Local Thai restaurants

lovely thai

1 minute ago, Andre0720 said:

The only place where the cooking is done with good oils, Extra virgin olive oil particularly, at the right temperature to avoid oxidation and thermal degradation, using a home made sauce that does not contain the poisonous refined sugar, seems to be in my home kitchen.

So I avoid Thai restaurants, as by definition would cook the worst food on this planet. All sauces, all of them,  come from Super Cheap mini-mart or Tesco Lotus, and are laced with some 20% of refined sugar.

I cook Thai food, but in a way that does not make it an ideal 'aid in dying'.

Avoid all Thai restaurants, if you care for your health.

Are you inviting the O.P around to your house for a meal ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only place where the cooking is done with good oils, Extra virgin olive oil particularly, at the right temperature to avoid oxidation and thermal degradation, using a home made sauce that does not contain the poisonous refined sugar, seems to be in my home kitchen.

So I avoid Thai restaurants, as by definition would cook the worst food on this planet. All sauces, all of them,  come from Super Cheap mini-mart or Tesco Lotus, and are laced with some 20% of refined sugar.

I cook Thai food, but in a way that does not make it an ideal 'aid in dying'.

Avoid all Thai restaurants, if you care for your health.

What a load, be careful you don't trip over your own shoelaces..........Gawd...........:ermm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NamRutai said:

What is unclear in this? I am inquiring about no tourist-oriented restaurants in Bangkok. Please enhance your English comprehension, or should I provide you with some education?

Devilish that I mention have been there numerous times... never seen a tourist/foreigner in the place only ever Thai's... I assume as they do not accept walk in custom... pre-book only is why no tourists.

But some will argue it is not a Thailand restaurant.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you inviting the O.P around to your house for a meal ?

Well, if he cares to have a nice meal, without known poisons, and geography is not a problem, hehe.

As long as he is aware of carcinogens, and what refined sugar can do on a long term, and that he could finally eat without feeling that something lethal in in his plate, let's go for it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

What a load, be careful you don't trip over your own shoelaces..........Gawd...........:ermm:

Is that the best answer you can come up with.

Be careful that you do not poison yourself with your food...

• Haha 1

Just now, Andre0720 said:

Is that the best answer you can come up with.

Be careful that you do not poison yourself with your food...

At my old age I think I have eaten OK to get there, but you have spouted a load of nonsense because you think you know best.

My parents lived till near 90, they came from poor backgrounds and were brought up on none of your fancy stuff.

Fancy oils, ????, beef dripping, the same as I was brought up on..... ????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Well, if he cares to have a nice meal, without known poisons, and geography is not a problem, hehe.

As long as he is aware of carcinogens, and what refined sugar can do on a long term, and that he could finally eat without feeling that something lethal in in his plate, let's go for it.

You seem to be mistaken, the O.P isn't a "He"

Does that effect the invite offer ?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

At my old age I think I have eaten OK to get there, but you have spouted a load of nonsense because you think you know best.

My parents lived till near 90, they came from poor backgrounds and were brought up on none of your fancy stuff.

Fancy oils, ????, beef dripping, the same as I was brought up on..... ????

Not at all what I am saying. Not about fancy stuff.

My grand-parents lived also till their late 80's.

They did not put refined sugar in all of their meals. The oil they used were not used a the highest temperature, as possible, just to save time.

I studied this with a friend, who was even more into finding out about food. After listening to so many doctors on the subject of nutrition, he finally started avoiding Thai food. And He would say: I thought I was eating healthy.

So if you want to attack someone, the ad-hominem style, make sure to include all the doctors who spent years in studying the subject.

When I stopped eating Thai food, my health got better. What you call 'nonsense'.

Your family, same as mine, did not eat refined sugar in EVERY meal, as it is the case here. Thai people eat all of their meals with a content of more than 20% of refined sugar.

That is not seen in any other country.

In Laos, for example, they do not use refined sugar in their cooking.

The fact that your parents lived till their their 90's, does not make sugar healthy, as they probably ate very little refined sugar. As it is the case in my country.

When I first came here, I did NOT know that every meal, every sauce in Thailand contained refined sugar.

The fact that you do not know and understand all that I am explaining, does not make it 'nonsense'.

• Haha 1

Not at all what I am saying. Not about fancy stuff.

My grand-parents lived also till their late 80's.

They did not put refined sugar in all of their meals. The oil they used were not used a the highest temperature, as possible, just to save time.

I studied this with a friend, who was even more into finding out about food. After listening to so many doctors on the subject of nutrition, he finally started avoiding Thai food. And He would say: I thought I was eating healthy.

So if you want to attack someone, the ad-hominem style, make sure to include all the doctors who spent years in studying the subject.

When I stopped eating Thai food, my health got better. What you call 'nonsense'.

Your family, same as mine, did not eat refined sugar in EVERY meal, as it is the case here. Thai people eat all of their meals with a content of more than 20% of refined sugar.

That is not seen in any other country.

In Laos, for example, they do not use refined sugar in their cooking.

The fact that your parents lived till their their 90's, does not make sugar healthy, as they probably ate very little refined sugar. As it is the case in my country.

When I first came here, I did NOT know that every meal, every sauce in Thailand contained refined sugar.

The fact that you do not know and understand all that I am explaining, does not make it 'nonsense'.

????............Sorry, but are Thai folk dropping dead in droves. A Thai lady I know, who eats all the Thai food, she is as fit as a fiddle, she is 81 today.........You are talking nonsense...

Now Mr. Doughnut is a different matter, but I reckon you have never heard of them....????

11 minutes ago, transam said:

????............Sorry, but are Thai folk dropping dead in droves. A Thai lady I know, who eats all the Thai food, she is as fit as a fiddle, she is 81 today.........You are talking nonsense...

Now Mr. Doughnut is a different matter, but I reckon you have never heard of them....????

So you came up with another anecdote. Good.

My anecdote is a Thai friend who has diabetes, suffered a stroke, and is only in his early 60's.

As many anecdotes as you can find, shows only that your knowledge on the subject is deficient.

I am trying to be factual only, but facts here might be construed as 'ad hominem'. Hehe. My apologies.

So you came up with another anecdote. Good.

My anecdote is a Thai friend who has diabetes, suffered a stroke, and is only in his early 60's.

As many anecdotes as you can find, shows only that your knowledge on the subject is deficient.

I am trying to be factual only, but facts here might be construed as 'ad hominem'. Hehe. My apologies.

I have 2, no 3 farang friends, with diabetes, they rarely eat Thai food, I don't eat any.

My knowledge is deficient.......????.....I am not a muesli or carrot muncher, you sound like you are.

Please keep your daft assumptions and food advice to yourself, I am surprised you live in Thailand, I hope you don't start preaching to Thai folk what they shouldn't be eating......:whistling:

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, that has always been my point .

There are Western style restaurants which are called restaurants and a restaurant in Thailand is any shop which sells food . 

Is she asking about a restaurant in the Western sense of the word, or a restaurant  in the Thai sense of the word ?

As she's Thai, talking about Thai restaurants in Thailand on a forum specifically about Thailand.... would you be prepared to take a stab in the dark ?????

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Devilish that I mention have been there numerous times... never seen a tourist/foreigner in the place only ever Thai's... I assume as they do not accept walk in custom... pre-book only is why no tourists.

But some will argue it is not a Thailand restaurant.

I stopped going there a few years back (pre-covid) I've never witnessed such scenes of disorganisation. 

I also stopped ordering from there as the food always took way longer than reasonable expectations. 

I hope they've improved. 

They do have a couple of 'Thai dishes' on their menu, but a Thai restaurant that does not make. 

36 minutes ago, transam said:

I have 2, no 3 farang friends, with diabetes, they rarely eat Thai food, I don't eat any.

My knowledge is deficient.......????.....I am not a muesli or carrot muncher, you sound like you are.

Please keep your daft assumptions and food advice to yourself, I am surprised you live in Thailand, I hope you don't start preaching to Thai folk what they shouldn't be eating......:whistling:

Well, I do teach as many people as I can about the facts that I have learned, about food or otherwise. Ad hominem statements and your anecdotal ones, are just the definition absence of true knowledge.

So in this instance, I must indicate that I will stop trying to educate you on food matters, as your ability to learn is somewhat deficient.

But I did try.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Well, I do teach as many people as I can about the facts that I have learned, about food or otherwise. Ad hominem statements and your anecdotal ones, are just the definition absence of true knowledge.

So in this instance, I must indicate that I will stop trying to educate you on food matters, as your ability to learn is somewhat deficient.

But I did try.

Regards

Thank gawd for that.........:clap2:

26 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Again a reply containing no useful information at all.

My I respectfully ask what is your level of education...

You really didn't go there, did you ...

... you did ????

Completely irrelevant, as I'm a fricken genius compared to some of the Ph'd holders that I know,  

IQ and actually using it, seems to be more important.  More than a few idiots out there with paperwork stating the opposite ????

And ... I'm only a high school grad, and probably put more work hours in than school hours, on the last year ????

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

As she's Thai, talking about Thai restaurants in Thailand on a forum specifically about Thailand.... would you be prepared to take a stab in the dark ?????

I think the guy you're quoting doesn't know about the kind of places that, IMHO, the OP is likely referring to. He mentioned 50 baht pad Thai at a mall versus "400 baht" pad Thai at an unnamed establishment.

He also thinks that a 40 baht chicken rice joint is a restaurant rather than a fast food joint where you go for a quick feed and then move on so they can turn tables. That's how they make their money, not from freeloaders who sit there for an hour thinking they're the only ones that discovered the joint.

I don't think he knows that there are Thais who have a decent amount of money and who patronise mid-to-exoensive Thai restaurants. I've been to many of them and I usually see other tables with big groups of Thais who prefer more dishes than you can count. it makes me jealous sometimes, especially when the head of the table pulls out a stack of greys to pay for it all ????

He also thinks that chicken rice is Thai food so I don't put much stock in his opinions.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

I think the guy you're quoting doesn't know about the kind of places that, IMHO, the OP is likely referring to. He mentioned 50 baht pad Thai at a mall versus "400 baht" pad Thai at an unnamed establishment.

He also thinks that a 40 baht chicken rice joint is a restaurant rather than a fast food joint where you go for a quick feed and then move on so they can turn tables. That's how they make their money, not from freeloaders who sit there for an hour thinking they're the only ones that discovered the joint.

I don't think he knows that there are Thais who have a decent amount of money and who patronise mid-to-exoensive Thai restaurants. I've been to many of them and I usually see other tables with big groups of Thais who prefer more dishes than you can count. it makes me jealous sometimes, especially when the head of the table pulls out a stack of greys to pay for it all ????

He also thinks that chicken rice is Thai food so I don't put much stock in his opinions.

I was asking her what sort of eating establishment she is enquiring about .

Is she asking about proper restaurants (in the western sense) or Restaurants (in a Thai sense) which are Cafes .

Does she mean a restaurant or a fast food join , is the question I am asking her 

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is she asking about proper restaurants (in the western sense) or Restaurants (in a Thai sense) which are Cafes .

Does she mean a restaurant or a fast food join , is the question I am asking her 

Does it matter ???

Instead of trolling the thread with your pathetic nonsense...  If you know of a place selling Thai food that is worth visiting - then list it...  and list why.

There are some noodle shops that are awesome... 

Some 'street-side' restaurants that are well acclaimed...

Edited by richard_smith237

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does it matter ???

Instead of trolling the thread with your pathetic nonsense...  If you know of a place selling Thai food that is worth visiting - then list it...  and list why.

There are some noodle shops that are awesome... 

Some 'street-side' restaurants that are well acclaimed...

What sort of place would you like some info about ?

High end restaurants or cheap street food style places ?

Narrow you question down a bit and be more specific .

Five star restaurants or restaurants with cockroaches on the wall ?

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

We obviously hang out in different circles. When any of my Thai friends say "let's go to a Thai restaurant" it means exactly that, a restaurant that serves a range of different Thai food and that has wait staff to run around after you. Preferably to to up your beer as soon as you've had a sip.

You call that "Western style" for some reason. I'm not sure that the West ever had the monopoly on that type of place. Heck they probably got the concept from the Chinese along with gunpowder and noodles.

Also the OP is either a troll or an influencer looking for a free ride so I don't know why you'd waste your time asking them about something they could have easily included in their post.

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How about mentioning your favourite local Thai restaurant that is not particularly touristy.... :whistling:

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There's a bunch of places in between those two extremes that you don't seem to know about. I only know of a couple here in the Big Smoke but I won't be sharing their names or locations.

Not because I want to give the troll OP a free ride, I was just very drunk when my friends took me there at 2:00 in the morning and I have no idea where the hell they're located.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

We obviously hang out in different circles. When any of my Thai friends say "let's go to a Thai restaurant" it means exactly that, a restaurant that serves a range of different Thai food and that has wait staff to run around after you. Preferably to to up your beer as soon as you've had a sip.

You call that "Western style" for some reason. I'm not sure that the West ever had the monopoly on that type of place. Heck they probably got the concept from the Chinese along with gunpowder and noodles.

Also the OP is either a troll or an influencer looking for a free ride so I don't know why you'd waste your time asking them about something they could have easily included in their post.

Yes, but Thais often call any outlet that sells food as being a restaurant , 40 Baht Pad Thai shops after often called restaurants .

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

You really didn't go there, did you ...

... you did ????

Completely irrelevant, as I'm a fricken genius compared to some of the Ph'd holders that I know,  

IQ and actually using it, seems to be more important.  More than a few idiots out there with paperwork stating the opposite ????

And ... I'm only a high school grad, and probably put more work hours in than school hours, on the last year ????

Yes i did go there.

Many messages with a member who takes the time to write, but with no valuable content whatsoever.

The best I could do while trying to remain polite.

But thank you for your post.

While it was not positive towards me, at least, it has a content, some merit. Regardless of your level of education.

But completely irrelevant, not sure about that.

If one repeatedly writes comments that have no merit, at one point I will wonder if it is related to a low IQ, or simply related to ignorance.

Some people with high IQ have a lower level of formal education.

So this fellow, as you say 'went there', repeatedly posted useless info.

And in fact, you never repeatedly wrote useless posts, so the question was never asked to you.

Regards

13 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Again a reply containing no useful information at all.

My I respectfully ask what is your level of education...

????....................Well, that takes the biscuit...............????

All I can think of is..........

Old English Fruitcake. A centuries old tradition, like your Nan used to  make. | Recipe | Fruit cake christmas, Christmas baking recipes, Fruit cake  recipe christmas