The draft beer situation in Pattaya

BugJackBaron

OK, this is a bit of hopeful fishing. I was last in Thailand 7 months ago and at that time I noticed that

Viper bar  in Jomtien and a few others on walking street didn't have any  CHEAP DRAFT BEER!

What's the scoop.?Draft beer is a bar hoppers standby. :)

Tell me draft  beer is making a comeback!

29 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Drive over 30 minutes for a cheap beer.  Great idea thanks would not be surprised some people from Pattaya would actually do it.

I didnt say anything about cheap. Plenty of pattaya based lads visit Banchang for a beer and other entertainment.

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I stopped getting draft. It always tastes flat.

That's my experience too when I order cheap draft because the bottled beer is significantly more expensive.   But I see some places that have draft at prices that seem slightly higher than bottled.   These types of places seem to have premium beers on tap such as Guinness besides regular beer on tap.  Perhaps they maintain their tap system so that the beer tastes good. 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rare to get a flat draft where i go, last time, couple years ago.

Chang draft is average, i prefer Tiger but not many agogos have it

I don’t drink in agogos. I forgot to mention in my comment that I do drink draft streetside or those local bar setups that pop up or open in the evening and the beer is always great. Places where Thai people would go. They are on 3rd/2nd road or whatever that road is there. There’s one right outside the Riviera in Jomtein. No flat beers there.

Where I avoid draft (and even suspicious of open bottles occasionally now) are the foreigner oriented bars and especially those small foreigner restaurant setups that sell English breakfasts, etc.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I stopped getting draft. It always tastes flat.

Quite. Draft lager beer is a waste of time, particularly if sat outside, even if ok when poured tastes crxp very quickly.

Years ago the Sportsman did draft John Smiths and that made a pleasant change. The first beer I ever had in Thailand was a pint of Caffrey's in an Irish bar in Bangkok, cost 280 baht but pure nectar.

Unless you are into guiness decent draft is a rarity.

16 hours ago, petermik said:

Fever Bar LK Metro pint draft Chang 75 baht.....Heineken draft 80 baht ????

3 hours ago, BugJackBaron said:

By gawd the price is right!

If the price is right then come on down........

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fulhamster said:

No decent UK beer in Thailand.

Real beer comes from a cask and is served without gas.

You mean a wooden cask and then bash a hole in it to put a tap in..........

Get real - doesn't even happen in the UK. Shipping to Thailand..........heat/humidity........:wacko:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

...or concern yourself when the lines were last cleaned

Each supplier sends a technician once a week to clean the lines used by their beer. They bring the cleaning solution and a small pressure vessel with them.

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

Each supplier sends a technician once a week to clean the lines used by their beer. They bring the cleaning solution and a small pressure vessel with them.

RU saying this is what happens in the UK these days or elsewhere? Certainly used to be the landlord's job in the past. 

My father worked in a brewery. Every Friday he went to the tasting room with the Brewer and had a couple of pints. He said it was the best tasting Bitter he had had for years.

He moaned that it was never the same in pubs. Kept in the wrong conditions  and they didn't clean the pipes often enough.