⟺ You Believe in GOD: Do You Believe GOD is Trustworthy?

GammaGlobulin

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

the establishment clause firmly states the government of the USA will establish no religious belief on the citizens

IMPOSE

The word you were looking for is "impose"...

Right?

Anyway, what was meant by "establishing" a religion, anyway?

And why are we even talking about this here?

Do you find GOD trustworthy or not?

If so, then give a few examples, why don't you...

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The Question Is:  If, and only if, you believe in God, do you believe God to be trustworthy?

If yes, then why?

If no, then why?

IF you do NOT believe in GOD, 

THEN, this TOPIC is NOT for you, …and...

Therefore...

Please do not comment here.

Since I DO believe in GOD, I will only comment that...

I have not found GOD to be completely trustworthy.

However, I assume that your views might differ from mine.

In God We Trust, is the phrase like the Greenback?

And when you cannot trust the Greenback?...

US-%241-LT-1862-Fr-16c.jpg

Can we trust in GOD to always be trustworthy?

How has GOD proved Himself to be trustworthy during the past few years, for example?

Ever thought about it???

In German, there is a saying : "believing means not knowing"

I have seen no signs at all supporting the existence of God.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

I don't think you believe in God.

You shall not question God. 

"Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of his servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God."

Amen

No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

IMPOSE

The word you were looking for is "impose"...

Right?

Anyway, what was meant by "establishing" a religion, anyway?

And why are we even talking about this here?

Do you find GOD trustworthy or not?

If so, then give a few examples, why don't you...

To which god do you refer? I addressed the linking of the 1956, “in god we trust” motto that you addressed for historic background.

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I believe in God, but don't see why you would consider him un trustworthy. Has he promised anything he hasn't delivered? I question why so much evil happens in the world and why he doesn't step in, but he has given us free will, and with that free will comes evil. I think he is just sitting back and watching us destroy ourselves, and Jesus will come back when God thinks it's enough. Yes, he  could give heart attacks to the Hitlers, Putins, Mao's, Pol Pots, Stalins, Kim Jong Un's, and other narcissists that are killing for power, take away mosquitoes that kill more than anything else, and all the rest of the diseases and poisonous things we have to deal with, but again, I think we are only here for a short time to learn things, to go on into another forever life that doesn't have all the shiit this one does. He made us, so he has the right to make his rules, and they do make sense. Not following them has brought destruction on all of us.

What is here to believe?

In your 'belief' what is god / what does god look like / how does god show him/her self and when?

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If I did "check it out", as you seem to be suggesting, and, as usual, in your lowbrow idiomatic way, do you really believe there might be anything of redeeming value in the experience?

Also, must you continually pack all your utterances full of slang?

Have you never thought to put a bit of effort into your writing in order to feel more pride in the writing of your comments?

I can understand that today is a rainy one, which might cause some to feel more relaxed.

But do you also need to relax the quality of your writing on this Friday?

When you write, try to write while holding your shoulders back, figuratively speaking.

Write with clarity.

And use a few well-chosen words, too.

But please direct your well-chosen words not at me.

Thank you.

Brevity - the soul of wit.

I trust God not to consider my belief or otherwise as important.  I have no confidence in a narcissist God who needs me to believe in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

People using religion as an excuse to hurt others is hurting the world, along with narcissistic leaders and others that rape the earth for profit and hurt the innocent. God doesn't even have to be brought into this because it's people that are doing the damage.

And he lets them?

Not someone I'd trust.

On 9/29/2023 at 2:40 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

The Question Is:  If, and only if, you believe in God, do you believe God to be trustworthy?

Are you trying too hard to be controversial?

Think about it- God created the entire universe, and everything in it down to the most minute particles, then created the universal laws that dictate life.

Do you think God is a human like being to be labeled with human emotions?

When you can create a universe get back to us.

On 9/29/2023 at 2:40 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

If, and only if, you believe in God, do you believe God to be trustworthy?

Unfortunately this thread has become populated by posters that never learned to read.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately this thread has become populated by posters that never learned to read.

The truth is that there are so few "believers in God" out there, and that's why this thread is going nowhere. The mockers have taken over, and that's what they do. They scorn the name of Jesus, and they just can't help themselves. 

19 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

The truth is that there are so few "believers in God" out there, and that's why this thread is going nowhere. The mockers have taken over, and that's what they do. They scorn the name of Jesus, and they just can't help themselves. 

There is a thread with over 500 pages that deals with the question the OP asked, so one wonders why he started this one.

However, the few of us that posted seriously have departed from that scene and left it to the scoffers, so it's not currently posted on.

On 9/29/2023 at 2:56 AM, fredwiggy said:

The OP did say if you don't believe in God, you don't need to comment. And like I said before, you will find out when you die, and then it just might be too late.

And what happens when you find out it's Allah or Krishna or Zeus?

It will be too late.

Religious fanatics get all silly when they imply their morality is superior. The 'faithful' think they can be evil their entire life, then repent at the last second, and because they've bought into a superstition, they get a reward denied to others who might have had a far superior morality and rarely if ever 'sinned' while living generous and noble lives----all because they questioned a woman's lie and a plagiarized deity tale (Joey, I swear god knocked me up; I'm a VIRGIN).

Pascal's Wager---which you are trying to use to put the fantastical fear of eternal damnation into others---was really a horse race with a very crowded field. You chose your winner, forsaking all the others. Others forsake all of them. Your odds are not really any better; you just believe they are. The joke's on you.

As for what the OP asked, this is a free Forum. The OP is welcome to tell me to go to Hell, as you have implied I will go.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1

Yes, God created us, He is definitely trustworthy! This world would be a much better place if Adam & Eve had resisted temptation and not sinned. God wouldn't have removed His blessing! With evil entering the world God basically said look what you've done, now your on your own, you betrayed My trust! That's why we are open and vulnerable as non-believers. But you can reverse this by changing from sin and asking Jesus to save you - Romans 10: 9-10. God Bless!

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Or, at least, populated by readers who never studied FORMAL LOGIC in a serious way at university Two semesters of Formal Logic at McGill University, in my case. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you trying too hard to be controversial?

Think about it- God created the entire universe, and everything in it down to the most minute particles, then created the universal laws that dictate life.

Do you think God is a human like being to be labeled with human emotions?

When you can create a universe get back to us.

I think his question was more about how we treat God, or rely on him - or otherwise, rather than any questioning of the abilities or opinions of God.

By definition God is all powerful, all knowing and ever present.  Trustworthiness is a biproduct of this power.

I pray daily for God's blessings on my body and soul.  The results reinforce the power.  The false idols fall like dominos of insignificance.

A funny aspect to this question is both the believers and nonbelievers get to be right.  The believer reap the benefits and the nonbelievers don't.

It is profound watching the ramblings of those under the influence of false idols stuck in the mud fighting to retain their ignorance of this omnipotent power. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I think his question was more about how we treat God, or rely on him - or otherwise, rather than any questioning of the abilities or opinions of God.

God isn't a human so isn't a "him", and God can do anything, including exterminating a pesky species that behaves badly. The next big asteroid might not miss.