Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

1 minute ago, khaowong1 said:

I predicted he would be out of prison and at home on a house arrest before the end of the month.  Dayam, he's even quicker than I imagined,  If you don't think this was all planned well in advance of him coming back, I have a super yielding rice farm for sale in Issan.  

I never could imagine him coming back if the fix wasn't in and all the key players in alignment

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Since about 2 years ago, school children have been banned from speaking anything other than English whilst on school property.

Even if true, that still wouldn't make it the official language.

However I don't think it's true, given that Singapore's Ministry of Education official website says that it's compulsory for all students to learn a "mother tongue" language as part of their school studies.  

That would be a little tricky to manage, if they're not allowed to speak any of those languages on school property. 

Your child will need to learn a Mother Tongue Language (MTL) as a second language in school.

Learning a Mother Tongue Language in school

And as the article goes on to say:

There are 3 official MTLs:

Chinese

Malay

Tamil

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Entirely predictable.

A few weeks in a luxury suite at the police hospital followed by home detention. Followed by a pardon. 

Will be somehow like this.

But he will not stay 1 day under  police detention and pardon is he already. (?)

Edited by Somrak

5 minutes ago, Somrak said:
11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Entirely predictable.

A few weeks in a luxury suite at the police hospital followed by home detention. Followed by a pardon. 

Will be somehow like this.

But he will not stay 1 day under  police detention and pardon is he already. 

Close... its been reported that he's moved from the Police hospital already...  

Apparently the AC had failed there... so he had to be moved to a private hospital. 

(ech-hmmm....  utter BS, as a reporter went to the police hospital onto the floor he'd was supposedly previously in and the AC was working !!)

We'll later find out one of the following possibilities: 

- He never went to the Police hospital in the first place and went straight home. 

- He never went to the Police hospital in the first place and went straight to a private hospital.

- He needs 24 hour dedicated care which can only be given at home. 

(ech-hmmm....  utter BS, as a reporter went to the police hosptial and wi

3 hours ago, david555 said:

my point was only to show  any slight thing can make an airport closing flights .......

And still i like Swampy as one of the nicest airports on world ...... build of course under Thaksin gov.

BTW you mentioned it in a Thaksin topic yourself.....????

OK, but read the full details about building swampy and the paymaster, it's not as rosy as some think.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Since about 2 years ago, school children have been banned from speaking anything other than English whilst on school property.

And when they are not on school property which IIRC does not cover the whole city state of Singapore, and when they are at home, what language do they speak?

What language do adults speak as they are not school children, and not on school property?

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

A deal for sure but not that one. The sole reason for the existence of The Senate is to prevent anyone who is not a crony of the Generals from taking power. Move Forward were actually prevented from being in governance before the party existed - it was never going to happen.

How can something that never existed be prevented?

????????????  The Police come from the Poor rural areas and are basically Red Shirts So Ofcourse thats,s where He,s Ended up . basically His own Castle! Just like Escobar when He ended up in His own Prison. 

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was responding to a comment about Thaksin which mentioned the airport - and said that he pretended to open the airport even though it was closed again after his one flight of the day/weeks/months took off. And that he complained about signs there being in English. I'm happy that you like the airport. Now fly to Singapore and compare that airport to Swampy.

To be fair, if you compare 99.99% of the worlds airports to Changi they look like chicken sheds with runways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

And when they are not on school property which IIRC does not cover the whole city state of Singapore, and when they are at home, what language do they speak?

What language do adults speak as they are not school children, and not on school property?

It's not even true anyway, schoolchildren are not restricted to speaking only English in Singapore schools. In fact it's compulsory for schoolchildren there to learn (and therefore speak) a second "mother tongue" language in school, as shown in the link below.

Learning a Mother Tongue Language in school

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Are you aware that the average IQ in Northern Thailand is 89, behind Isan at 90, Bangkok 96, and southern Thailand 94 .

IQ is a function of education, in a country where the system is designed to inculcate obedience and conformity. Development of students who question the status quo is dangerous to the ruling elite.

Statistically, the difference between an IQ of 89 and one of 90 is meaningless, as is the relevance of your response.

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I'm sure they speak a variety of languages - that doesn't take away from the fact that Singapore has decided that its de facto official language is English. What's your point?

• Haha 1