Public support for new Brexit referendum revealed

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No data then.

Nor have you, there has been no "off the record" vote, only newspaper column chat.

You of all people should know that chat means nothing, actual ticks on a ballot paper do. Look what happened when Boris called an election, most proved wrong....:clap2:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I agree. Seems to be all Starmer and his cronies are doing.

He was in my old home town the other day. Talking to students about university fees. He's going to make them all free. Decided not to tell how, when or where the money is coming from.

The country knows what they are looking at when it comes to Labour, Corby & Abbott are still fresh in people's minds, I reckon Starmer & Rayner are in that same bracket.....????

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Nor have you, there has been no "off the record" vote, only newspaper column chat.

You of all people should know that chat means nothing, actual ticks on a ballot paper do. Look what happened when Boris called an election, most proved wrong....:clap2:

Except:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2023/07/18/britons-would-vote-rejoin-eu

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Of course, they would............????

But you, nor I actually know what would happen for the simple reason there has been no actual vote..........????

I find it strange you don't understand that.........????

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, so you don’t like the data.

I don't like much that you put up, it is usually anti-Britsh cr@p.

Come back when there are results of another referendum vote, not your own personal agenda from across the pond...????

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't like much that you put up, it is usually anti-Britsh cr@p.

Come back when there are results of another referendum vote, not your own personal agenda from across the pond...????

Sorry I don’t recognize your ‘anti-British whatever’.

BREXIT has damaged the UK and continues to do so, how being opposed to something that damaged the UK is ‘Anti-Brit’ remains for you to explain.

Hey but chill, if you believe public opinion has not moved against BREXIT you’ve nothing to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

BREXIT has damaged the UK and continues to do so, how being opposed to something that damaged the UK is ‘Anti-Brit’ remains for you to explain.

Hey but chill, if you believe public opinion has not moved against BREXIT you’ve nothing to worry about.

I don't worry about anything Brexit related, it was voted for, and implemented.

After reading your stuff for many years, on any thread, I/we know your stance on the UK....????

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I cannot understand why the great citizens of Britain want to give away their sovereignty which is really a complete loss of democracy for them and the rest of the member nations. All Criminal Courts will hand over to Brussels all power, which is corporate law, or ‘commercial rules of contract’ they call ‘Statutes’

All member nation's Prime Ministers will make up the ‘EU Council,’ with a President. This council can amend all treaties at will without peoples recourse under article 48 of the Treaty (self amendment)

The EU system under the Lisbon Treaty removes power from the smaller nations in favour of the large countries such as  Germany, France, and Spain. This is about Corporate takeover of nation states, it has nothing whatever to do with a better world for the people. Only un elected Commissioners can make Law for over 500 million people, and the politician’s claim the Treaty is ‘GOOD,’ we need to face facts here, politician’s are thick, brain dead, or happy to destroy every member state involved in this treasonous Treaty. Demos + People Crazy + Rule, lost Democracy Full Stop.

The Treaty of Rome was bad enough. The EEC/EC/EU was always intended to be controlled by an unelected few, over the peons. European economic agreements and trade could be arranged separately and would work well, without all the politics. I think that enough of the British saw that and so voted out in 2016. Maybe a reminder is needed? 

• Haha 1

Just now, RayC said:

Then I'd return that crystal ball if I were you as it's clearly faulty. (I assume that you are not into self-harm and supported Brexit in the mistaken belief that it would be beneficial for the UK).

Rarely. Occasional posts about Thailand and sport. I prefer to stick to subjects where I can tell fact from wishful thinking????

Witty.............????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Seems we all believe the same as your mate Starmer. If he believed you, he would make sure it was part of his election campaign. Imagine that, on just one policy he has the majority of the electorate, apparently.

Oh wait, he hasn't done it. That suggests he is concerned of a negative impact such a move might make. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Seems we all believe the same as your mate Starmer. If he believed you, he would make sure it was part of his election campaign. Imagine that, on just one policy he has the majority of the electorate, apparently.

Oh wait, he hasn't done it. That suggests he is concerned of a negative impact such a move might make. 

Or he knows what issues are the weaknesses in his rival while concerns for voters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

The Treaty of Rome was bad enough. The EEC/EC/EU was always intended to be controlled by an unelected few, over the peons.

Your opinion. My opinion is that is utter nonsense.

European economic agreements and trade could be arranged separately and would work well, without all the politics.

How? What's the template? ASEAN? If so, any semblance of quality control, product integrity, etc goes by the wayside. Alternatively, bi-lateral agreements? So each of the current EU member states' enters into individual agreements with each other (+/-350 agreements in total). Not so simple.

I think that enough of the British saw that and so voted out in 2016. Maybe a reminder is needed? 

I would have thought that the difficulties experienced since the referendum result would serve as enough of a reminder. If more evidence of the foolishness of the 2016 decision is needed you could start with the above and add plenty more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

Your opinion. My opinion is that is utter nonsense.

How? What's the template? ASEAN? If so, any semblance of quality control, product integrity, etc goes by the wayside. Alternatively, bi-lateral agreements? So each of the current EU member states' enters into individual agreements with each other (+/-350 agreements in total). Not so simple.

I would have thought that the difficulties experienced since the referendum result would serve as enough of a reminder. If more evidence of the foolishness of the 2016 decision is needed you could start with the above and add plenty more.

You sound like Mandelson. So we will disagree, forever.

42 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh really? Starmer will rewrite the deal? The EU might have something to say about that. The EU certainly isn't going to agree to a deal that is better for Britain, so what Starmer appears to be doing is committing to a deal that is better for the EU.

Selling the UK down the river. No wonder you support him.

God help the UK if Labour are elected. 

Anyway, still plenty of time for Labour to screw it up. I am sure they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Oh really? Starmer will rewrite the deal? The EU might have something to say about that. The EU certainly isn't going to agree to a deal that is better for Britain, so what Starmer appears to be doing is committing to a deal that is better for the EU.

Selling the UK down the river. No wonder you support him.

God help the UK if Labour are elected. 

Anyway, still plenty of time for Labour to screw it up. I am sure they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

The failing BREXIT deal is due for renewal in 2025 regardless of which political party is in power.

On what basis you claim Starmer is, or plans to, sell the UK down the river remains to be explained.

I am very much looking forward to the election. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The failing BREXIT deal is due for renewal in 2025 regardless of which political party is in power.

On what basis you claim Starmer is, or plans to, sell the UK down the river remains to be explained.

I am very much looking forward to the election. 

Failing? The figures you've been quoting for ages have been revised. Didn't you get the memo? Or more likely you saw it and are still gaslighting...

https://www.ft.com/content/50386cc2-003b-4af1-946b-cf3243da810f

image.png.660394a19b2b16646264362763eec552.png

Starmer and his self loathing chums at Labour hate the UK. That's why they are so desperate to rejoin the EU and will do anything to achieve it, including destroying the country.

Look forward to the election as much as you like, only us Brits can vote, not the Brit hating American Democrats  (thankfully).

• Thanks 1