Jump to content

Roojai Car Insurance


Recommended Posts

around 5 years I switched from Axa to Roojai for the same reasons. 1st class insurance. All works fine so far, premiums are stable. Easy handling, you can do everything online. 
But I never had an accident. So it is unknown to me how their service will be if  I have to open a claim.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, hadock said:

around 5 years I switched from Axa to Roojai for the same reasons. 1st class insurance. All works fine so far, premiums are stable. Easy handling, you can do everything online. 
But I never had an accident. So it is unknown to me how their service will be if  I have to open a claim.

Is that not the same with ALL insurance policies, motor, health, house etc.

Has anyone had any claim experience with Roojai?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What has your claims experience with them been like over the past five years?

Most people know how to drive a car, so they may not have frequent claims. Like I haven't had an insurance claim in the past 12 years, while I drove 223.000 km during that period.

 

Your driving skills most likely are not that good, why would you otherwise ask about claims?

 

Other posters in this thread have already posted their claim experience, if you could be bothered to read.

  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2023 at 7:09 PM, petermik said:

Be aware Roojai will not insure you in your name if you are over 75.

 

On 6/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, Kwasaki said:

That is not true I have renewed with Roojai and I am the main driver at age 76.

 

 

That is good news then.. the last information on here some time ago was that the cut off was at 75 years ????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, petermik said:

 

That is good news then.. the last information on here some time ago was that the cut off was at 75 years ????

Maybe because we have been with them for a good few years and the policy is in my wife's name as is the truck.

The renewal came through and states any driver over 25 years old main driver my 'name' 76 years old.

 

The thing is who knows what happens with a claim maybe they would say if my fault and me driving that it is only covered by CTPL gov insurance.

 

The main reason for 1st class is that the truck is not that old and if it got written off by someone else at least we would get something back.

 

A kid hit it on a bike caused 3 dents, of course family was poor, we have 5000 excess so I got it fixed myself and it came to 4,350 nice job too.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What has your claims experience with them been like over the past five years?

Fortunately, I've never had to make a claim. However, all my other experiences with the company have been dealt with promptly and efficiently, so I have no reason to think that a claim would present a problem, or be any different.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

 

With respect, with no claims experience you're  hardly in a position to recommend them over any other broker or insurer, then.  Are there any insurance brokers that have issues accepting premiums!?

I'm with Roojai now because they offer good deals and you can pay monthly.

 

They do say 50% no claims so if you claim obviously you would lose that.

 

A neighbour had a claim not their fault and truck was fixed and back with them no problem that's all I know about claiming.

 

Don't really want to know what happens if it's my fault.????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BenStark said:

Other posters in this thread have already posted their claim experience, if you could be bothered to read.

I was asking him because the others backed up their opinions with actual experience, he didn't...but how is it any of your concern to which posters I respond?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

 

With respect, with no claims experience you're  hardly in a position to recommend them over any other broker or insurer, then.  Are there any insurance brokers that have issues accepting premiums!?

With respect, I'm not recommending them above any other broker. I'm merely passing on my experience with this broker to anyone who might be interested.

  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

 

 

Don't really want to know what happens if it's my fault.????

As I posted above, the roojai rep comes to accident site... reviews the situation.... fills out the paperwork after taking the relevant statements and pictures... calls tow trucks and taxis if required. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2023 at 7:09 PM, petermik said:

Be aware Roojai will not insure you in your name if you are over 75.

 

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Maybe because we have been with them for a good few years and the policy is in my wife's name as is the truck.

The renewal came through and states any driver over 25 years old main driver my 'name' 76 years old.

 

 

So the policy is not in your name but you are down as main driver....I think that from the information I was given you would not be able to take out one in your name only due to the cut off at 75 years of age... perhaps someone can explain why and correct me if I am wrong?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, petermik said:

 

So the policy is not in your name but you are down as main driver....I think that from the information I was given you would not be able to take out one in your name only due to the cut off at 75 years of age... perhaps someone can explain why and correct me if I am wrong?

I share your suspicious of insurance companies.

All I was interested in was that the truck is still 1st class insured while I'm driving and my wife telephoned them and they said yes.

I would like to see that in writing. ????

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I was wondering how their roadside assistance is, if anyone knows? My woman is quite concerned about that, and wants to stick with our current insurance, which keeps raising the rates, even though the car is one year older each year, and we have had zero claims. The price hikes are very annoying. Roojai is half the cost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.








×
×
  • Create New...