PM Vows to Crackdown on Corruption

webfact

19 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Just when I think Srettha can't sound any sillier he proceeds to exceed my expectations.

"Fight against corruption" is a standard saying in Asia, it's like asking someone "How are you", it doesn't mean anything but it is expected, once the platitudes are out of the way you can say what you really want to talk about  like, "How much do we have to pay the anti=corruption commission".

There are some iron clad rules. One of which is that an incoming PM in Thailand will claim to want to do something about corruption, but Thailand will be as corrupt as ever, possibly more so, when Srettha leaves office. His partners-in-crime will leave the coalition if he takes away the trough.

• Like 1

I don't know if the Prime Minister can pass such a law on his own because Parliament certainly won't, but I'd like to see caning implemented for corruption like in Singapore. But make it public for maximum shaming. Followed by losing your job and an indelible stamp being put on your forehead. Few would dare to be corrupt then. Also, Thailand would probably be about one trillion Baht richer each year because of the 30% Rule.

Edited by renaissanc
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, right! The party (Pheu Thai) of corruption, who has created a coalition including the most corrupt characters (military stooges) in political history, is not about to give up the gravy train. The only hope anyone had of ending corruption died when the new PM's "corrupt" party and his coalition of the "corrupt" (MP's/Generals/Senators) sabotaged the MFP.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I was drinking a cuppa coffee laugh so hard I spit it on my phone. I have to wipe my phone off. They’re joking, rightTIT

That’s just you! imagine how many takes it must have taken an hour before everyone had a straight face and get that picture.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:29 PM, xylophone said:

Impossible to rid of something which is ingrained in Thai society.......at least amongst the upper echelons.

Great! now just follow thru with the jail term of the crim that has just returned, lets see you walk the walk, OH maybe thats not a good choice of words in the case in question. 55555

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

There have been a whole spate of corruption cases in the news the last few days, a coincidence? Not sure if it is the old government letting these go forward so that Srettha cannot claim credit for prosecuting them, or if the prosecutors feel there is a chance that they will not be penalised for publicising them, now that the government has changed (a bit).