‘Main customers’: Russians fleeing Putin’s war find a home in Phuket

webfact

3 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Its ok, I understand that they don't wanna fight for that sick bastard Putin. But please just stay at Phuket and don't move to other parts of Thailand. Thanks.

We see lots of Ruskies in our drives here and there but thankfully we don't have them living, and drinking themselves to stupidity with vodka (a national pastime it seems) in our estate.

There are lots buying (so one of the higher end agents in Bang Tao tell us) but not at our end of the market.

3 hours ago, freeworld said:

Oh diddums, a lot of westerners are upset that their once asian paradise which they thought was solely the domain for their holidays and retirement is now being frequented by Russians, Chinese and Indians and Africans and they seem to be upset by that.

Yes dear boy….. because standards ARE falling!!

11 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So why aren't they out there on the front line getting their nuts shot off?

Firstly because they’re not all men so they don’t have nuts. Secondly, that comment doesn’t make sense given that they could easily be either too old too young or a variety of other reasons!! Suggest you reread and edit once you’ve grasped the discussion and try and keep up!!

Edited by bizboi

Oh diddums, a lot of westerners are upset that their once asian paradise which they thought was solely the domain for their holidays and retirement is now being frequented by Russians, Chinese and Indians and Africans and they seem to be upset by that.

Sounds like you are one of those from your list, new bloke.......????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Firstly because they’re not all men so they don’t have nuts. Secondly, that comment doesn’t make sense given that they could easily be either too old too young or a variety of other reasons!! Suggest you reread and edit once you’ve grasped the discussion and try and keep up!!

So what if they're not all men aged under 30? They can still volunteer can't they? What's wrong with them? Don't they love the Fatherland? Or is it the Motherland? Or Uncle Jo Stalin's land? Or Uncle Tom Cobbley's an' All Land? Bah. Pathetic whimps. Send 'em up, I say. Putin supporters my axxx.

Edited by bradiston
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

yeah, read yesterday that Putin has now increased the draft available men to age 70 after scrapping of the original draft law exempting those over 40 with no upper limit.

Imagine sending 70 year old’s to fight , damn ????

Yes...spot on. FINALLY someone who gets it. Thanks kindly for your understanding????

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

So what if they're not all men aged under 30? They can still volunteer can't they? What's wrong with them? Don't they love the Fatherland? Or is it the Motherland? Or Uncle Jo Stalin's land? Or Uncle Tom Cobbley's an' All Land? Bah. Pathetic whimps. Send 'em up, I say. Putin supporters my axxx.

Keep yer nickers on....

Perhaps they just don't want to kill their neighbours for nothing on the command of an ex KGB communist bloke................:ermm:

1 hour ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Bingo!

Unfortunately,  heavy anti-russia propaganda and censorship by NATO countries and their controlled MSM makes it very difficult for many people to see full and honest reporting on the conflict. Hence the brainwashing.

Like on RT for instance?

Don’t forget that Russians who have stayed in Phuket/ Pattaya for a longer time will teach the newcomers how to cope. They stick together, buy condos and have relatives / friends etc staying and paying. Lots of Russians have kids , then they can get visas having kids scolarised in Thai schools. I have two friends who have their kids in Phuket private schools for a few years now, so they have visas with no problems.  Pattaya also have loads in Jomtien, especially in that huge condo with a big pool on the seafront. They have a few businesses there too. I often take a short cut through there from second rd . 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, geisha said:

Don’t forget that Russians who have stayed in Phuket/ Pattaya for a longer time will teach the newcomers how to cope. They stick together, buy condos and have relatives / friends etc staying and paying. Lots of Russians have kids , then they can get visas having kids scolarised in Thai schools. I have two friends who have their kids in Phuket private schools for a few years now, so they have visas with no problems.  Pattaya also have loads in Jomtien, especially in that huge condo with a big pool on the seafront. They have a few businesses there too. I often take a short cut through there from second rd . 

I see a Russian family regularly in the Spa I go to. 3 daughters at international school is 1.5 million THB a year. So don't get the idea they are all bums on the run. These people are well to do ex pats. From St Petersburg if that means anything to you. The whole family speaks good English. The parents are patently well educated, professional people. Russians have been coming here for many years to escape their bitterly cold winters. It's a lot closer to home for them than it is for Europeans. So really it's a much more natural second home for them. The manageress of the spa is a young multi lingual Russian woman. Speaks Thai fluently, Chinese and Japanese. She's a lot of fun. Has a Thai boyfriend.

That's all I have to say.

• Like 1

Would be interesting to see how many are overstayers I would imagine there are a lot as many are young draft dodgers but what will happen to them when they return to there homeland no doubt a couple of years hard Labour having been classified as deserters / draft dodgers 

8 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Its ok, I understand that they dont wana fight for that sick bastard Putin. But please just stay at phuket and dont move to other parts of Thailand. Thanks.

They’ve invaded Koh Samui , Koh Phangan and Koh Tao they rent a few houses from Thai owners then sub let them at double the price I know a few on education visas as a way of getting around the system yet they earn money even tho there on an education visa 

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The article referred to him as having worked in Moscow in IT, he probably still works in IT now in Phuket.

If you read the article properly, you will see he's still working for the Russian IT company.  He's become a digital nomad.

• Thanks 1