How should I deal with a very persistent Thai male?

bob smith

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I was just responding to what I saw as also a sarcastic reply. Not an insult. It's still referred to videotaping by many, although it can be either. No tape involved, no film, but still in the minds of many.

Yes, I suppose it's like saying that some singer has just released a new LP!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, I suppose it's like saying that some singer has just released a new LP!

Yes, or album, like that person said. I myself have thousands of cd's. but when I talk to friends, I'll say I have their new album. It's ingrained.

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Just start wearing costumes..  let's see just how far he's willing to go for love.

image.png.3e18bd985ac6b20d28d9f835477566fd.png      image.png.1ffed77379a5e4ce2683824896c9b5c4.png

And start being more "theatrical".

Or perhaps this kind of costume?

gimp.jpg.8c0acfc3e94877f5f60da69de8a491ae.jpg

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Why not try to serve stale spring rolls to the pest ?

Or do things the opposite way.

Start to pester him and drop in at his place at odd times that would cause a nuisance to his family ?

actually, the Japanese ask guests that they want to leave if they would like to eat a certain dish.

it's a Japanese custom and the guests understand it's time to say goodbye.

Is there something like that in Thailand ?

When you feed the monkey, you own the monkey.  Whether it a cat, dog, giving someone a ride in your car, loaning some money, opening your door and allowing them in your home, or engaging in conversation you don't want. If by phone, text or email...the best response is radio silence.  

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

wow.

that is pretty hardcore.

my 'friend' has not made any advances on me as of yet.

he has a pretty hot thai wife who i actually wouldnt mind bangin at some point.

she is one of the only reasons I still give him any time.

she always wears a mini skirt when she comes to our house.

..he is conning you..wants wife swapping.

Everytime he shows up, don a mask and proclaim you've got COVID.

What was the reason you're wife introduced you to some Thai man?

Did she think you were lonely?

I couldn't imagine my wife ever doing that, thankfully.

Odd situation in every aspect. 

22 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have this thai acquaintance that i know through mrs smith.

He came into my life about 5 years ago or so.

first time i met him I could sense something wasnt quite right about him and in fact after our first meeting i told my wife that i didnt want him to come to our house again.

mrs smith was adamant that he was OK and I should give him another shot.

so i did.

Since then i have blocked him/ceased contact with him on numerous occasions but he always seems to wriggle his way back into my life somehow. Sometimes he shows up at my house totally unannounced, beers in hand.

its hard because his wife works with mrs smith so I cant remove him completely.

He is a bit of a nutcase i think

some of the stuff he comes out with beggars belief when hes had a drink.

To be honest im bored of him but i know that even if i block all contact one day he will just show up at my door again.

do people like this never get the message?

what should i do?

Should i tell him to his face that i hate him or just continue to placate him when he arrives at my house uninvited and milk him for everything he has got?

he claims that he likes farang but when he is drunk you can see the jealousy/envy/animosity in his eyes.

he is of Thai chinese heritage. 

another thing is he likes to copy me. the way i look/dress/act etc. its as if he is a doppleganger. 

what motivates such people?

Its a tricky one....

This story has a easy solution. Everytime he comes by, tell him you're on your Way to a church meeting. To learn about the saving Grace of Jesus Christ, and he's more than welcome to come with you. If that doesn't have him running in the opposite direction, ask your wife how she would feel if you went golfing or name your entertainment of choice while she had to entertain this dude by herself. If she doesn't realize that he's a couple of tomatoes shy of a thick sauce now, maybe she will after a few hours alone with said individual.

Good luck and btw of course don't leave your wife alone with him. And secondly this is not intended to offend Christian as I'm one, I just know that most non-believers want nothing to do with the subject of Jesus Christ. If he does want to go with you you better know how to find a Church and fast.

• Confused 1

I've had a case myself of one of the local BIB has lost his marbles and seeks me out. When I was drinking I could be found at the local mom and pop shop having a beer whilst waiting for food that was getting done at the BBQ stand next door.

The cop knew this and used to zoom in on me, it used to get a bit embarrassing when he would stand in the street and salute me. He was always asking for a couple of separate cigarettes ( the shop still sells them like that ) or a bottle of milk or a coke, nothing major.

He was turning up every day. It's small money, but he just wouldn't go away.

I've stopped drinking so I am managing to avoid him now. Everybody knows he's not well.

I told my other half that this guy also was still wearing uniform and carrying a gun, she said not to worry they don't allow him to load it with bullets.

True story.

22 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have this thai acquaintance that i know through mrs smith.

He came into my life about 5 years ago or so.

first time i met him I could sense something wasnt quite right about him and in fact after our first meeting i told my wife that i didnt want him to come to our house again.

mrs smith was adamant that he was OK and I should give him another shot.

so i did.

Since then i have blocked him/ceased contact with him on numerous occasions but he always seems to wriggle his way back into my life somehow. Sometimes he shows up at my house totally unannounced, beers in hand.

its hard because his wife works with mrs smith so I cant remove him completely.

He is a bit of a nutcase i think

some of the stuff he comes out with beggars belief when hes had a drink.

To be honest im bored of him but i know that even if i block all contact one day he will just show up at my door again.

do people like this never get the message?

what should i do?

Should i tell him to his face that i hate him or just continue to placate him when he arrives at my house uninvited and milk him for everything he has got?

he claims that he likes farang but when he is drunk you can see the jealousy/envy/animosity in his eyes.

he is of Thai chinese heritage. 

another thing is he likes to copy me. the way i look/dress/act etc. its as if he is a doppleganger. 

what motivates such people?

Its a tricky one....

Damn Bob, you have an identical twin, look in the mirror

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

what is your problem?

He doesn't have a problem

He has worked out that you have no dignity or self respect, and that you are a desperate attention seeker.

He has worked out that you are so desperate for attention that you have, so to speak, put a sign on yourself reading "Please Kick Me", because such an invitation, on AN, is guaranteed to produce the desired "attention".

He doesn't have my compassionate attitude towards individuals such as yourself, so he has taken up the offer.

I, of course, would not dream of indulging your craving.

PS The "what is your problem?" question reads as you underlining the words on the sign.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tandor said:

..he is conning you..wants wife swapping.

Doesn't seem much of a con. Bob doesn't fancy his wife. He does, apparently, fancy this guy's wife. So a wife swap would seem to be a perfect situation for Bob. As long as we're all ignoring the elephant in the room, of course...

Edited by JayClay

4 minutes ago, Enoon said:

He doesn't have a problem

He has worked out that you have no dignity or self respect, and that you are a desperate attention seeker.

He has worked out that you are so desperate for attention that you have, so to speak, put a sign on yourself reading "Please Kick Me".

He doesn't have my compassionate attitude towards individuals such as yourself, so he has taken up the offer.

PS The "what is your problem?" question reads as you underlining the words on the sign.

what's your problem? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

I too have the same problem with a young and voluptuous lady who will not leave me alone, any ideas as how to keep her away from me?

Show her what you've got it will either scare her away or she will see there's nothing here????

Have a local SENIOR Police officer tune him to b*gger off! and not to darken your door again or else.

A small kindly friendly basket for all the coppers at the station, with a special gift basket for the senior officer, containing a nice gift voucher for some outlet.

Problem solved.

I think you just have to put up with him. It doesn't sound like he's the type to do any physical harm. If his wife is beautiful, and receptive to a bit of flirting, even more reason to put up with the bad along with the good.

You just need to have strategies/excuses in place to minimise your time with him.

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

leave no cliche unturned... do you have a GF or no Thai lady would even look at you? 

Fact, 2 recent cases i heard, one "brother" moved in, was her husband, another case builder moved in, having sex with the wife. Never happen to you, too handsome and slim

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Fact, 2 recent cases i heard, one "brother" moved in, was her husband, another case builder moved in, having sex with the wife. Never happen to you, too handsome and slim

Great awareness of language - it happening all the time is what makes it a cliche... neither handsome nor slim... personality is the key. What is your very sick obsession with weight all about? Other than being a bit creepy?

Edited by 1FinickyOne

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Great awareness of language - it happening all the time is what makes it a cliche... neither handsome nor slim... personality is the key. What is your very sick obsession with weight all about? Other than being a bit creepy?

I'll be honest with you, you seem a bit creepy, definitely stalking tendencies, let's leave it there, move on

If this is a serious OP, then just be busy with something – or pretend to be busy with something – and not having spare time for the visitor and his beers. At some point, he will most likely get bored and stop visiting you...:thumbsup: