First Thai relationship, any advice?

ozthai23

Every answer here, strangely, can be the correct one for your situation. The only way you'll know is time. Liars will always show it eventually. She might be damaged goods from childhood, and although she's attracted to men, she might fear them, and want distance as not to be controlled. Being sore doesn't sound kosher, but you never know. More lubrication needed, a possible STI, too rough a few days earlier, or a possible medical condition. Every thing she says might be the truth, or some might be half truths. If you really like here, don't expect much and take things as they are. trust here if that's your way, and let time decide if she's worthy of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

From what I've seen parenting strategies here are basically just abusive and there's so much neglect too.

So many were raised by a great auntie - who raised all the extended family's children while parents were working away from home literally forever - kind of like an orphanage within the family construct.

Sounds like she doesn't like sex or she doesn't find the OP a turn on.

Both replies might be right on because of possible childhood trauma. More than 35% of children here are raised by grandparents, some of whom may be illiterate, abusive or neglectful. Kids without parental contact suffer a lot going into adolescence.                      Being in her twenties and always on the phone is normal here, because that's what they all see with their friends, and many parents.                     Control from authoritarian caregivers teaches them they cannot speak without reprisal, and that continues in schools here. Stunted growth and fear of being able to speak your mind.                                                                                                    She might like sex but fears it and intimacy for a number of reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bbko said:

Serious question that may play into the relationship?

How's your Thai speaking skills and her English speaking skills?

When I was new to Thailand and couldn't speak much Thai and hooked up with a Thai girl that couldn't speak much English, the relationship went downhill fast.

Exactly, and was a big reason my ex and I divorced. I tried to help, explaining things, most of which she didn't , or didn't want to understand. If you don't communicate daily, trouble happens. They they resort to their friends, phones or silence.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You sound a bit passive. Ask her why she comes over so late. Give her a reason to come over ealiier. Take her out. Have fun. Sounds like you are watching on, getting late night fun, but not pushing it further. If she’s not asking for money that’s a good sign.

Have asked her if she wants to do something out of the house during the day, her response was there's nothing to do here in khon kaen don't worry about it is ok.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, G Rex said:

This relationship sounds like it is doomed from the outset.

Too many negatives here.

I can see no positives in your post - why would you want to continue this relationship?

Time to make the break, and look for greener pastures... 

Because, from the first date her smile hooked me. Her laugh is has the same affect. She brings me things before she's comes over and is thoughtful too. But in the next breath some of these other behaviors are also occuring. It's hard.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You are in another culture, which simply means people have different ways of doing things... It sounds like she really does not want to be questioned by you - - go with that - - or don't. But, don't get your underwear tangled in a snit. 

you didn't go into it, but sounds like she probably accepts you as you are... 

She is a student, a person and she obviously has a life. 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1