Two cases of new COVID Omicron sub-variant reported in Thailand

snoop1130

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I am not aware of any "far left" government around the world which imposes face mask mandates.

North Korea has had strict mask mandates for 3 years, not lifted until July this year.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/north-korea-appears-lift-covid-mask-mandate-reports-say-2023-07-04/

So it all depends on whether, from your own political perspective, you consider North Korea to be "far left" or not.

2 minutes ago, goatfarmer said:

I had it at the end of July and, out of curiosity tested (positive) for covid. Bingo! One day of fever, mild chills, a week of snotty congestion and a couple of weeks feeling a bit heavy. No big deal. 

Sounds very similar to my experience although it seemed to clear up a bit quicker for me, there was a lingering throat clearing thing that lasted around a week - a slight annoyance.

Now what really bugs me is that they took the pseudoephedrine based decongestants off the market due to commercial scale drug manufacturers using it in massive quantities to make meth or something like that. None of the alternatives work for me at all at any dose.

So due to the actions of these gangsters I can no longer buy the most effective thing that dries up your nose 100% while you're taking them and I had to ration the few capsules I had left (Benadryl Plus from the UK - not the same as the US product I believe) for night time use so I could sleep properly - sleeping with a runny / blocked nose never works for me.

That was my biggest concern during the week I had it - clearing my blocked nose so I could sleep well.

I had a heavy cold that lasted a few days more than a normal pre 2020 cold.

• Like 1

Either

1- this news is to deflect what's really happening in the government.

or

2- Lord Thaksin's pardon and return to public life will save the day, and we will all forget about him being such a naughty boy! 

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Sounds very similar to my experience although it seemed to clear up a bit quicker for me, there was a lingering throat clearing thing that lasted around a week - a slight annoyance.

Now what really bugs me is that they took the pseudoephedrine based decongestants off the market due to commercial scale drug manufacturers using it in massive quantities to make meth or something like that. None of the alternatives work for me at all at any dose.

So due to the actions of these gangsters I can no longer buy the most effective thing that dries up your nose 100% while you're taking them and I had to ration the few capsules I had left (Benadryl Plus from the UK - not the same as the US product I believe) for night time use so I could sleep properly - sleeping with a runny / blocked nose never works for me.

That was my biggest concern during the week I had it - clearing my blocked nose so I could sleep well.

I had a heavy cold that lasted a few days more than a normal pre 2020 cold.

Try Nasol spray or Nasolin pills. I used both during the heavy congestion stage. Nasol spray should get you breathing easily at night.

Always fascinating to encounter the American anti-social concept of 'freedom'. Not to mention the peculiar association of the colour red with the political right, and blue with the political left. The great Usofan republic leading the world ...

Meanwhile back in the real world ... In Oz the current advice I saw  3 or 4 weeks ago was that the new round of viruses was highly infectious but likely less nasty than the Omicron round. And on the basis that most people (in Oz) have now reasonable levels of resistance to covid (because of previous infection +/or vaccines) people should wait  3 or 4 or 6 months before getting the latest round of all-inclusive vaccines still being readied for distribution. (Which probably means we won't see the latest vaccines here in Thailand till some time next year).

Edited by mfd101

32 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Always fascinating to encounter the American anti-social concept of 'freedom'. Not to mention the peculiar association of the colour red with the political right, and blue with the political left. The great Usofan republic leading the world ...

Meanwhile back in the real world ... In Oz the current advice I saw  3 or 4 weeks ago was that the new round of viruses was highly adaptable but likely less nasty than the Omicron round. And on the basis that most people (in Oz) have now reasonable levels of resistance to covid (because of previous infection +/or vaccines) people should wait  3 or 4 or 6 months before getting the latest round of all-inclusive vaccines still being readied for distribution. (Which probably means we won't see the latest vaccines here in Thailand till some time next year).

Oz the real world ????????????????????????

14 hours ago, 2long said:

Now let's just forget about this silly virus and get on with life..

Oh, hang on.... the agenda of some interested parties means that we will forever be in fear and therefore under their control.

A lot of 'covidiots' and antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists might not have been that far off the mark 3 years ago.

So you know all about it then. 

Covidiots, conspiracy theorists and antivaxxers are still that. Utterly stupid! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

The local "flu" is not pleasant. Slow to kick in and then a peak over a few days and then slow to wind down - look forward to it keeping you company for 10 - 12 days. Not a 48 hour bug. This one delivers a persistent throaty cough and lethargy ... but not enough to keep you in bed ... just drags you down a bit. Two negative covid tests and in my opinion was more persistent and nasty than when I had Covid. 

• Thumbs Up 1