Ordering an aircon from BigC

mike111

4 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

In Thailand it is absolutely worthless to buy aircons and white goods at Big C, Makro or Tesco. Buy at local shops instead, even if a few baht expensier, then you have home delivery, and they will upon you ordering it, install it for you...... DONT buy at Big C... worthless..

Bought all my air conditioners in-store at Big C. As they are next door to Global we naturally compare both. Big C have always included delivery and installation. Global delivery only, installation extra. On all occasions Big C, when asked, had units on special offer that weren't on display. When we offered to buy two at once we negotiated a further discount. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mike111 said:

I'm thinking of ordering a 9000BTU aircon from BigC online.

The website (at least its English version) says installation isn't included.

So do they just deliver the box & it's up to customer to find a technician to install it?

or can I pay for installation while ordering?.

Thanks 

You really have to wonder sometimes.....

If they say installation is not included, that's most certainly what it means: you get the box, and its contents, the box won't be installed but the stuff in the box, you do it yourself or hire someone, and if that's not possible then this type of deal is not for you.

What the heck does your last sentence m,ean? Pay for installation while ordering?? You mean during the ordering process? Like adding on meals, seats, insurance during/in the process of an Air Asia booking? Only one way to find out: go through the process, check it out, and abort at the PAY stage if you're not happy.

Now, about getting through the front door ..... Insert your key, turn the door handle and push ......

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That would really depend on which Big C, which brand/model (current) and of course, who is installing it vs price.  

Would hope anyone buying is researching the brand & models available, before just buying of the display.  Read the specs & ratings.

5 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

In Thailand it is absolutely worthless to buy aircons and white goods at Big C, Makro or Tesco. Buy at local shops instead, even if a few baht expensier, then you have home delivery, and they will upon you ordering it, install it for you...... DONT buy at Big C... worthless..

Expensier?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, mike111 said:

Given all the aforementioned, any recommendations on shops in Jomtien which would also install the aircon?.

I bought a TCL 8000btu unit at Thai Watsadu on Sukhumvit, Jomtien for a friends 29 s/m condo in Pattaya.  Installation was included, B500 extra to remove the old unit.  Installers showed-up on time and all was finished in an afternoon.

This was 5 years ago and it's still operating without any issue.  I don't recall the exact amount but less than B10,000 all-in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dddave said:

I bought a TCL 8000btu unit at Thai Watsadu on Sukhumvit, Jomtien for a friends 29 s/m condo in Pattaya.  Installation was included, B500 extra to remove the old unit.  Installers showed-up on time and all was finished in an afternoon.

This was 5 years ago and it's still operating without any issue.  I don't recall the exact amount but less than B10,000 all-in

There was a good thread recently about TCLs, big discounts for those currently, i would buy one of those at a big saving then get a local installer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I will not use the emoji, but THANKS.

You're cool Kannika, it's the mindless "confused" emoji posters who are obviously not smart enough to express themselves to clarify their confusion, I guess they just remain confused! ????

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

You're cool Kannika, it's the mindless "confused" emoji posters who are obviously not smart enough to express themselves to clarify their confusion, I guess they just remain confused! ????

I have used the emojis in the past (few weeks), but now will express my feeling in actual WORDS. Cheers.

Especially when they are anonymous, or Mr someone is very busy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it true that the compressor of an inverter AC never shuts down ? So you put on the AC like at 10 am , and it runs all day , untill you shut it down . Ok maybe at the lowest like 300-400 W , but all the time.

Do they also work as a fan (without AC) , like regular models ?

(side question : does it mean that inverter fridges also never shut down > so it keeps running 24 hours a day ?)

12 hours ago, dddave said:

you can usually negotiate the removal away by letting them keep the old unit. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

That's money in their pocket, and no need to pay for them to take the old unit.  They'll take if for free.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

They actually buy the old one, 500 bht in my case....

The thing to do is, get your Mrs. to ask them if they want to buy it......????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I have used the emojis in the past (few weeks), but now will express my feeling in actual WORDS. Cheers.

Especially when they are anonymous, or Mr someone is very busy!

i never use the sad or confused emojis as they are the weapons of the trolls

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Whoever put the SAD emoji, please come on and tell me why, thanks.

Had the same thing happen on just about all of my posts @KannikaP and still do, and don't know why, but I don't let it bother me know, as I just rest easy knowing that there is a f....wit taking the trouble to follow my posts!! 

23 hours ago, mike111 said:

Brand new install.

So they are going to have to at least drill a hole in the wall, potentially run new cable to wire it up etc etc.,

You don't say if condo or house and if first or second floor if a house. If a house, other than ground floor, or a condo, how accessible is the wall where you want the compressor to sit?

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Had the same thing happen on just about all of my posts @KannikaP and still do, and don't know why, but I don't let it bother me know, as I just rest easy knowing that there is a f....wit taking the trouble to follow my posts!! 

Here is a THANKS!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i never use the sad or confused emojis as they are the weapons of the trolls

Can't be, they are supplied by the site to be used, though a bloke this afternoon put 9 sads in less than a minute on me, think he's got the hump wiv me, though I think staff can read who, so be careful out there ...........????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Can't be, they are supplied by the site to be used, though a bloke this afternoon put 9 sads in less than a minute on me, think he's got the hump wiv me, though I think staff can read who, so be careful out there ...........????

The confused ones look constipated to me, good for a laff

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Apparently if stalking is going on message a moderator, maybe start by reporting your post with lots of troll emojis