The chance of Trump winning another term is very real

Social Media

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Five people died either shortly before, during, or following the event: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes. Many people were injured, including 138 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack died by suicide within seven months.

Then I was right, one woman killed by the Capital Police during the riot. 

34 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Even strong supporters from the legal profession like Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz think Trump is in deep legal trouble. Maybe you should advise them on exactly what they've got wrong.

I am sure there are other legal professionals who think it's BS. 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Nothing that harms Trump has to be proven.

Seems to me it's not about what is legal or not. It's all personality politics. Half the country hate Biden and half Trump. Personality politics doesn't solve anything. What a mess the US is in!

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Is it your position that Trump is using the campaign funds illegally? 

Is he not now being "prosecuted" for using his own funds for paying off Stormy when he should have used campaign funds?  

No, he is being prosecuted for falsifying business records related to the payments made to Stormy Daniels. He claimed on his tax returns that these were just originally legal expenses, when they were not.

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

The President is not supposed to be in charge of the federal government and bureaucracy? 

Not to run them as his own personal fiefdom, without any input from anyone but himself, no.

For instance, the President is not entitled to decide all by himself, which media companies are allowed to have broadcasting licences. Under Trump's plans, he would be able to do exactly that.

As stated by his advisers, if Trump gets back into power, they plan to purge the federal government of even non-politically appointed career employees who aren't loyal to Trump, and replace them with only the most hard-core loyalists.

They would also appoint general counsels who will aggressively implement Trump’s orders and skeptically interrogate any career government attorney who tells them their plans are unlawful or cannot be done. In other words, he’s looking for people who would be prepared to break the law for Trump.

You should read up on the unitary executive theory. It basically aims to turn the entire mechanism of government into the president's personal plaything.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

People who utterly detest Trump must be lefties?

The guy is an asshat of the highest order. Love from a non lefty.

LOSER

I WON I WON I WON I WON!

I won I won I won!

I won I won I won I won!

This race is far from done.

I WON I WON I WON I WON!

I’ll tweet it like a scream

And if I tweet it very loud

I’ll wake from this bad dream.

Sniffle.

Remember, folks, not long ago?

My rallies proud and large?

The swarm of fans who risked their lives

So I could stay in charge?

They cheered me like a deity

No masks to block their cries

They clapped and roared and loved me

As I superspread my lies.

The fake news said I would not win —

They’re always, always wrong —

The only way that I could lose

Was if the count went wrong.

And when the early tally came

I really did quite well!

But then the votes for Joe rolled in —

As fraudulent as hell.

I bellowed: We must stop the count!

The count’s a giant scam!

I’m still the chosen president

I AM I AM I AM.

But still the count kept going

And it did not go my way

In Michigan, Wisconsin

Even down in red G-A.

The libs praised Stacey Abrams

And her leftist voter pack

No way I’d be defeated

By some women?! And they’re Black?!!

Sniff.

To prove that I’m the winner

And the leader of this land

I headed to my golf course

With my putter in my hand.

I rode there in my motorcade

Fans cheered me on my path

I wore my all-white MAGA hat

I tried to hide my wrath.

And when the networks called it —

When they said Joe Biden’s name —

I felt a chilling, red-hot rage

But kept on with my game.

Folks partied in the streets, I heard,

Some broke into a dance

They cheered for Joe in Germany

The church bells rang in France.

Libs cried “The emp’r has no clothes!”

Some sang, “The witch is dead!”

But I? I golfed on bravely

And I covered up my dread.

They honked their silly, lib’rl horns

But here’s what made me gag —

The sight of all those Democrats

Who waved our country’s flag.

Now Rudy and my lawyers

Figure out what we should do

There’s really just one answer —

It’s to sue and sue and sue.

Concession is for losers

And for those who don’t mind pain

For victims, wimps and Democrats

And guys like John McCain.

Sniff. Don’t get me started on Arizona.

Some say I’m throwing tantrums

That I’m just a bratty boy

A kid who’s starved for mommy’s love

So won’t give up his toy.

Some say I’m Putin’s puppet

In some giant Russian plot

To undermine democracy

I tell you I AM NOT!

But strongmen are my biggest fans —

Like Obrador and Xi —

They won’t acknowledge Biden yet —

Their bets are still on me.

We manly men love macho guys

And women love us too!

And what could be more manly

Than a good old-fashioned coup?

Chortles.

I think back on the past four years

By God it’s been a trip

I tore this land to shreds so fast

Like flimsy paper — rip!

I never was a leader

But I surely was The Boss

I turned your fears to hatred

Fed my ego with your loss.

And still I seed your minds with fear

I plant the rot of doubt

And if I tweet lies loud enough

I’ll never get kicked out.

The GOP still backs my play

They know I hold the ace:

They cross me and I’ll tweet it —

I’ll divorce them from my base.

Yet Sleepy Joe and Kamala

Now act like king and queen

They’re even taking credit

For my miracle vaccine!

I WON I WON I WON I DID!

You know what else is swell?

Inauguration Day is booked

At my D.C. hotel.

And if things go against me

Well, of course, I just might flee

Or maybe I can get a job

As host on “Jeopardy?”

[email protected]

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

All these claims have to be proven. Innocent until proven guilty. Or has American law changed, guilty till proven innocent? 

Changing target now....You talked about "spurious claims". Claims based on clear evidence are not " spurious" (ex the recording of Trump's "perfect phone call", the CCTV video in MAL, Trump's own statements).

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

vulnerable from what exactly ?   leaving european union was the best thing we ever did

I think being the development of common law, eradicating the slave trade in the western world and being largely responsible for the defeat of Hitler may have been better. 

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Trump was being warned left right and center by experts everywhere. He listened to the snake oil salesmen and pushed ivermectin. "15 cases going to nothing:". "Gone before easter". And all the qanon cultists telling the red states that vaccines don't work and that covid was a chinese hoax.

At that stage a lot of people were saying a lot of things. Many of them are still arguing today.

19 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

I am sure there are other legal professionals who think it's BS. 

If those two guys who have consistently supported Trump in his legal predicaments think there's a problem, then they'll be very few others who think otherwise.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, he is being prosecuted for falsifying business records related to the payments made to Stormy Daniels. He claimed on his tax returns that these were just originally legal expenses, when they were not.

Not to run them as his own personal fiefdom, without any input from anyone but himself, no.

For instance, the President is not entitled to decide all by himself, which media companies are allowed to have broadcasting licences. Under Trump's plans, he would be able to do exactly that.

As stated by his advisers, if Trump gets back into power, they plan to purge the federal government of even non-politically appointed career employees who aren't loyal to Trump, and replace them with only the most hard-core loyalists.

They would also appoint general counsels who will aggressively implement Trump’s orders and skeptically interrogate any career government attorney who tells them their plans are unlawful or cannot be done. In other words, he’s looking for people who would be prepared to break the law for Trump.

You should read up on the unitary executive theory. It basically aims to turn the entire mechanism of government into the president's personal plaything.

He's must have been watching Joe.

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

You mean Biden's DOJ. With what seem like spurious claims of wrong doing. They will have a hard time proving any of those charges, regardless of what they say.

Grand Jury seemed to make a decision they were not spurious claims, here's just a few:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23888936-us-v-trump-nauta-de-oliveira-72723

US-v-Trump-Nauta-De-Oliveira-7-27-23-DocumentCloud.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

Great, at least he does things for the country the people and is not afraid to speak his mind .

He's a bit of a  Rouge but he's better than what you've got now an have had.

He is an embarrassment for the USA, time for the country to get back on track.......................????

The USA don't need a rouge, a girlie pest, or a guy that shafts others via his business practices....????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Every country gets the leaders they deserve, through inaction or ignorance, unfortunately America deserves Trump although not through inaction. I should think that most civilized countries would act with distaste towards him if he won the election, he is a danger to the free world and democracy. Biden should gracefully retire and let a younger dynamic person contest the election. Really, is this the best the USA has to offer, Biden or Trump ?

Apparently you never watched the video  i posted ! 
This is the mind of a American deplorable ,middle class individual that said  call me crazy for liking someone who is a fighter who is more interested in their country as opposed to a leader who is more concerned with taking care of the globalist community!

This guy speaks for a lost and forgotten generation of people and their values!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Even strong supporters from the legal profession like Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz think Trump is in deep legal trouble. Maybe you should advise them on exactly what they've got wrong.

Alan Dershowitz is a strong Trump supporter? 

1 minute ago, riclag said:

This is the mind of a American deplorable ,middle class individual that said  call me crazy for liking someone who is a fighter who is more interested in their country as opposed to a leader who is more concerned with taking care of the globalist community!

Or what the left like to call the deplorables. 

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Trump is only interested in Trump, values? the man is a rapist, a cheat, a criminal and probably a traitor. A forgotten generation ? A generation who have lived on debt, way beyond their means, the 36 trillion debt is coming home to roost, they shouldn't whine with pathos, the American dream is dead, it is as it is, welcome to reality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Maybe the country needs more Trump. Sometimes you have to really squeeze that zit, let it re-gunk up, and then squeeze it hard again.

It looks like he's dead due to more young voters and him killing off a sizable amount of his base via Covid, but if if even a slim majority for him prevails, then the old line lefties like myself were complacent and cheaping out on donating to Biden  -they brought it on themselves.

But again, Biden is out fundraising him 2 to 1 (from his basement!!) and he doesn't have a multi-indictment sized hole in his pocket. Already, Trump is campaigning on the super-cheap, depending on volunteers for organization. The Democratic Machine is not called a machine for nothing.

I left the deepest part of Trump-land to move here. I hope those idiots get every last economy-killing thing they want. If the country wants Trump, I say give 'em a good double-dose of him.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, candide said:

Changing target now....You talked about "spurious claims". Claims based on clear evidence are not " spurious" (ex the recording of Trump's "perfect phone call", the CCTV video in MAL, Trump's own statements).

So guilty until proven innocent for you.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Presidential dictatorship / Facism / Death of American democracy

Or choose likeable Uncle Joe. 

• Haha 1