Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

33 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

But don't say Fox or other silly right wing sites are the same as others that may have an opinion but fact check and have editorial standards.

Personally I think fox is right wing. But I remember talking to a guy, who seemed pretty rational, who told me he looks fox news and thinks they are most balanced. Are they? (It's a rhetorical question).

I think the biggest problem with media companies are omissions, things which they "forget" to report. I.e. a friend, who is not right-wing, asks me from time to time if I saw this or that thing about Biden. Most of the time I didn't know about these events, because the news which I read didn't include this information.

And then there are the comments. Sometimes I leave a comment under news in a left-oriented media source. Sometimes they publish my comments. But other times my comments just don't exist. I.e. there might be an article about what they call "the climate catastrophe", and 100% of the comments agree that this is the biggest problem on earth. I don't think they made up all those other comments. They just didn't publish what critical people commented.

I am sure that is reality on the left and right and everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The important thing here is that the grand jury saw the evidence and believe it compelling enough to issue the indictments. The indictment no matter which media its reported from remains the same.

Ok, fine. But please tell me/us why that didn't convince the 70 million Trump supporters.

Why do they still want him as president?

Do they still think he won last time? 

Do they think he lost and lied but they don't care and want more of the same?

I find it strange what some people believe. But it seems they do believe in "alternative facts".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, fine. But please tell me/us why that didn't convince the 70 million Trump supporters.

Why do they still want him as president?

Do they still think he won last time? 

Do they think he lost and lied but they don't care and want more of the same?

I find it strange what some people believe. But it seems they do believe in "alternative facts".

Do 70 million still want him as President after this? That's yet to be decided.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wasn't 100% of the time everywhere, and I don't really know what happened all the time everywhere.

It's complicated. 

Back in medieval times, this surely was complicated. "She swallowed a feather" reported in the next town as "the whole chicken flew out of her mouth!" Now we have smartphones and that helps.

6 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I think that there are many reasons, some reasonable.

I've spent a fair amount of time in typical Trump supporter areas and I honestly believe that a good number of them are:

1.) Racist

2.) Xenophobic

3.) Of low IQ

A dumb, racist xenophobe's actions cannot be assumed / predicted.

Some of the right senior wing trump advisers subscribe to paleo conservatism. Why MSN media do not usually point out the info I do not know. However, if you're interested in some detail...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatism#:~:text=institutionalized cultural expressions".-,Ideology,gender%2C culture%2C and society.

Edited by simple1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

"Truth isn't truth" -rudy

"Alternative Facts"---kellyanne conway

Quite the rabbithole trump's sycophants and toadies occupy.

Recall trump's Tweet encouraging his cult to descend on DC on 6 Janaury "It'll be wild !"

What is wild about a pro forma acknowledgement of the results of a free and fair election?

"Let's hope Mike Pence does the right thing" (sic)

The right thing was to certify what 50 States had already certified. Pence did that. trump complained that his VP had done his rightful duty. trump heard the chants of "Hang Mike Pence", yet sat and watched it on TV for 180 minutes without doing anything.

From the indictment we see the DoJ has proof that trump not only knew he lost, but was intimately involved with the plot to produce fake electors, who could overturn the will of the people and destroy American democracy.

trump will likely be indicted in GA for his attempts to coerce the GA SecState to 'find me 11,780 votes'.

A worse person has never occupied the WH nor an prominent position in the US. if convicted, trump should and must be handed the maximum punishment. If the crimes are capital crimes, that punishment includes death.

Make it so.

Lots of hidden agendas in Trumps innuendos which played into the insurrection.  Look at those convicted already, and they believed what they were doing was the right thing backed by trumps inciteful words.  Inciteful words are the crux of the issue.  His words echoed by others whipped the crowd into a frenzy on nothing more than a day of ceremony in documenting the EC votes to close out the election won by Biden.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are being fed misinformation yet believe it, simple.  They believe he won and it was a conspiracy to remove him from office since the impeachments did not.

I will disagree: I don't think his supporters believe he won the election. They don't care. They think the USofA will crumble if Trump is not again President and they don't care what it takes for him to again get there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, newnative said:

Or, grow a pair and select another nominee in the first place, one that hasn't plotted to commit treason and overthrow the government, among other things.   Maybe select someone who won't tell his or her vice president that they are 'too honest'.  No chance of that with serial liar Trump.

The 2024 election has already been hampered and I am not sure there would be time to find someone untarnished on either side.  

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Some of the senior wing trump advisers subscribe to paleo conservatism. Why MSN media do not usually point out the info I do not know. However, if you're interested in some detail...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatism#:~:text=institutionalized cultural expressions".-,Ideology,gender%2C culture%2C and society.

Good point. I forgot to include religious in my description of a typical Trumpite.

I found that link interesting by the way.

6 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I read the document and in my lifetime I never have read something so shocking and so well laid out factually. Toast is an accurate summation.

It is indeed damning earlincla...

• Like 2