Mocking "white people food" trending in China -- "If such a meal is to extend life, what is the meaning of life?"

Jingthing

Well we are mocking Asian food all the time in the west....

Where is my cat....did your check at the Chinese restaurant already?

or reality show on who is brave enough to eat the insects from the night market

all harmless fun.

And Chinese loves it when the come to Bavaria...Pork leg with beer, pork with breadcrumbs etc.....One supplier, not a friend who visit a other customer in Germany wrote me every day an email with his food experiences and tips in German what he can try/order next time.

And sadly MacDonalds and Coke also exists in China...

16 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I didn't read all of the links, but this paragraph led me to make an observation ...

Whoever made this comment has, obviously, never tried a plain water biscuit with a ripe Camembert and good Parma ham.

Beats fried scorpion or chicken fetus.

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Like Cool Whip sandwiches on Wonder bread, mayo macaroni salad, little weiner sausages from a bottle, Jello mold with whipped cream, Tang, etc.

If that's what they think is white folk food... I agree with the chinese. I drank tang when I was young and ate the vienna sausages from a small can, but the rest of your list, yuck!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

If that's what they think is white folk food... I agree with the chinese. I drank tang when I was young and ate the vienna sausages from a small can, but the rest of your list, yuck!

No, that's what I grew up thinking white people food is. Not what Chinese think.

• Confused 1

As a perfect example of a White Man, with skin almost as white as the cartoon character, Snow White, I have lived my life, during the past fifteen years, subsisting on my White-man's diet of:  Chicken Eggs, Canned Tuna, Garlic, and Chinese Green Tea (premium quality from the high mountains of Taiwan and Sichuan).

I am still in perfect health, and I no longer miss cheese, even Stilton Cheese.

It's like I always say:  Once one relinquishes the bond and obsession with SEXual Healing, then all good things are possible in life.

I really think that DIET makes very little difference in our quest for longevity.

If you want to live longer, then stay out of White-man's contraptions, such as the OceanGate's Titan tin can.

Even if you are a billionaire, you still cannot buy any foods that will prolong your life, appreciably.

And, if a billionaire, and smarter than most billionaires, then you will not seek out experiences which will end your life, within a millisecond, when your carbon-fiber capsule implodes.

I LAUGH at guys who think that DIET has such a great affect on longevity.

Just don't eat manufactured foods, and you will be OK.

It has already been MANY, MANY years since I have had a good dish of XingZhou Chao Mifen, in Guangzhou.  Unfortunately, while Xi is alive, I will never return to China to taste great Chinese food.

So...I gotta face this fact.

Xi is very unlikely to go away, anytime soon.

Therefore, as you can see, it's just the same old, same old, for me...Chicken Eggs and Canned Tuna.

I NEVER eat Salads or any vegetables which are not properly cooked.  I mean, I do not like intestinal parasites or intestinal upset.  Do you even know what those unwashed, uncooked vegetables might contain, in terms of bacteria and heavy metals?

IF I ever returned to Philly, the first thing I would do would be to go and get a Philly Cheesesteak, unlike the OP, obviously.

The INSIDER is often humorous, and nice that it is quoted here.

I actually know A LOT more than I might let on to you guys.

Regards,

White people food in the USA is basically Walmart food. It’s what you get at the Walmart super center. Kind of boring unnutricious stuff that’s filling but has little nutrition. You need to keep buying more each time because it has no nutrition and your body says it’s hungry again even though your eating a lot of calories.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As a perfect example of a White Man, with skin almost as white as the cartoon character, Snow White, I have lived my life, during the past fifteen years, subsisting on my White-man's diet of:  Chicken Eggs, Canned Tuna, Garlic, and Chinese Green Tea (premium quality from the high mountains of Taiwan and Sichuan).

I am still in perfect health, and I no longer miss cheese, even Stilton Cheese.

It's like I always say:  Once one relinquishes the bond and obsession with SEXual Healing, then all good things are possible in life.

I really think that DIET makes very little difference in our quest for longevity.

If you want to live longer, then stay out of White-man's contraptions, such as the OceanGate's Titan tin can.

Even if you are a billionaire, you still cannot buy any foods that will prolong your life, appreciably.

And, if a billionaire, and smarter than most billionaires, then you will not seek out experiences which will end your life, within a millisecond, when your carbon-fiber capsule implodes.

I LAUGH at guys who think that DIET has such a great affect on longevity.

Just don't eat manufactured foods, and you will be OK.

It has already been MANY, MANY years since I have had a good dish of XingZhou Chao Mifen, in Guangzhou.  Unfortunately, while Xi is alive, I will never return to China to taste great Chinese food.

So...I gotta face this fact.

Xi is very unlikely to go away, anytime soon.

Therefore, as you can see, it's just the same old, same old, for me...Chicken Eggs and Canned Tuna.

I NEVER eat Salads or any vegetables which are not properly cooked.  I mean, I do not like intestinal parasites or intestinal upset.  Do you even know what those unwashed, uncooked vegetables might contain, in terms of bacteria and heavy metals?

IF I ever returned to Philly, the first thing I would do would be to go and get a Philly Cheesesteak, unlike the OP, obviously.

The INSIDER is often humorous, and nice that it is quoted here.

I actually know A LOT more than I might let on to you guys.

Regards,

Some might tinned tuna not to be tuna whatsoever [from a purist pov].

Just saying....

2 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Some might tinned tuna not to be tuna whatsoever [from a purist pov].

Just saying....

The magnificent Bluefin Tuna are my friends. 

I never go down on Bluefin. 

Chinese women, though, sometimes. 

Yellowfin are not that expensive. 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No, that's what I grew up thinking white people food is. Not what Chinese think.

well, there is white people's food and then there is ... "modern" white people's food.

I'm sure if these Chinese tried proper Italian, French and ... basically the whole continental Europe's cuisine (sorry Brits), they would like most of it too.

what I see in these posts of the Chinese is food prepared by white people who either hate good food or can't cook or overdo the "healthy".  Switzerland, Germany, and other countries are now full of people like that who eat strange food. and yeah, it's strange white people's food.

well, yuck.

when the Chinese are right, they are right.

4 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Sounds more like a Germantown diet, to me. 

This is why Bruce Springsteen became so famous. 

When he was young, he ate only Cool Whip on Wonder Bread. 

Wonder Bread is a story in itself. 

Better to eat like Chinese people in the PRC; fatty, very oily food ????, more bones than meat, egg plant as the main vegetable ????, and the (good) lean meat is in the soup ????...

When I lived in China years ago, I used to joke that 'I watch the wrong American sitcoms and movies, cause in those, people always order yummy Chinese food', which I could not find in the part of mainland that I lived in. Loved the Chinese food in Hong Kong ????, though...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

Although I am sure that nobody cares... 

I regard authentic Thai, Chinese, and Italian cuisine as all being next to HEAVEN. 

IF I were forced to stick with just one... 

Then I would probably opt for Thai cuisine, well-prepared, for the rest of my life. 

Yet, Chinese cuisine is more varied than any other. Culturally speaking, Chinese cooking is hats above all the rest. NO DOUBT! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Although I am sure that nobody cares... 

I regard authentic Thai, Chinese, and Italian cuisine as all being next to HEAVEN. 

IF I were forced to stick with just one... 

Then I would probably opt for Thai cuisine, well-prepared, for the rest of my life. 

Yet, Chinese cuisine is more varied than any other. Culturally speaking, Chinese cooking is hats above all the rest. NO DOUBT! 

Huiguo Rou, JING Jiang Rou Si, Gong Bao JiDing, MaYi ShangShu, HongShao Tipang, MaLa HuoGuo, etc. 

But, for the OP, let him get fat on JINGjiang Rou Si... 

25 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sounds more like a Germantown diet, to me. 

This is why Bruce Springsteen became so famous. 

When he was young, he ate only Cool Whip on Wonder Bread. 

Wonder Bread is a story in itself. 

True story.

My elementary school took us on a field trip to a Wonder bread factory!

I still remember the smell.

12 minutes ago, tgw said:

I'm sure if these Chinese tried proper Italian, French and ... basically the whole continental Europe's cuisine (sorry Brits), they would like most of it too.

??"Sorry Brits"?? - Beef Wellington, Scones with strawberries and clotted cream, steak and kidney pie, Cornish pasties, haggis, black pudding, Stilton, Melton Mowbray pork pies, Yorkshire pudding, Crumpets, Staffordshire oatcakes, stottie cake with ham and peas pudding, chicken tikka masala.

No need to be sorry! ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I can imagine, cause Chinese people, esp. from the mainland seem to love their fat and bones...

Have you ever been to China, and have you ever witnessed a cook using a sledgehammer to break beef bones on the pavement outside his restaurant, for Today's Soup? 

I have seen more cuisine tactics than you will ever know. 

I am able to shed these recollections easier than water off a duck's back. 

Our world is becoming ever more homogenous. 

Preparing soup in the dust on a busy thoroughfare is now, regretfully, a rare sight. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

True story.

I think what you smelled was the powdered milk added to the bread, actually. 

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

(...) have you ever witnessed a cook using a sledgehammer to break beef bones on the pavement outside his restaurant, for Today's Soup? 

No, but I've seen something similar done with ice blocks on the road in Thailand. (Since then I've tried to avoid ice in beverages whenever possible...)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

No matter if you might be a White Man baking White Bread... 

NEVER, NEVER add milk powder or eggs to your bread dough! 

ALSO, here in Thailand, I am unable to get great bread flour. 

When I was up near Dalian, and Harbin, I tasted some of the best bread I had ever had. 

If ONLY I could get some premium flour from up there!!!!! 

China, the country, the PEOPLE, the culture, IMHO, had SO MUCH to offer the world, up to 1949. 

Personally, I don't CRY for Argentina.. 

But, I DO cry for China. 

Such a GREAT loss, The CCP. 

The CCP is such an Albatross. 

China could have been MAGNIFICENT, today. 

Instead, China turned into a Marxist-Leninist Surveillance State in which good cooks, such as Wei-Wei, are persecuted. 

Resultantly, much of Chinese culture, including the Art of Chinese Cookery, is now lost to the world. 

Good Food can only survive in an atmosphere of DEMOCRACY. 

Soviet food was never digestable. 

CCP food is no better. 

Most Chinese food I've had is junk noodles. Lanna food is the best asian cheap food then you have upmarket Japanese which can be great but pricey.

Proper white people food is wagyu steak with pepper sauce, potatoes and mushrooms. If cooked right you cannot beat it. Full stop. End of story. Hold the phone.

7 hours ago, h90 said:

Well we are mocking Asian food all the time in the west....

Where is my cat....did your check at the Chinese restaurant already?

You can order rat in Laos. Was in a Vietnamese restaurant though.

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Near the freeway where I stay in US they were building something that looks like a barn

Turns out it will be a  "Cracker Barrel" restaurant . Is that White people food?

"Cracker Barrel" fare is really only fit for Princeton grads, IMHO. 

Princeton, NJ, is WHITE. 

But, people with means, of whom there are many, refuse to eat there. 

In Princeton, among the monied, if you don't have your own live-in Sichuan chef from ChengDu, then you haven't really made it in life. 

The upper-crust in Princeton are very picky eaters. 

PS... Are you back on the ANKI jag, these days? Either way, I wish you well. Chicken eggs, rice, olive oil, tinned yellowfin, and premium Taiwanese DongDing Wuloong, is what I recommend for you. 

Also, Mister, what about an extra helping of Humble Pie for most Princeton grads??? 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

True story.

Wonder bread is to bread what Miracle whip was to Mayonnaise 

Neither of which should be eaten anyway ????

24 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Near the freeway where I stay in US they were building something that looks like a barn. Turns out it will be a  "Cracker Barrel" restaurant

White people food?

IMG_1737.jpeg

Very pleased to know that you are still alive and kicking. 

But I had once imagined that you would never leave Thailand. 

This just seems to be additional proof that those, such as you, who come to Asia too late in life are unable to hack the food, for the duration. 

Fortunately, unlike you, I came to Asia even before returning to the USA to attend university... 

Therefore, I, unlike you, find Asian fare completely digestible. 

I do not pine for American Beef., and range-fed Thai girls carry far less fat. 

Still, there is MUCH to be said for Georgian country girls, raised on cornbread and grits. When they pull up to the Waffle House, in Southern USA, and sit at the counter, they require TWO swivel stools, one for each cheek. 

And, it's just not so Politically Correct for one girl to occupy two bar stools at the Waffle House, while much of our world remains food deprived. 

It's been over 20 years since I have eaten at a food franchise. 

Why? 

40 years ago, I began reading good books by Noam Chomsky. Each to his own taste in books and food. 

I liken reading Chompsky to sucking on a Keefer Lime... 

HEAVENLY and Envigorating. 

These days, I do not buy lemons. 

Keefer Lime juice is for me. 

MAGROOT is Good! 

• Thumbs Up 1