Thaksin Shinawatra's Medical Care Sparks Concerns

webfact

42 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,...Looks like Thailand needs another coup !?!?

Much as I didn’t agree with the last five I think this time it really does!!!! Maybe it will MOVE the country FORWARD!!!!!

Edited by bizboi
Want to add a point

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

It makes you wonder why they even bother with the subterfuge ? Why not just grant him a full pardon and then appoint him as PM again ? Then he wouldn't have to dance around to get all his accounts and money unfrozen and could have his revenge on the people that tried to put him in prison in the first place.

That's literally how it looks like this is playing out anyways.

I think a certain frog knew he time at the helm had passed, and he went for a loaded bank account instead

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

........ensuring compliance with international agreements that proscribe torture and ensure the safety of those detained.......

Good. Please release a press statement revealing the result of the torture. Was the gold or platinum cattleprod used?

3 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

If he wants to turnover a new leaf, then e should come clean and serve his time.

Yeah.  Do a year in GenPop and when he gets out he may have earned some respect from average Thais.
But?
That ain't going to ever happen and virtually everyone in Thailand, Thai and foreigners, know that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

OMG

LMAO

does he think people are stupid ?

a few pills for hypertension 

put him back in jail

Do you personally know what medical conditions Thaksin has?

Are you a MD who is fully qualified?

Have you seen all of Thaksin's medical files?

Have you done a full medical examination of Thaksin?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Do you personally know what medical conditions Thaksin has?

Are you a MD who is fully qualified?

Have you seen all of Thaksin's medical files?

Have you done a full medical examination of Thaksin?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

it was reported that he went to hospital with high blood pressure, I would think he has a a very good health plan and was well aware of any issues before entering Thailand 

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

I stick my neck out here to say that this minister not impartial and really think that all other 50K prisoners needing medical care get the same treatments Thaksin get i.e personal care and attention, private rooms and prolong stay at the hospital...

".........not impartial and really think that all other 50K prisoners needing medical care get the same treatments Thaksin get......."

I get your drift, but I think the words "do not" should be inserted between "care" and "get"! Just sayin'!

4 hours ago, bizboi said:

Much as I didn’t agree with the last five I think this time it really does!!!! Maybe it will MOVE the country FORWARD!!!!!

It has never worked before, no reason to think it will now.

Just more spoiled children fighting other spoiled children. Nothing will change. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

refrain from questioning the authenticity

so we should definitely question the authenticity then. why would a mega millionaire quit freedom abroad and decide to languish and possibly die in a thai jail? or is he just more stupid than the red bull boss?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

so we should definitely question the authenticity then. why would a mega millionaire quit freedom abroad and decide to languish and possibly die in a thai jail? or is he just more stupid than the red bull boss?

I think we can safely say he was given assurances but whether they will materialize, we will have to see. I think they will. I don't think we will see him spend a single day behind bars. 

• Like 2