Pita ready to step aside if his party fails to win senators’ hearts

webfact

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I don't get your opposition to policies in a country that isn't even yours. I'm not going to do your research for you. That's simply a trolling technique.

Opposition to Myanmar murderers is not on your list? An utterly corrupt dictatorship in Cambodia? Where are the links to that?

What, you never even read any of the parties' manifestos? Did you do any research at all?

because I like Thailand and don't want to see the people here poor.

No opposition to Myanmar murderers and corrupt dictators in Cambodia are not on my list because with both there is a lot trade that helps the poor people in Myanmar, Cambodia and Thailand. Internal politics of Myanmar and which military family controls power there is not Thailands business. Thailand should also trade with Russia, North Korea, Iran and whoever can pay for product because it benefit Thai people and a boycott helps no one.

12 minutes ago, h90 said:

Those that stay in school, apply themselves, don't wait for hands out, are not poor.  Same same, not different, every country, aside from those war torn, and starting over.

Only thing I expect from a govt is basic education, healthcare and infrastructure.  All provided here/TH.

The rest is on you, and your responsibility.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.png

Move Forward party leader Pita Limjaroenrat said today (Saturday) that he is ready to step aside and let the Pheu Thai party take the lead in forming the next government, if his party fails, after trying their utmost, to get him selected as prime minister or to amend the Constitution to clip senators’ wings.

In the meantime, he urged the Thai people to join him in a nation-wide campaign to win over the hearts and minds of the senators, so they support his prime ministerial candidacy or the Move Forward Party’s constitutional amendment bill, to strip senators of their power to select the prime minister.

Pita insists on the party’s obligation to the people to form the government, noting that there is not much time and Thailand cannot move forward without a government.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pita-ready-to-step-aside-if-his-party-fails-to-win-senators-hearts/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I hope he do not compromise and do not give up on the main policies he pledges. That make him win the majority vote. Better to not become be prime minister rather than compromise on what is so badly needed to be changed in Thailand. Then let's see how it develop and how happy the peoples will be to be once again denied of their choice

4 hours ago, stoner said:

weak.

if not you then who pita ? you need to be willing to risk it all. sad day for thailand if you step down. will show them they won. 

Let me explain it a little bit more simple to you. If the stone is too heavy you can´t lift it. Now let it sink in.

16 minutes ago, h90 said:

and an aggressive stance against Myanmar and Cambodia...all these border trade. And he is against China...only biggest business partner of Thailand and most of the tourists come from there

FTA withy China is at the advantage of China, not balance at all and of course been promoted by those than have interrest. Chinese tourist??? I though Thailand policy was to focus on high spending ones....

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, catch104 said:

Then let's see how it develop and how happy the peoples will be to be once again denied of their choice

MFP received 38% of the votes.

62% of the people, wanted a different party.

Then next two, more experienced party members received a total of more votes:

image.png.de44d4f185761957c1423bcaefe6f93a.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, h90 said:

and an aggressive stance against Myanmar and Cambodia...all these border trade. And he is against China...only biggest business partner of Thailand and most of the tourists come from there

Fair tax system is what is needed. Banana plantations in the middle of Bangkok to be exempted from tax..... hummmmmm... how fair is that???

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, h90 said:

No opposition to Myanmar murderers and corrupt dictators in Cambodia are not on my list because with both there is a lot trade that helps the poor people in Myanmar, Cambodia and Thailand. Internal politics of Myanmar and which military family controls power there is not Thailands business. Thailand should also trade with Russia, North Korea, Iran and whoever can pay for product because it benefit Thai people and a boycott helps no one.

"a boycott helps no one."

Boycotting Russian products doesn't help Ukraine?

3 hours ago, h90 said:

I don't get your point....I am still consider that his program is bringing Thailands economic down....and he is a fraud....And my opinion is getting even worse.

yes PTP forming a government would be better.....but that game the PTP plays, while smart it is also ugly....

So which is your party of choice? You profess love for the Thai people. Don't you see any contradiction there, given the election results? They spoke, but you think they're wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Thai_general_election

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TheTightArseTraveller said:

If you do a bit of research, this guy is just an American/Big State puppet.

Im not saying change isn’t needed, but I would rather the devil we know that keeps Thailand Thai than a puppet that works to erode Thai culture to replace it with western ‘values’.

You may be correct, but he won with an overwhelming election result. From a population utterly sick of inept and utterly corrupt military "government" rule over the last nine years. If Thais don't like him, they will vote him out again.

In the meantime, the Thai population should maybe start mass protests and industrial strikes until he is appointed PM.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Everytime there is a qualified new politicin Thailand, the dictatorship will force him/her away.

The global leaders need to start and block Thailand from the international trade as long as they do like this.

I hear you.  However, I don’t think it is up to foreigners to force what they think is right on Thailand.  It is up to the Thai people to demand and do what ever is necessary to secure the way in which they wish to see the country governed. The people of Thailand in fact have the power to accomplish this end. If they sit by and do nothing … well that is on them.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Pita isn't too bright for a politician.  He should have maintained that the senate will remain intact and no changes will be made, when Pita was on the election trail.  After he secured the PM job, then make the necessary changes.  But, too late.

Correct, because lying is No 1 study in the Thai school curriculum 

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Indeed they are not. However, the problem is, that they are a minority, from families that are affluent enough to sponsor their children through higher education and then university.

You have obviously not seen any of the millions of 7 to 15 year old children that are required to miss school and start working, because their families are poor and disadvantaged. Maybe you should visit Thailand one day and see for yourself.

I was one of those kids in the USA ... started working around 12 yrs old.  When in high school, I worked the night shift till at least 1 am, and teachers use to wonder why I fell asleep in class ... if I even showed up.  Missed 40 of 160 days in my senior year of HS.

Cry me a river ... we are our own responsibility.

I live here, been to Khlong Toei, contributed to charities that are involved there, along with charities in Udon Thani.

You haven't the slightest idea who I am or what I'm about.   I don't talk it, I walk it ...

... Have a nice day

Edited by KhunLA

This is precisely what Prayut and others were planning, hoping and expecting to happen.

Chaos, stalemate and carry on as long as possible with the status quo until they formulate their next plan, if they can keep Prawit awake long enough.

3 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Just as Pheu Thai planned, now the MFP won't get the Speakers position or the PM. Cholnan Srikaew couldn't look more ungenuine with that smile, in almost every photoshoot Pita acts like he is shaking the hand of the Devil.

The coalition has already decided on the speaker, Wan Muhamad Noor Matha, previously the leader of the Prachachart party.

As for the PM's job, if Pita can't get it, then hopefully it goes to PT, and the favoured candidate seems to be Srettha Tavisin. So much will depend on the CC ruling with regards to the continued existence of the MFP, if indeed that is on the agenda. A repeat of the ruling the court made against the Future Forward party in 2019 - is that really on the cards?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trippy said:

The rules on which links are allowed or not allowed on here is confusing. So all I can say is google it.  

Quite simple really. If you're not sure, either check it out beforehand in the forum rules, or put the link in and see if the moderators take it out. They will explain why. But telling me to Google it is a troll. I think you're the third contributor to this thread that has failed to produce any links to claims they have made regarding MFP et al, and told me to go and find the links that they can't. I will start to report any more I see as unsubstantiated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1