Back on the bar stool.

bob smith

23 hours ago, Goat said:

Try the bong.

Better "drunkness" and no hangovers.

Sex feels better too. You will be harder and go for longer than when boozing.

You will love it mate.

you speak the obvious my good fellow 

On 7/18/2023 at 12:07 PM, bob smith said:

Im not even really a heavy drinker.

but i do drink everyday.

Quite right, it's the only way to put up with the place, I do have Monday's off though ????

On 7/19/2023 at 6:45 PM, hotchilli said:

Bar stool and a burger... get a grip man.

If all he needs is a bar stool and a burger sounds like he's got life sorted to me. Us idiots that live in the rat race are the real losers IMO. Endlessly running in the hamster wheel buying <deleted> and conforming to the lemming life sucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If all he needs is a bar stool and a burger sounds like he's got life sorted to me. Us idiots that live in the rat race are the real losers IMO. Endlessly running in the hamster wheel buying <deleted> and conforming to the lemming life sucks.

I quit the rat race years ago. I actually took up employment a few months ago to try to stave off boredom. That didnt last long, i told the 'boss' to stick the job up his erss. 

i have enough money to last me 2 lifetimes now anyway. filling my time is the hard part.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, JayClay said:

So never has an alcoholic athiest recovered???

Extremely rare. Heavy/problem drinker atheists can recover though. 

As Carl Jung said to Bill Wilson, cofounder of AA, 

You see, Alcohol in Latin is “spiritus” and you use the same word for the highest religious experience as well as for the most depraving poison. The helpful formula therefore is: spiritus contra spiritum. 

https://wccm.org/outreach-areas/addiction-recovery/carl-jung-letter-to-bill-w/

17 minutes ago, bignok said:

Why?

One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.

Which ophanage do you live at?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Which ophanage do you live at?

“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. 

Load of nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I quit the rat race years ago. I actually took up employment a few months ago to try to stave off boredom. That didnt last long, i told the 'boss' to stick the job up his erss. 

i have enough money to last me 2 lifetimes now anyway. filling my time is the hard part.

have a kid

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bignok said:

The world is over populated by 50%. Why promote more kids? Madness.

These awful parents should be held responsible for having kids when they cant afford it.

he has loads of money, maybe twins

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

If he has loads of money why is he eating kfc and doing nothing in Pattaya which is dirt cheap?

he's drinking and eating burgers, not a cheap endeavor 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Do you have any stats to back that claim up?

I really don't count the ramblings of a cult cofounder as a reliable source.

Hard to find stats on alcoholics as most lie. 

I suggest you read up about Carl Jung, who is a very well respected  doctor, responsible for the start of AA. He worked with many alkies and said it was very rare for any to recover without some kind of psychic change or spiritual experience. 

I've been in AA for many years and met thousands of recovered alkies, who tell me that it was only by finding God, as they understood Him, that they managed to recover.

https://aa.activeboard.com/t50210691/carl-jung-and-alcoholics-anonymous/

Edited by Neeranam

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Hard to find stats on alcoholics as most lie. 

I suggest you read up about Carl Jung, who is a very well respected  doctor, responsible for the start of AA. He worked with many alkies and said it was very rare for any to recover without some kind of psychic change or spiritual experience. 

I've been in AA for many years and met thousands of recovered alkies, who tell me that it was only by finding God, as they understood Him, that they managed to recover.

https://aa.activeboard.com/t50210691/carl-jung-and-alcoholics-anonymous/

Or just dont buy it, think positive and do other things