Bringing wife back

Writing for a friend:

- Swiss national living in Thailand with a non O visa based on retirement.

- his wife is Indonesian, currently living in Indonesia. She used to stay here for a year with visa exempts and border runs. She almost wasn't allowed back in last time so decided to return to Indonesia. It's been almost 3 months. She is below 50 years old.

- They have 2 Children studying in Thailand.

How should my friend proceed to bring his wife back?

Can she be dependent of his retirement visa? What documents would she need?

I know she can also apply for parent of child studying here. She required to have I think 4-500k in an account for a month.

What would you gentlemen advise him to do? Try to do one of these 2 visas from Thai embassy in Jakarta?

Or try to come back tp Thailand with a visa exempt or tourist visa and apply for a long term extension here? Is it even possible? 

Sorry for all the messy questions 555, if more details needed, please ask.

Thank you all for reading.

• Like 2

My wife is Lao and lives here as my dependant.  His Indonesian wife will need a non-O visa (as @DrJack54has explained) from a Thai Embassy.  Another factor to consider when getting her added as his dependant, is he'll need a legalised/certified copy of the marriage certificate (unless they married in Thailand). 

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

she can be his dependant or can get visa as the tutor of one of the kids if studying in Thailand - the school will need to prepare some paperwork. Suggest him to get in touch with an Agency example Ernst and Young they will take care about her. I think she will need to contact Thai embassy in ID to get non-O visa then transformed into resident visa. Agency will tell him.

17 hours ago, Bangkok Alex said:

Thank you very much, do you know which visa she must enter on? Can it be exempt?

mine enter with a regular tourist visa, 17 years ago

Edited by Mavideol