Thailand to reduce visa approval time for Chinese tourists

webfact

Can't they just team up with the Chinese government and make it automatic for those who are first-time visitors to Thailand and have a sufficiently high "social credit" score? Then focus on and give more scrutiny to repeat visitors. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this is hogwash all wrapped up to make them look like they are doing something positive !

There is currently less Chinese coming - so I would have thought processing time would have dropped due to lack of application in the cue !

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is somewhat confusing given all the current crime in Thailand where Chinese are involved. You would think that visa screening would be greater in order to reduce this. I guess its suits those in Thailand who are just waiting for partners in crime!! Lets hope Pita and his government address these issues like the outgoing general always said he would!

Edited by paul1804
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The approval time should be linked to the proper background checks needed to satisfy that known criminals are not coming in secreted withing mass tour groups.

Saying they will halve the time means corners will be cut.

I agree but TIT the only thing that matters is money

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Free mama cup for all new arrivals!..durian flavor

NO thanks, Instead of poring boiling water in the noodles, they put the noodles in the kettle to boil we couldn't get rid of the smell had to get a new kettle, 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

This makes no sense. Especially considering I'm getting these 2 articles side by side in my email, and I keep hearing that Chinese and Russians are the main culprits of making visas harder to get.
image.png.f6c9a28f6a721a12d8b54419c603fbf3.png

Yeah,

They want to make swiping 2 million baht handbags at the airport easier, opening Gambling dens in Bangkok, online gambling and romance scams and allow the triads easier access.

What a great idea, I suppose we shall all have to get up at 5.30 am in the hotels to stand a chance at breakfast.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Haha 2

Chinese economy is in shambles, If they want the Chinese tourists then they need to do any and everything possible to get them to Thailand.  In 10 years Thai Visa will be replaced with China Visa. The old Chinese will be flooding into Thailand and griping just as loud as the farang now on Thai Visa. I will live another 10-15 years hopefully. Will be interesting to see how things are going a few years down the road.

Edited by Gknrd