Defiant Trump turns up at $250m New York fraud trial to blast 'scam'

Social Media

17 hours ago, linksman00 said:

PBS really? What do you do for an encore, quote the BBC or NPR?  I hope you have a safe space to go to on November 6 2024, because the when the realization that Trump has been elected President hits someone like you, it's going to be really gutwrenching.  Here is a free tip, ease off on drinking the Kool Aid starting now, and then when the news hits you on Nov. 6 2024 it won't shatter your world!

Another visitor from the future. Can you share with us who's going to win the World Series in 2024?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Judge Threatens Trump With Jail

"On October 3d, in one of his more manifestly stupid acts, Trump doxxed on his Truth Social site a clerk in the NY court where he is on trial for civil fraud and falsely claimed that she was Chuck Schumer's girlfriend. The post was also used in millions of fund raising emails sent to Trump followers. The furious judge quickly ordered the post deleted and imposed a gag order against Trump commenting on members of the court staff."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/10/20/2200559/-Judge-Threatens-Trump-With-Jail?utm_campaign=recent

I would have substituted "vicious" for stupid or maybe have written "vicious and stupid, but the point is clear enough.

It is notable that the published order includes a fine of $5,000.

And Trump earlier this year was fined $110,000 for not responding to subpoenas.

Now $2,615,000 and counting.......

I can see additional orders coming with next Tuesday's appearance of star witness for the people and Trump's arch enemy Michel Cohen.

Especially after Trump's exhibition in court last week when witnesses took the stand, I would expect some witness tampering or contempt charges to follow Cohen's court appearance.

Judge Engorans Order

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I was tasked by Mr. Trump to increase the total assets based upon a number that he arbitrarily elected and my responsibility along with Allen Weisselberg predominantly was to reverse engineer the various different assets classes, increase those assets in order to achieve the number that Mr. Trump had tasked us.”

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-civil-fraud-trial-10-24-23/index.html

• Like 1

Reading in this morning's news , a fourth defendant in the Georgia case pleaded guilty to a felony charge. and will be cooperating . You can bet your last dollar that all those who plead guilty and took a plead deal, did so because the evidence is so great that they knew they had no chance of an acquittal. 

Non O f these lawyers will ever practice law and they are all actively submitting job applications with McDonalds 

"

ATLANTA (AP) — Attorney and prominent conservative media figure Jenna Ellis pleaded guilty Tuesday to a felony charge over efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia, tearfully telling the judge she looks back on that time with “deep remorse.”

Ellis, the fourth defendant in the case to enter into a plea deal with prosecutors, was a vocal part of Trump’s reelection campaign in the last presidential cycle and was charged alongside the Republican former president and 17 others with violating the state’s anti-racketeering law."

https://apnews.com/article/jenna-ellis-plea-deal-georgia-election-case-c4dbacd3e4bbb5415ebd3d42d8fa3128

• Thumbs Up 1