Formerly in favour, 2 Senators will now not support Pita for PM

snoop1130

chalermchai-horz-1024x377.jpg

Two senators, who had implied that they would vote for the Move Forward party leader to become prime minister, said Thursday that they have changed their minds.

Senators Chalermchai Fuangkhon and Songdet Samerkum said, in separate interviews, that the change is entirely due to the party’s stance against the royal institution and its policy to amend the lèse majesté law.

Both said that, if Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat changed both stances, they are ready to vote for him as the next premier.

Caption: From left : Senators Songdet Samerkum and Chalermchai Fuengkon

#news

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/formerly-in-favour-2-senators-will-now-not-support-pita-for-pm/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

said Thursday that they have changed their minds.

Well I'll be.......................I wonder just what changed their minds??? I'm sure it's was'nt ideology! ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

This is the standard Prayut crap we have seen for the prior nine years.   “tell them what they want to hear, then slowly slide the knife across their throat.

Pita will not make it because of a last minute glitch that the current communist regime is brewing.  

S-ole-S

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Somehow I don't think they are bothered about what Somchai thinks, the air is rarefied in the circles they move in. 

True but from June next year, they'll just be ordinary citizens again. All perks and salary gone 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jvs said:

What do they expect to gain?

My guess is a lot of money?

......or even more importantly, influence.

The corrupted money will always be available. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

What do they expect to gain from this?

Silly, snide decision on both their parts.

Their names are noted now, for sure.

Oh, bet they're scared of some mean things being said.

11 hours ago, bannork said:

Hang on, MF's stance regarding reforming 112 hasn't changed since first mentioned a year or two ago. 

So why did these two senators support MF before?

A point perhaps worth considering is the Senate may well lack the unity it possessed at the last election. Then they had recently been appointed by Prayuth to shoe him in as PM but this time he's not standing and the senators' tenure expires next June 

Thus some may think of the future, do they want to go down in history as stubborn dinosaurs, unable to accept democracy in Thailand?

because recently they did some radical anti royal rhetoric. So it is clear that they don't want to have some minor changes or that it was just rhetoric before election. And as BKK Post reports it was also the foreign politic...anti Myanmar, anti Cambodia, Anti China, Anti Russia and talks about US military base.

• Sad 1

While Thailand's lese majeste law is overly strict, one can never understand the pressure on senior figures to comply.

I was looking at counties that have lese majeste laws (see Wikipedia) and there are a lot more globally than I thought.

I personally don't hold it against senators who were brought up in traditional, conservative homes for supporting the royal institution and its protection or preservation. It would be like trying to ban surfing in Australia.

People object to changes in their traditions, including article 112, and would obviously object to foreigners thinking they have any say.