Date Format

KannikaP

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Utterly confusing, totally unnecessary... upside-down and inside out..

Putting MM before DD in a MM-DD-YYYY format is just idiotic.

I've worked for numerous international companies and the ones which use the MM-DD-YY format always suffer some sort of delay, fault or issue as a result.

IMO the ONLY valid date format for international use is DD-MMM-YYYY to avoid any confusion whatsoever... i.e. 24-JAN-2024  this is complete unambiguous and removes every dash of doubt or misunderstanding.

And would it be good if someone, apart from Pope Gregory, came up with a logical calendar  eg 10 months in a year, ignoring the old Lunar months. , or 12 x 30 day months with 5 'unallocated days for New Years Day , mid winter, mid summer and the two equinoxes. That would mean scrapping year numbers as they use here.

Edited by KannikaP

You must be referring to the USA.  The Americas have 37 Countries.

The USofA has it’s own ideas that contradict many other standards throughout the World.

KM vs Miles,  Metric vs SAE,  F vs C,  Right vs Left, Fat lib females vs petite mannered females.

Not going change it, so deal with it.

I think it’s strange that this is of any significance .  Guess some have too much time on their hands. 
And the America haters.  Most couldn’t make it living in America or other western countries. That’s one of the reasons you are living in Thailand. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I join you in your first sentiment … but then would also point out that while “The Donald” occupied the White House he has never been elected by the popular vote of my country.

You are right.. real democracy is also unknown to the Americans... 

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

I shouldn't have read this post; it's started me off again!

If I hear the words, "American English" again, I swear I'm going to burst a blood vessel.

There's only, "English".

Yai yen, yen … not worth your time laboring over … oops, labouring over

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Most couldn’t make it living in America or other western countries. That’s one of the reasons you are living in Thailand. 

Speak for yourself, The reason I live in Thailand 20yrs is Because I made it in western countries, I don't need or want to work or own a business here.

• Thumbs Up 1