Ex-Thai PM Thaksin Undergoes Medical Scans, Health Condition Confirmed Stable

webfact

1 hour ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

You dun see people rising up coz many want Thaksin back 

I doubt its anything to do with that.  This charade started long before the return of Thaksin was ever mentioned.  Move Forward not being allowed to take governance was when the Thai people first realised the implications of the new constitution.  In a great many countries, what happened immediately after the election would have triggered mass protests.

I also think that Thaksin/Pheu Thai's popularity will have taken quite a beating - after Thaksin's obvious deal with the generals many Thai's now believe Pheu Thai and in particular, Thaksin himself are hand in glove with the generals.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, Morch said:

At least there's something we can agree on.

Here's a question, and the one that matters most. During his premiership, what percentage of Thai's were happy with him? Or should I ask what percentage of Thai's voted for him?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, watchcat said:

Meaning, he's not sick...  Send him back to the clink where he belongs.

Can work/pull strings from a hospital bed.

2 days after the docs brought me out of a coma I was attending work meetings online... damn boring in ICU !!

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

Here's a question, and the one that matters most. During his premiership, what percentage of Thai's were happy with him? Or should I ask what percentage of Thai's voted for him?

how many russians are happy with putin? how many germans were happy with hitler? and so on ...

what are you trying to say? if people fall for a politician, does that mean they don't need to follow the law?

or if a politician does something good for the own people, does that mean they don't need to follow the law?

are you?

by the way, politicians are voted in and well-paid to make decisions that benefit the people ... and not themself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

how many russians are happy with putin? how many germans were happy with hitler? and so on ...

what are you trying to say? if people fall for a politician, does that mean they don't need to follow the law?

or if a politician does something good for the own people, does that mean they don't need to follow the law?

are you?

by the way, politicians are voted in and well-paid to make decisions that benefit the people ... and not themself!

I am just trying to say that with all these farangs running down Thaksin, it is what the Thai people want that should matter most.

Personally I think that no one should ever be a PM without being voted in by any countries electorate.

• Confused 1

Just now, NoshowJones said:

I am just trying to say that with all these farangs running down Thaksin, it is what the Thai people want that should matter most.

Personally I think that no one should ever be a PM without being voted in by any countries electorate.

fair enough!

i know thais who do not like the unequal treatment (for rich people) and thais who hate thaksin and his corrupt clan ...

• Thumbs Up 2

For sure they are living up to their claim Medical Hub! 

If Department of correction continue to let out these story stupid MF might start a outbreak of crime to get into their hospital if their providing this type of medical care to so call inmates. 

One thing for sure he at his age don't have to worry about his hair turning white ????

25 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i would go as far as to say: thank thaksin and his corrupt clan, thailand wasted 9 years. thanks to thaksin, thailand will remain a corrupt country for many years to come. thanks to thaksin, every thai knows that if you have money and influence, you will be treated differently. thanks to thaksin, the poor remain poor, the rich become even wealthier (also through corruption).

during thaksin's time as pm, he and his government had all the power to bring about real change for the benefit of the thai people. unfortunately, he became so greedy (and a narcist) and believed he was above the law, thinking he could do whatever he pleased.

I cannot comment on that as I was only here in Thailand during Thaksins last year, and as I said on an earlier post all the farangs who I met, most here a lot longer than me at the time, were all happy and content with life here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

And Thaksin made many decisions that benefited Thai's.

will he be remembered by the young people for doing a few good things,

or will he be remembered as a corrupt criminal who had money and connections

to get away with anything, and as someone who knew how to manipulate the people and the system? (of course he is not the only one, there are many more little thaksin's, eg kh prayut etc)

it is a shame ...

Edited by motdaeng
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, motdaeng said:

will he be remembered by the young people for doing a few good things,

or will he be remembered as a corrupt criminal who had money and connections

to get away with anything, and as someone who knew how to manipulate the people and the system?

it is a shame ...

Thailand remember him for doing good things.

Bangkok elite will remember him for corruption.

Butthurt falangs,  they just jump on what ever bandwagon that gets them hard.

it is a shame ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:23 AM, stoner said:

worked like a charm didn't it. 

has there been any info on what these health issues actually were ? or just the usual excuse game. 

Indeed! In the meantime, a civil servant who used an official for his personal use for two years gets a 50 year sentence!!! Mind-boggling but, again, TIT “justice”.

On 10/14/2023 at 1:06 PM, findlay13 said:

The charade continues

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

All of which would be quite moot at this stage in the circus. Probably had a healthy and balanced percentage of admirers and detractors in his day. 

He's not looking to be directly involved in political candidacy any longer - yet, surely would be advising or even pulling strings here and there. 

Wouldn't it be best for all circles to allow this seemingly Thaksin obsession to be and get on with our lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Perhaps the ex prime minister imprisoned has contracted tuberculosis or HIV like so many prisoners do in Thai jail's.

One can well understand the concerns of the jail administrators.

Please explain how that would have come about, seeing as how he hasn't been in jail? 

Was talking to a friend on Friday he had a Thai GF who is basically on her deathbed and she is only in her 30s he was helping to fund her medication , however since she has been getting treatment it was discovered that she was wanted for murder going back 12 years ago I think she has been given no more than 6 months to live but that hasn’t stopped her being banged up in prison where they are now paying for all her medication so it appears that she will at some stage die in her new found home my friend said he is allowed two visits a week for 10 minutes then the phones goes dead at least he no longer has to pay for her medication ! 

• Sad 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:23 AM, stoner said:

worked like a charm didn't it. 

has there been any info on what these health issues actually were ? or just the usual excuse game. 

Yes nothing more than usual. These providers of justice need not worry about trying to bamboozle the general public.

After all they are all General's, why bother.

Clown show.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, NanLaew said:

What? How about that gogo dancer you married?

Come on now, we all know she was different.

Let the angry man be angry - it is after all what he does best!

He might even go off bang before Thaksin goes on a diet of old rice and fish heads!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, wombat said:
On 10/14/2023 at 5:08 AM, webfact said:

the Corrections Department is considering the possibility of granting him parole should his treatment surpass the 60-day mark

and there you have it

And there you do not have it.   That was not reported in the link provided in the same sentence.