Pheu Thai to install Srettha as Prime Minister by forming a coalition pact with government parties

webfact

1 hour ago, Kiwiken said:

Should they choose this move it will be the end Of Pheu Thai and most likely lead to a landslide victory for Move Forward in the next election. You can dam the flow but eventually it laps over the top. The tide in Thailand is turning and the Ruling elites need to accept change is coming

Why would it? Move forward only just beat PT in the election, so I doubt it's the end of PT just yet. 

It's a long way to next Thursday, with plenty of time for horse-trading.

Really there is only one person that needs to be satisfied, and it is not Thaksin.

Srettha + MFP looks like a non-starter for the Old Guard.

MFP will not be allowed anywhere near a cabinet post.

MFP will eventually be eliminated/banned.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Can someone explain why the need to change coalitions, etc.? Why not have the same group but a different nomination for PM? It will still be the same MPs, right?

Senate is too afraid of MFP 

• Like 1

If this happens come the next election they will be wiped out MF will realign itself or even change the name and will sweep the floor over any other party one thing about Thai people is that they never forget those who have cheated on them !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Billybaroo said:

Next domino back to the same OLD thing. The Senator firewall installed by the Junta planted the firewall seed years ago. Next step, extend the appointments of the Senators. New Constitution?

One might say it was extremely clever to appoint those senators for 5 years, rather than 4 years, in anticipation of this election. Things would be totally different if their terms had expired in May of this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

You are going to use some protection, or you are not gaining entrance. Am I making myself clear? The last thing in the world I need is a baby, that you won't take care of. 

How about that for a start? 

Says a Westerner with Western logic attempting to superimpose that on a 15 year old up country farm girl who most likely has been drinking. Have you noticed that Thais in general are oblivious to consequences. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

Should they choose this move it will be the end Of Pheu Thai and most likely lead to a landslide victory for Move Forward in the next election. You can dam the flow but eventually it laps over the top. The tide in Thailand is turning and the Ruling elites need to accept change is coming

Phua Thai serves only one goal: the leader of their Don. After that, it;s mission accomplished.

3 hours ago, harada said:

The smiling Ms Shinawatra might need to change her red jacket for a yellow one now, I can see this situation turning ugly before long. ☹️

The smile on the face hides a knife in the back.

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

i'd still much rather have Pua Thai party than the Army

Aligning with the current (caretaker) government wouldn't be a question of PT or the army, it would be PT and the army. 

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

Why would it? Move forward only just beat PT in the election, so I doubt it's the end of PT just yet. 

Most of the peasants where I live hadn't heard of MFP till a few days before election day but they knew it was FF/Thanathorn's party.

So 50% of them in Isaan voted for MFP, the other 50% for PTP.

PT has sold its political soul. The big promise not to ally with old junta parties broken. Now the coalition with the coup makers who don't care about the people and democracy. Many PT voters will certainly feel betrayed. Disgusting.

47 minutes ago, Peabody said:

One might say it was extremely clever to appoint those senators for 5 years, rather than 4 years, in anticipation of this election. Things would be totally different if their terms had expired in May of this year.

If the coalition of the 8 parties had held out together until the end of May next year, they would probably have made it. Just go through 10 months of political blockade. The coalition could have presented one PM candidate after the other, pulling the mask down on the nonsensical construction of the Senate. True democracy is not for free.

Pheu Thai is very greedy to form a new coalition with the army based parties. Why not an easy solution in my opinion.

Keep the coalition with MFP and the others as they have now and choose for a kind of interim or temporarily PM as long as the cases for and against Pita have been solved. if Pita indeed unconstitutional was treated last Wednesday he still can become PM. If the ITV shares are being rejected by the CC he can be MP and PM and if his case against the EC is cleared, maybe new elections have to follow. In the case of an interim PM Thailand can go forward, It will stop the caretaker Government now still in power, and maybe it can silence the rallies, which is good for everyone. Besides that if the Government mange to keep the senators away from the PM election there is nothing that holds Pita back. In the case the should be convicted for his mediashares and banned the interim PM can become the official PM and everybody happy. 

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's tricky, becuase there isn't actually any corrupt wrong-doing now. It all happened years ago when the system was put in place.

It's quite clever really, as it kind of fractures the causal chain and muddies the waters.

Case in point, people are actually discussing the decisions of the senators much more than the legitimacy of their position. Realistically, they should have been protesting their power and appointment since day one.

Ha! Very good point. And well made. Your 2nd paragraph is particularly spot on and perfectly put. ????

That notwithstanding, your 3rd gets my approval too! Yes, you're bang on right about that. The point you make about people's/media focus being on senators' decisions & not on fact they've really no darned right to make those decisions at all in the first place, is so evidently the case when properly considered.

And that's what - imo - is so insidious about the way things have been plotted & implemented by 'the establishment' since the coup in 2014 and after the sham election in 2017. The 'normalizing' (the wilful forgetting, the sleight-of-hand 'moving on' acceptance, etc) of Prayuth & Prawit, from military junta chiefs in green, to politicians in suits & silk, was masterfully done. As you so neatly put it, re their MO, it all cleverly 'fractures the causal chain and muddies the waters'.  ????

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

If the party that holds all but, one seat in Bangkok, has the largest number of seats of any party cannot rule by taking it's rightful/democratic place??

Then it blows Pheu Thai and its argument that the majority winning party, voted for by the people should rule.  

28 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Never have I felt quite so forlorn and in utter despair about what is happening here. 

To all who say it was obvious all along that this outcome would come to pass: yes, of course....I too knew that. Yet there can surely be no satisfaction in one's predictions being proven right. 

Now where will the more progressive Thai media go with this? It's crucial. If they make tiny barking noises at first, about PT breaking electoral pledges & betrayal of MFP etc, only to roll over in a few days and adopt the position of 'Well, that's it, effectively, this is what we have, new normal, nothing to see here'......as Srettha, Prawit and Anutin tickle their media tummies with cliched bluster about the need to move on now and get the economy back on track.....ad nauseum.........then the establishment plan will have worked like a dream.

But....the progressive media should not let this all be quickly forgotten. Like never before, I think they need to keep their lights shining on the ugly truth of all this corrupt wrong-doing. 

I hear you Toolong.

This was hatched and sanctioned in the darkened back corridors of gold guilded citadels, negotiated via zoom and various face to face clandistine meetings in foreign countries to be finally initiated at the Leicester football match in the UK at the end of May. 

Tony has two wants: to be part of the elite and to come home. The elite has one; to remain in power. Both have sold their souls to satisfy their greed. For Tony, PT were nothing but a vehicle and are expendable as are the PT minions and his family. For the elite, Tony is the vehicle for them and is also expendable after they get what they want. Part of the deal will be for Tony to retire and stay out of politics when he gets home.

I also hope the progressive media will keep this utterly dispicable travisty alive in exposing these tyrants for what they are. What I fear most though with this unholy alliance, is the installation of strengthened mechanisms to prevent domocrtaic parties from ever governing again. This is where the progressive media plays a vital role and must be vigilant to continually expose the wrong-doing and encourage the populace to step up to block such moves.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1