Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Beating or drugging is abuse, anything else is not.

I don't believe there is 1 woman in the west without the power to instantly report any man that abuses her. Refuges in every town.

As a guy when I tried to report a woman, after she had thrown boiling water over my back (hospital treatment for 3rd degree burns). I was told by the desk sergeant in a police station to 'man up'. In the west it's women that abuse men.

The reality is abuse is only abuse when a woman is pointing the finger, no physical evidence required.

And quite frankly I'm tired of your constant man hating posts.

You have a very obviously skewed view of the world. It’s not that unusual, but you need to understand that it is not universal. 
Please explain what you would do if you found out an adult male had groomed your son?

Of course I don’t need you to reply to that question. 
It’s abuse, even without ‘beating or drugging’. 
People who should hold themselves to higher standards, taking advantage of the vulnerable. You don’t care, until it affects you. 
Nothing to do with men at all. Lots of abusive women out there. I also know of female teachers who were openly ‘perving’ over their students and also violent and violently abusive women. 
The ‘man hating’ is simply a figment of your imagination. 
Times change and we need to learn how to adapt. Probably you grew up in a time, wherein, much as in Thailand, the police would not involve themselves in a ‘domestic’. Obviously that has changed for various reasons and possibly some have found it hard to adapt. 
No one said that life was fair, but it’s up to you to try to maintain a good environment for you and yours. I’m pretty sure that you wouldn’t be sticking to your definition of abuse if your son were involved. The perpetrator would be taking a long sleep and you would pay your fine. 

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Besides, you missed the point again. I wasn't saying I wanted a thread on the BBC perv. I was simply stating the Brand story is such a huge story because of Brand's fame/notoriety which is primarily due to his politically charged YouTube channel and his views.

Brand was famous before his current YouTube channels . 

He hosted numerous events 20 years ago on TV and appeared in numerous Hollywood films .

Its only recently when his fame dwindled that be began his Youtube channals

18 minutes ago, NextG said:

Please explain what you would do if you found out an adult male had groomed your son?

I would consider it my fault for not supervising my son and his activities. Unlike many parents, my children are always supervised and protected.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would consider it my fault for not supervising my son and his activities. Unlike many parents, my children are always supervised and protected.

So you’d hate yourself ????
Though more seriously, since you obviously are choosing to deflect, you wouldn’t consider it abuse but simply the natural behaviour of a predator and simply accept it as ‘normal’. Understood. 

Edited by NextG

Just now, JonnyF said:

Exactly. That's why the attempts to deny him the right to earn a living are so abhorrent.

Russel Brand is worth about $20 Million  and I doubt that he need the money from Youtube to keep food on his table .

Whether Russel Brand should be allowed to put videos on YouTube or not is a different matter and its up to You tube about what they allow on their site 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Russel Brand is worth about $20 Million  and I doubt that he need the money from Youtube to keep food on his table .

Whether Russel Brand should be allowed to put videos on YouTube or not is a different matter and its up to You tube about what they allow on their site 

Income tested cancellation.

A fascinating concept.

Maybe we could just cancel based on political beliefs? Oh... wait a minute 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Income tested cancellation.

A fascinating concept.

Maybe we could just cancel based on political beliefs? Oh... wait a minute 

It is probably just a case on You Tube not wanting accused people and their alleged victims having arguments about what happened on their You tube channels .

They wouldn't want accused people replying on their channals 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It is probably just a case on You Tube not wanting accused people and their alleged victims having arguments about what happened on their You tube channels .

Yeah that must be it.

I will move along swiftly.

????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ask yourself this question.

You run a business, a customer is accused of heinous crimes and wants to use your business as a platform from which to broadcast their defense (rational or otherwise).

Do you allow this customer to do so or do you suspend their use of your business platform and tell them to come back when it’s all sorted?

Your business, your choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You run a business, a customer is accused of heinous crimes and wants to use your business as a platform from which to broadcast their defense (rational or otherwise).

Depends on their political leanings.

Many people accused but not convicted of crimes are free to post on YouTube.

The majority are left wing. As are the owners. Weird huh... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Did he show it to you  as well ?

If that's all you have to say, I won't be taking anything you have to say on this in the future seriously.

I've noticed that certain posters that have nothing to refute those on the "other side" with, often resort to personal insults and trivialities.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's all you have to say, I won't be taking anything you have to say on this in the future seriously.

I've noticed that certain posters that have nothing to refute those on the "other side" with, often resort to personal insults and trivialities.

You shouldn't have taken it seriously , it was a bit of humour