that square "ham" topped with those processed "cheese" slices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Virus bearing bat soup! Let's share it with the world! ☹️

the final report was out this week about the whole pandemic. quite telling that it is receiving little coverage anywhere. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelHunt said:

I find the Chinese people's willingness to live in a nightmare totalitarian surveillance state as strange as they find our food.

Have you ever been there?

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Have you ever been there?

Yes I have, but not recently. Why? Do you think it is some kind of paradise?

If you ask the people in China if they approve of their government, they will of course say yes - because they have no choice. But there aren't many of them who would not leave on the next flight out if they could - and if they had somewhere to go.

If you interact with a lot of different people

in Asia it often comes up how crap they think your food is. They tell you what it is you eat

without having eaten a meal with you. They just assume you eat the same crap that they eat, sugar, msg laden stuff that they don't have the nutritional knowledge or will power to avoid.

Its usually something to say because they

don't know what else to say to you to challenge you or otherwise have discussion.

So it starts with something to the effect of  why do you only eat junk food

in your country and then things mentioned like pizza or hamburgers actually have more nutritional value than commonly

eaten foods in Asia such as a bowl of refined white flour based noodles and minimal amounts of

overcooked vegetables and meat and substantial amounts of msg. I enjoy a lot of Chinese food

and some of it is bland but still quite excellent, steamed ravioli type pasta stuffed with nothing other

than salted greens, delicious and Chinese people in Taiwan gobble thm up, very popular food. You could easily put those on a plate and say "Blah. Yellow people food. So monotonous and the msg makes you bowlegged," or some other bigoted stereotyping.

And what on earth is a white person and white person food? I assume that a white person is a person whose genetic line is from a rather wide  area of the world which includes areas where such people have migrated, like South America where foods from Africa and the Americas make up a good of everyone's diet. Or North Africa and the Middle East. even some East Indians particularly in the north might construed by a Chinese person as white. A majority of Latin Americans self-identify as white and there are many very spicy and rich foods from those areas like Mexican food. Italian food, bland and boring? So, are their foods all the same and so easily dismissed as complete junk or is it really about putting other people down to feel good about yourself when you can't find anything to feel good about? How pathetic.

Ironically, the food displayed looks like the kind of thing you'd get at a Chinese suki joint. Its just dunked in boiling water, can't think of any more bland a method of preparing food than that. Anyway, not everything that is some kind of pungent savory sauce is boring. Is plain steamed rice or bread bland and boring, kind of, but its quite satisfying to eat usually and is essential to a good diet. What are these people eating mostly anyway, florescent colored gummy worms?

Edited by Gilligan In Drag