Air con, a fridge and sofa: Thaksin Shinawatra’s ‘VVIP’ prison life in Thailand

webfact

35 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So why have ALL the military involved in coups NEVER been charged with anything?

There are few crimes larger than a military coup where the whole country is stolen at the point of a gun by the military.

Yet they get away scot free every time.

Completely off topic.

Too much power to the wrong people

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Is it worth it Thailand, for the whole world to see the farce, debacle and shame you have brought on yourselves for the sake of ONE man? how can you ever look in the face of the world's community knowing you have sold your values and pride for the sake of one corrupt person?

The whole world have spent the last ten years ignoring his convictions and those of his sister; because they realised that the charges, trial and sentences were the work of a military junta which had ousted him ( both of them) when it became obvious that they were going to win the pending election. They were allowed to live in exile with virtually no restrictions. The shame, farce and debacle lie firmly at the feet of the Junta and the vested interests ( opposed to Thaksin) that they serve. Their actions over the last decade or so have revealed that they ( the Junta and the nominally civilian gerrymandered government which they installed to followed them) have no values, and a particularly self centred twisted concept of pride.

If the rest of the world is taking any notice ( which I rather doubt) it is to acknowledge that the Junta are leaving the centre stage of Thai politics and as a result Thaksin has voluntarily returned from exile and is going through a face saving ( for the establishment) process which will shortly result in his release.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Thaksin was moved to the wing of a hospital with private rooms fitted with air conditioning and a TV, fridge, sofa and dining table, while under 24-hour care by nurses.

Officials have denied he’s been the recipient of any special treatment

Wow, I wish that I was in prison.

Yes food included

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Did anyone really expect anything other than this?

Absolutely....    I fully expected him to be in the comfort of his home by now...

.. of course, at home so he can receive 24 hour private medical care for his rare condition so as not to disturb other patients in a hospital. :whistling:

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Is it worth it Thailand, for the whole world to see the farce, debacle and shame you have brought on yourselves for the sake of ONE man? how can you ever look in the face of the world's community knowing you have sold your values and pride for the sake of one corrupt person?

I think similar treatment goes on in many countries. In fact it's blatantly happening right now in USA.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

OK, but there's the opposite side of the argument, why do YOU think thaksin is more than a corrupt conman?

I don't think that Thaksin is more than a corrupt conman.

What I do think is that he was far less corrupt than any military coup government.

The amount of hypocrisy that I have seen about him on this thread, other threads and other forums, compared to EVERY military coup government who walked away free and clear with not even a smack on the wrist, is one reason that I support him. Another reason is that he stood for election, as did Yingluck and was found guilty, as was Yingluck under a court of the military.

At least Thaksin and Yingluck tried, and actually succeeded in doing something for the poor people of Thailand, something that I cannot remember any other government that I have seen in Thailand doing in the 30 years since I first came to work in Thailand in 1993.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What I do think is that he was far less corrupt than any military coup government.

The amount of hypocrisy that I have seen about him on this thread, other threads and other forums, compared to EVERY military coup government who walked away free and clear with not even a smack on the wrist, is one reason that I support him. Another reason is that he stood for election, as did Yingluck and was found guilty, as was Yingluck under a court of the military.

At least Thaksin and Yingluck tried, and actually succeeded in doing something for the poor people of Thailand, something that I cannot remember any other government that I have seen in Thailand doing in the 30 years since I first came to work in Thailand in 1993.

Thaksin Clan has done something for the Thai People? Sure.........naive Optimist:cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Well you've certainly said all of that at least 1,000 times before, and many many posters, incl., me have agreed with you, the military governments, especially the most recent have been very corrupt and vey poor achievers.

But that doesn't mean that the paymaster is innocent, not at all. He's been convicted in proper courts...

However perhaps you'd like to suggest a method to get all current prisoners released this week regardless of what crimes they have committed?

Edited by scorecard

29 minutes ago, geisha said:

“ low oxygen levels in his fingertips” ?? Did a Thai Dr say this ?

You never know that exist ?..... ignorance at highest level  ????

finger oxymeter.jpg

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Thaksin was moved to the wing of a hospital with private rooms fitted with air conditioning and a TV, fridge, sofa and dining table, while under 24-hour care by nurses.

Officials have denied he’s been the recipient of any special treatment

Wow, I wish that I was in prison.

Easy enough for you to arrange I'm sure.