Queers for Palestine is apparently a thing

Jingthing

Israeli commercial beers "Goldstar" and "Maccabee" (with bottle labels in English for export), produced by Tempo Beer Industries Ltd. Beer in Israel is manufactured primarily by two major breweries – Tempo Beer Industries and Israel Beer Breweries

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Lol, usual leftie response.  Attack and insult the poster.

The vast majority of those civilians in Gaza are not innocent people.  They support Hamas, they are the reason why Hamas is in power.  They allow Hamas to place their rockets amongst civilian buildings such as schools and hospitals.  If you swim with the sharks, don't be surprised if you get bitten!

Why don't these lefties fly there and solve everything?

Oh wait planes create co2.

It must do their heads in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dan O said:

first off not a leftie, but classic reply when you have no facts. I'm not attacking and insulting the poster just replying to unprovable statements made by a biased poster that has done no research and only throws out unfounded lip service. Palestinians didnt have a choice who to vote for in the last election over a decade ago and there hasn't been any elections since so they have little to no options. That does not equate to supporting hamas. Like I said use your brain and do some research instead of just posting some drivel that shows you have little to no comprehension of what's actually going on there.  The Palestinian population has no control over what Hamas does, or where they station their terrorist army or supplies. do some research before you reply as your lack of knowledge is on display. 

The Palestinians do not seem to have many issues 'resisting' Israel, and even risking their lives in the process.

Apparently, less so when it comes to addressing domestic grievances and issues.

It's not so much about having 'no control', but rather to do with not actively asserting such.

While Hamas does not enjoy the support of the majority, it does retain a significant, sizeable support base.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dan O said:

first off not a leftie, but classic reply when you have no facts. I'm not attacking and insulting the poster just replying to unprovable statements made by a biased poster that has done no research and only throws out unfounded lip service. Palestinians didnt have a choice who to vote for in the last election over a decade ago and there hasn't been any elections since so they have little to no options. That does not equate to supporting hamas. Like I said use your brain and do some research instead of just posting some drivel that shows you have little to no comprehension of what's actually going on there.  The Palestinian population has no control over what Hamas does, or where they station their terrorist army or supplies. do some research before you reply as your lack of knowledge is on display. 

So they are cowards who don't stand up to terrorists? Is that your claim?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not hard to prove you wrong.

recent (July 2023) survey implies Hamas were not popular vs the Palestinian Authority

TLDR;

70% support the PA over Hamas

62% support maintaining a ceasefire (i.e. would disagree with Hamas' current course of action)

58% have at least a somewhat positive view of Hamas independent of their opinion of the PA

https://politics.stackexchange.com/questions/81918/does-hamas-have-popular-support-at-home

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

The Palestinians do not seem to have many issues 'resisting' Israel, and even risking their lives in the process.

Apparently, less so when it comes to addressing domestic grievances and issues.

It's not so much about having 'no control', but rather to do with not actively asserting such.

While Hamas does not enjoy the support of the majority, it does retain a significant, sizeable support base.

when you control the ability to wage terrorist attacks on your own people like hamas does and they have no ability to fight back then its kind of a fore gone conclusion

14 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No never said that. they are an oppressed people that have next to no support or ability\capability to do anything. get with the facts and stop trying to deflect away from your ignorance on the topic.

58% like them. You are wrong. Man up and admit it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dan O said:

when you control the ability to wage terrorist attacks on your own people like hamas does and they have no ability to fight back then its kind of a fore gone conclusion

Palestinians not affiliated with Hamas, or other organizations, carry attacks against Israelis.

How is it that Palestinians can 'fight back' against Israel, but not against Hamas?

If you wish to claim Hamas is so powerful that no resistance is possible, would that imply that the Israeli occupation is not as bad?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Dan O said:

you really dont have reading comprehension skills do you. I never said the population supports Hamas I said the opposite. try to keep up

Then you are wrong. 58% like Hamas. So you are not only wrong you can't even research it before posting nonsense.

Man up and apologise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Palestinians not affiliated with Hamas, or other organizations, carry attacks against Israelis.

How is it that Palestinians can 'fight back' against Israel, but not against Hamas?

If you wish to claim Hamas is so powerful that no resistance is possible, would that imply that the Israeli occupation is not as bad?

Correct. Whole bunch of nutters. Dan doesn't know. He doesn't know about Google. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I'll give my subjective impression.  It's obviously impossible to precisely quantify this sort of thing. Definitions of left and far left are not precise things. You can only generalize.

So here goes. It is my subjective impression that siding with Palestinians over Israel has evolved into a sort of acid test for western progressives, far leftists or whatever label you prefer. This includes buying into the full package of Israel demonization such as

Colonialism

Apartheid state

Terrorist state

Occupation state

Jews viewed as all white oppressors over persecuted people of color

Israel should have never existed

Israel should commit suicide now as they're not legitimate 

Exaggeration of Israel's territorial ambitions

Blindness about all the good aspects of Israel that compare favorably to every other country in the region / Muslim country, etc. In the context of this topic, freedom for LGBTQ people not to be murdered.

Which has come to mean progressive Jews who have more moderate views such as opposed to west bank settlements and Netanyahu but in support of the continued existence of Israel as a state with a Jewlish majority with a right to defend itself are not accepted, are rejected, are even subject to antisemitic hate crimes from the left. 

This is a shame on many levels especially considering the vital importance of Jewish people in historic progressive movements.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

you too love to try to twist what is said into something different.  you just another troll keyboard warrior

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2