Kor ror -Married to a Thai

I hope I have the name right but I mean the updated certificate you get from the local Ampur certifying you are still married. I was wondering how often you should update it. I did mine late last year and am thinking of going for a new visa early next year.  How long before visa application can the certificate be. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Thanks for the replies. I will probably be going to Savannaket by myself. I think it is required there. Due to circumstances it is not that easy for my wife to go to the Ampur on the day before i leave.

Are you sure that it is a requirement when applying for a Visa?

If it is then a few days earlier will probably be ok.

• Like 1

Non - Immigrant Visa "O" (Visiting family member of a Thai nationality, a spouse of Thai national) - สถานกงสุลใหญ่ ณ แขวงสะหวันนะเขต :: Royal Thai Consulate-General, Savannakhet (thaiembassy.org)

Required documents

Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant

Original and a copy of passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages)

Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)

Original and a copy of marriage certificate (for spouse/parent) or birth certificate (for child).

A copy of Thai identification card (for spouse/parent)

A copy of passport (for spouse/parent)

A copy of Thai House registration

Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

Notes:

Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.

Visa Fee must be paid in Thai Baht only, Visa Fees are not refundable in any cases.

Legal migration procedures: In case a false or forged document is submitted in the framework of a visa application the visa will be refused and may be prosecuted.

The applicant must sign on each page of copies of documents.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Thanks for the replies. I will probably be going to Savannaket by myself. I think it is required there. Due to circumstances it is not that easy for my wife to go to the Ampur on the day before i leave.

I was there last week and the lady at the window asked to see kor  ror 2 document. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

Plus the bank letter I presume.

Makes it a busy day.

Not really. The KR2 can be got from any Amphur office in Thailand. It's not restricted to the one where you live. My bank is 200m from an Amphur so both easy to obtain.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Maestro said:

This topic is another good example demonstrating the importance of indicating the name of the immigration office being dealt with.

Now the OP, @Wongkitlo, will have to plow through replies about the procedure used at up to 74 different immigration offices, like some self-inflicted torture.

Yes. Should have mentioned Savannaket at first. I did reply with that but yes, important advice.

Removed some off-topic posts that were not about the application for non-O visa application at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet  (which the OP belatedly and obliquely mentioned was the case)

• Like 1