Pita says the aim must be to stop “old power” succession

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Being prime minister is not as important as stopping the continued succession of “old power”, said Move Forward Party leader Pita Limjaroenrat in his social media post Friday night. It was followed by a video clip reiterating the same message.

The only way that can happen is by developing a system where there are consequences for attaining governing power illegally.  I assume that assuaming power via a military coup is illegal in Thailand ,

Am I wrong?  perhaps I am I don't know. 

If I am right, what are the consequences for those who assumed governing power Illegally? 

If I am wrong and acquiring governing power via a military coup is legal, it needs to change. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If Bhumjaithai join the coalition, or even just vote for Settha to be PM, then no Senate vote is needed in the process.

Anuthin says he won't vote for any PM candidate that has MF in its coalition because of Clause 112 

But MF have no hope of passing any bill regarding 112 as all other parties reject reforming it So:

1. Bhumjaithai shouldn't use this reasoning as a reason not to join .

2. MF could drop any plans for 112 for now.

Edited by bannork

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Therefore, there is now only one method of bringing about any meaningful political change here and that method will have to come , if it ever does , at a high price in spilt blood. That scenario seems a pretty unlikely one at the moment.

Reluctantly, I think you are right.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1