Thaksin Shinawatra’s return to Thailand delayed amid prime ministerial vote postponement

webfact

"The initial return plan for Thaksin was for Thursday, August 10."

I think "the initial return plan" was way before this one and merely a  "guesstimate" as to the timing of his return!

This scenario strangely reminds me of a book I had to read for my "O" Level English Literature called "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett:-

"The play follows two men, Vladimir and Estragon. The men wait beside a tree for a mysterious man, Godot. However, we learn that Godot constantly sends word that he will arrive tomorrow but that never happens."

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

45 minutes ago, sambum said:

"The initial return plan for Thaksin was for Thursday, August 10."

I think "the initial return plan" was way before this one and merely a  "guesstimate" as to the timing of his return!

This scenario strangely reminds me of a book I had to read for my "O" Level English Literature called "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett:-

"The play follows two men, Vladimir and Estragon. The men wait beside a tree for a mysterious man, Godot. However, we learn that Godot constantly sends word that he will arrive tomorrow but that never happens."

Not unlike the road side billboard for the local pub advertising free beer tomorrow ????

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

It's widely known that he was going to fly into Dom Mueang airport, so my understanding is that his Air Asia flight has been canceled! You just can't trust these low cost carriers... 

Thaksin doesn't fly on commercial carriers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2baht said:

Pheu Thai need to finish hijacking the election first!

I don't think Pita is done and dusted, the cc may rule he can stand again, that nay mean a standoff until next year when the senate won't be able to vote, who knows??? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thaksin has just announced he won't be back on the 10th but he'll definitely be back before the 24th.

100%, definitely, absolutely no doubt, as sure as the sun rises, promise, honestly, trust me, no, really, not joking this time, deadly serious, look you know me, I would never lie to you, cross my heart.

Apologies, just had a spot of delirium as Chuwit did... Okay now 

The reason he's delayed coming back is, to quote Thaksin, he has to see the doctor for a check up first.

Perhaps he means he's going for a lie detector test 

• Haha 2

On 8/4/2023 at 11:12 AM, Hunz Kittisak said:

And why should he go to prison? 
All the charges and subsequent sentences were politically motivated 

So you're not saying he didn't commit the offences then?

If anyone knows about politically motivated charges, it's him.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, bannork said:

Thaksin has just announced he won't be back on the 10th but he'll definitely be back before the 24th.

100%, definitely, absolutely no doubt, as sure as the sun rises, promise, honestly, trust me, no, really, not joking this time, deadly serious, look you know me, I would never lie to you, cross my heart.

Apologies, just had a spot of delirium as Chuwit did... Okay now 

The reason he's delayed coming back is, to quote Thaksin, he has to see the doctor for a check up first.

Perhaps he means he's going for a lie detector test 

Summed up as "a definite maybe".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Summed up as "a definite maybe".

... or 'perhaps a definite maybe depending on ...'

and depending on whether the lease has expired for the private jet and he can't affords to renew it or pay for the fuel/pilots/landing/parking fees?

But never mind he could always do a trump and ask his naive/poor followers to give him big donations.