Police Order Security Upgrade, Strengthen Surveillance of Foreigners Entering Thailand

webfact

Great. Show us that you are still a military dictatorship. We need more of you to feel safe. Lawless and corrupt country thinks it can make people feel safe by displaying their lawless and corrupt police even more. The problem is deeper rooted. Reform justice system and reform the entire lawenforcement system. Reliably working clean police that you can trust is what tourists need to feel safe. But we know, that will never ever happen in Thailand. Only window dressing. Big show for the news media. ...

Edited by pp00
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

You are the only one here that is confused about his name

Surachate was born in 1970 in Songkhla. His father, also a policeman, based his son’s nickname on his favorite playing card: the joker. Surachate quickly rose through the ranks to command a local police station and later move to Bangkok to head the 191 task force.

i should have mentioned i meant the pronunciation 

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

hear some locals saying his name and it sounded very much like "yoke"  555

Yes, Thais often eat Jok ( Thai congee) for breakfast and that’s where his nickname comes from as he’s known for eating his porridge every day ! I do too. 

9 hours ago, impulse said:

I know it's wishful thinking, but at the very least, I hope they have facial recognition technology that can match faces from the horrendous Hamas photos and videos, and catch any of them trying to enter Thailand.

I'm forecasting a massive grass roots interweb effort to go through those photos and vids to publish those faces.  One of the things the interweb was just made for...

These Hamas 'faces ' won't be alive much longer, let alone come to Thailand. Israel is not going to rest until they have wiped out Hamas completely. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Tosakit is a rather pathetic attempt to translate the name of police chiefTorsak Sukvimol.  I don't know how they got that from ต่อศักดิ์ which has a silent mark over the "di" at the end which would be Torsakdi, if it didn't.  Some Thais just write down the first thing that comes into their heads when they transliterate names of other Thais without regard for how the name is pronounced or how the owner spells it in English themselves.

Look on the bright side; it could have been Turdsak.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Calling that guy a 'big joke' is bad for the country. they need to change that asap.

Does it not refer in Thai to congee soup, a thin version of which is breakfast in Thai jails?

Any good Thai speakers around?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, bob smith said:

so now we know which side Thailand is firmly on.

The side of humanity. Hamas has again reminded the world that they're monsters, butchering women, children, and elderly, and taking hostage innocent people including foreign nationals and including Thais who have nothing to do with the conflict.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

The side of humanity. Hamas has again reminded the world that they're monsters, butchering women, children, and elderly, and taking hostage innocent people including foreign nationals and including Thais who have nothing to do with the conflict.

Free Palestine 

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Calling that guy a 'big joke' is bad for the country. they need to change that asap.

Actually ,his nick name is Big Jog,which is the best why I can spell it,which is Thai for rice porridge which apparently he liked as a kid,hence the nick name .

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2023 at 7:27 AM, bob smith said:

so now we know which side Thailand is firmly on.

cheers for that :thumbsup:

Lieutenant General Surachate has directed law enforcement agencies to closely monitor the movements and activities of people from Lebanon, Iran, and Palestine

What about the tuk tuk drivers in Phuket?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 8:20 AM, bob smith said:

Free Palestine 

Not to worry, the Israeli army is "freeing" as many of them as it can as fast as possible. Now, if the US would start rounding them up and shipping them back, as well as the UK, Europe, etc. and the politicians would start pulling the collective heads out of their collective asses and realize there is no "cum bi ya" solution to terrorism... Yeah, I know. It's all a pipe dream.