What hobbies do you have,what keeps you busy?

jvs

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Muay Thai 5 x a week. Just for exercise. Keeps my blood pressure normal.

Reading. Watching old movies with GF's daughter.

Trying to show her the good stuff. At 10 y.o. Titanic (1997) is old to her. The Terminator (1984), and Cool Hand Luke (1967) are positively ancient. ???? She keeps asking if she can watch Kill Bill. Don't know where that came from

Trying to improve my swimming technique...not very successfully.

Looking after GF's rabbit.

Did you watch  the sound of music?

5 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Muay Thai 5 x a week. Just for exercise. Keeps my blood pressure normal.

Reading. Watching old movies with GF's daughter.

Trying to show her the good stuff. At 10 y.o. Titanic (1997) is old to her. The Terminator (1984), and Cool Hand Luke (1967) are positively ancient. ???? She keeps asking if she can watch Kill Bill. Don't know where that came from

Trying to improve my swimming technique...not very successfully.

Looking after GF's rabbit.

How often does she ask you why the people in those movies don't just take their smartphone out to look something up or contact someone? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2023 at 10:55 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Computer, electronics, 3d printing, currently my condo renovation, home automation, later maybe I will build a CNC machine. 

And obviously enough time to drink espresso and eat good food.

Hey, how's the condo coming? Have not seen an update in a while...

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Do you enjoy killing animals ?

Is this what good christians like to do ...?

Yes, it is in many cases. But who said that he is a Christian and what would it have to do with you if he is?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Hey, how's the condo coming? Have not seen an update in a while...

90% ready. Now I am working on the electric and home automation.

I guess I will move in in about two months. But to be fair, that is what I thought a couple of month ago...

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it is in many cases. But who said that he is a Christian and what would it have to do with you if he is?

Yesterday's forum ... just read his posts ...

He can believe whatever he wants , I don't care ...

I just do not like people killing animals for ' fun or sport '

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

90% ready. Now I am working on the electric and home automation.

I guess I will move in in about two months. But to be fair, that is what I thought a couple of month ago...

Maybe after Thailand gets a PM

It’s been nice to do things that you haven’t been able to do when working and do more of the things that you liked doing but not had enough time.

So plenty of cricket, tournaments, traveling, spending longer periods away.

learning to cook new dishes, international cuisine, started to look after my health and became more health conscious.

Get to know myself better, studying yogic science; yoga; meditation; spirituality.

The markets around Thailand as much as I can and supermarkets, looking for new products or ones not available in Thailand eg bought loads of fennel tea from Canada! Caribbean curry powder and spices from the UK. Veganism and vegetarian.

Eating out almost daily, restaurants, cafes by the river; waterfalls; rice fields; lakes and of course beaches!

Sounds a lot but I am contented with doing as much as possible or as little as possible. Meditation rules out boredom. By that I don’t mean sitting for hours meditating, far from it, just being contented and not restless.

Everyone to their own.

I enjoyed reading others activities, very interesting indeed!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, jvs said:

Did you watch  the sound of music?

No. But she watched Mary Poppins last week.

Only because when she told me, "Daddy. I have learned the longest word in the English language, ...pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,  I told her about supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. So she watched the movie just for that.

I just tested her, and she can still quote that longest word correctly..

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

No. But she watched Mary Poppins last week.

Only because when she told me, "Daddy. I have learned the longest word in the English language, ...pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,  I told her about supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. So she watched the movie just for that.

I just tested her, and she can still quote that longest word correctly..

I have never heard of that word and i will need to google it to find out what it means.

Just did,a word that is seldom used .

Her is a nice long German word for her to learn .

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft

Edited by jvs

13 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

We are not talking about " some people " but a specific forum members post that he likes to go hunting ... and that certainly not out of the need to find food ...

Wrong again your so closed minded.

• Haha 1

My hobbies????

- Thinking about modifying or fixing my motorcycle

- Thinking about modifying or fixing my other motorcycle

-Thinking about going for a ride on my other, other motorcycle

- Thinking about driving 90kms to go for a walk with friends

- Thinking about fixing the dead power point in the kitchen

- Thinking about fettling up my RC jet boat.

-Waiting for a mate to call so we can go for a liquid lunch

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bignok said:

It is if you don't eat them.

If one enjoyed killing for fun, they would not camp overnight in the woods, get up at four in the morning, trek miles through the forest to shoot a rabbit. They would go to the pet store, by a rabbit, bring it home and kill it, or likely torture it for hours first. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If one enjoyed killing for fun, they would not camp overnight in the woods, get up at four in the morning, trek miles through the forest to shoot a rabbit. They would go to the pet store, by a rabbit, bring it home and kill it, or likely torture it for hours first. 

Another " Hunter " , remember ...?

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/thai-court-affirms-tycoons-prison-sentence-for-poaching/

File – In this photo released by the Thailand Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, the president of Thailand’s largest construction company Premchai Karnasuta, 63, left, is seen with a group while being detained in the Thungyai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary in Kanchanaburi province on Thailand’s western border, Feb. 4, 2018. Thailand’s Supreme Court on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021, affirmed a 3-year, 2-month prison sentence handed to Premchai in connection with a poaching incident in a wildlife sanctuary in which a black panther was shot and cooked over a campfire. (Thailand Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation via AP, File)

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You do and say what you want, yet you ridicule others for doing and saying what they want, and call people that don't like it when you do arrogant, yes? 

Let me guess, you're a leftist? 

Worse. Woke!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Golf. Making videos on various topics and posting them on YouTube. I'll never get rich with them; however, it is creative.

Writing my autobiography, now at 153,000 words. IMO I've had an interesting life.

Playing pa som sip ( Thai national card game ) with my GF, It's cut-throat, 10 coins each, who wins them all wins a 20 baht note. A lot of swearing in Thai and English.

Trying out new restaurants, learning Thai, reading books, and listening to mostly classical music.

Posting on ASEAN. With my background in science, sometimes what I post is useful.

Not having a go at you, I'm sure you have no ambitions about your autobiography reaching the best sellers list, but your post just triggered a memory. A guy I once knew who worked in publishing told me that most of the manuscripts they receive are biographical and just get returned to sender without being read. They were only interested in novels (which they could usually assess after reading the first few pages), unless they received a biography from some known person. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G Rex said:

I do a little bit of work on our farm - mainly growing cassava - I like to play on the tractor and improve my macro driving skills.

I have a large aquarium to tend to, with arowana & stingrays.

5 dogs to keep me busy.

I keep & breed tarantulas - currently have over 30 species.

Enjoy photography , SLR and drone 

Listen to music and watch a lot of youtube.

Play pool with my wife - she is getting quite good!

Have recently moved house, so plenty of landscaping/design work to be done around house.

Not too much time to get bored... 

No no time to get bored,i am thinking about getting a drone also but

the price is holding me back because i think i will not use it often.

I wanted to do a flyover of the house and my surroundings to make a nice video.I could also use it to film my birds when they are flying.

15 minutes ago, jvs said:

No no time to get bored,i am thinking about getting a drone also but

the price is holding me back because i think i will not use it often.

I wanted to do a flyover of the house and my surroundings to make a nice video.I could also use it to film my birds when they are flying.

I don't use my drone much - but it is good to have.

I have had a few different drones - standard & FPV (with the goggles) , but now just have DJI Mini 3 Pro.  It is small, but takes excellent pictures & video - and has most of the features of high end larger drones. Downside - it is about 30K Baht