Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have said to Buzzin Trevor a few times you are doing a great job for the Thai Tourist Authority always talking Pattaya up. Nick Dean is constantly promoting Soi 7 as he is in the process of opening up his 4th bar on the Soi, how he manages to pay the rent on all them during low season is beyond me not unless he has some big backers behind him.

Probably people coming into inheritances as they get older. I had a few relatives get a wad of cash and just end up burning it.

35 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yep the first baht bus is full of school children, the second was taken years ago I would think, I haven’t seen a baht bus that packed for years. I think you are a bar owner trying to talk Pattaya up like Buzzin Trevor does and Nick Dean on NDTVI, looking at your user name you might be Dan Dan the camera man Nick Deans camera man.

Nope.

I live on Thappraya Road. During High Season, the baht buses are jammed with Farangs. As a result, at night, lots of people walk from Jomtien to Pattaya.

24 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I saw some packed coming from Jomtein but It’s not a lot relatively speaking. They would be picking up groups from the night market or along the whole beach stretch. Any city that was halfway crowded the trucks would be packed each time.

I think people are inflating the popularity of the place, or like you say, it’s goofballs hyping YouTube channels to make it sound exciting. You can see in the vlogs them walking down the same few streets in central each time.

I'll remember your post this High Season when the baht buses are full, and Bolt reports 30 minute wait times.

As opposed to today's 2 minute wait time.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I saw some packed coming from Jomtein but It’s not a lot relatively speaking. They would be picking up

I think people are inflating the popularity of the place, or like you say, it’s goofballs hyping YouTube channels to make it sound exciting. You can see in the vlogs them walking down the same few streets in central each time.

I hope you understand that telling people that Pattaya is too crowded is not a good marketing technique.

Better to market the hordes of bargirls than lack of space in the bars and no transportation options.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I hope you understand that telling people that Pattaya is too crowded is not a good marketing technique.

Better to market the hordes of bargirls than lack of space in the bars and no transportation options.

Not true at all. Most people will go where others go or want what others want. It’s tried and tested in marketing.

13 hours ago, n00dle said:

ffs pattaya has been dying for decades. it is perishing as fast as the men who used to frequrent the gogo bar scene as a way of life.

That just doesnt appeal to people these days. There are so many other ways to go about it.

I agree 100% on your observation.Back in the day before Thai Friendly etc. the easiest option was hunt the beer bars as we did. Now one doesn't even have to leave the comfort of his home.You can just order in same as a pizza.

Less expensive and a larger selection IMHO.

31 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I saw some packed coming from Jomtein but It’s not a lot relatively speaking. They would be picking up groups from the night market or along the whole beach stretch. Any city that was halfway crowded the trucks would be packed each time.

555 Yes it seems a lot of blokes arrive here and get a Go Pro camera and trip over each other marching up and down the same old tired sois.

The"buy me a beer" brigade is alive and well in Pattaya.It must be embarrassing at times.They must be skint for the most part because what else would motivate them to "wash rinse repeat" ?

58 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Is there really a high season at all? It feels more like hype to me? Without the bar staff and no name Thais milling around I don’t ever see many visitors.

There,s a "High Season" alright.....just only applies to a round of Golf.

3 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

The"buy me a beer" brigade is alive and well in Pattaya.It must be embarrassing at times.They must be skint for the most part because what else would motivate them to "wash rinse repeat" ?

Some of it is a need to advise or mentor others. It’s very common even for non vloggers. Not sure if it’s an ego thing or whatever.

Maybe if your here longer your a big man, or whatever. You couple that need with being short on money and you just get a bunch of newbie advice vlogs over and over.

14 hours ago, n00dle said:

ffs pattaya has been dying for decades. it is perishing as fast as the men who used to frequrent the gogo bar scene as a way of life.

That just doesnt appeal to people these days. There are so many other ways to go about it.

You should tell that to the hordes of Koreans jamming some gogos.

The buy me a beer/coffee or even donating money is very popular, some are making a good living from it. I used to watch some of the YouTube stuff whilst I was stuck in the U.K.with my Thai partner and son during Covid as there was some good advice on how to go through the procedure of getting a Thailand Pass which I eventually did spending 2 weeks in quarantine in hotel in Naklua.

Bar owners have introduced bar girls on their weekly blogs encouraging people thousands of miles away to buy them drinks obviously a good earner for the bar owner. I do find they also give a lot of misinformation out about visa rules and other stuff as well though.

I don’t watch any of the bar owner blogs now, no interest of watching bar girls getting p***** or some one walking endlessly around the same Soi’s week in week out or telling me if I go in a certain establishment I will come out with a smile on my face. 

If the government latch on to the fact bloggers are classed as working they might say they require a Work Permit which will curtail them from making blogs.

I do wonder how much the legalisation of dope has affected the bar trade. 

Smoke a joint and you are instantly on a high. No need to sit in a bar and down bottles of beer for 3 or 4 hours.

It is interesting that all the bar owners who produce vlogs say they are not into the dope scene and it is not their thing. Bars still have their place but maybe not so much now.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, champers said:

Smoke a joint and you are instantly on a high. No need to sit in a bar and down bottles of beer for 3 or 4 hours.

It is interesting that all the bar owners who produce vlogs say they are not into the dope scene and it is not their thing. Bars still have their place but maybe not so much now.

People don't go to bars to get p*ssed, it is just something that happens

They go to a bar to get laid or for social contact.

If that was their point of going to a bar, they could do it always much cheaper at home.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Many of the bar girls are on Thaifriendly, usually the price they want includes the bar fine

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Decades? As in at least 20 years?

I don't think it's possible to be dying for 20 years... I think that's called "surviving"....

Whatever reamins of pattayas appeal is a mere shadow of it's former self.  Only ageing sex pests want what the old whore has left to offer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

Everyone who was into weed was smoking before it was legal. It is just easier to get now. It doesn't affect the bars one bit.

53 minutes ago, champers said:

Maybe traditional Western owners of such places need to give thought to catering to the Chinese and Korean markets. 

Soi 7 has a new Chinese bar.

It’s more like they are just fighting for scraps. I don’t think business owners put that much planning into things here. It’s a bottom of the barrel scene.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Maybe traditional Western owners of such places need to give thought to catering to the Chinese and Korean markets. 

Soi 7 has a new Chinese bar.

The owner of 3 big entertainment places in WS told me a few months ago that Chinese are investing big time in WS

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It’s more like they are just fighting for scraps. I don’t think business owners put that much planning into things here. It’s a bottom of the barrel scene.

Fail to plan, plan to fail.

If a place like Bling got it so wrong it is reasonsble to ask why.