Passport checks at BigC Onnut

Lorry

9 minutes ago, d4dang said:

real cops or?

Good question. I don't know. 

I know only what I posted.  I posted it because it's an area where many foreigners live, and not everybody is carrying his passport when going to BigC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, timendres said:

Lived on Suk 81 for 4 years. Went to the Big-C too many times to count.

Not once, ever, did I see police anywhere near Big-C, Century, or BTS station asking anyone for ID.

That's exactly the reason why I posted it.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In the headline the poster wrote he says at Big C. He then says near Big C. There's a difference. I'm guessing this is a troll from someone who didn't even see what happened himself but was 'told' by a vendor.

Nothing to see here, folks.... Move on.

Sorry for my English.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/296174/at-a-shop-or-in-a-shop

"At the shop" tells the listener you are in or close enough to the shop to be considered on the premises.

"In the shop" is more specific and tells the listener you are within the walls of the shop.

So,"in" would not have been correct.

The difference between "at" and "near" seems to depend on the definition of "premises".

Maybe you visit the place and draw a map of the premises (to scale,  please). In the meantime,  I will ask that vendor where exactly (inches, please!) this happened.

Then we can discuss whether "at" or "near" was the correct preposition 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Sorry for my English.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/296174/at-a-shop-or-in-a-shop

"At the shop" tells the listener you are in or close enough to the shop to be considered on the premises.

"In the shop" is more specific and tells the listener you are within the walls of the shop.

So,"in" would not have been correct.

The difference between "at" and "near" seems to depend on the definition of "premises".

Maybe you visit the place and draw a map of the premises (to scale,  please). In the meantime,  I will ask that vendor where exactly (inches, please!) this happened.

Then we can discuss whether "at" or "near" was the correct preposition 

You still reported something that is hearsay, wherever what you didn't witness did or did not happen.

• Haha 1