Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

24 minutes ago, george said:

Hope you like this guys:

We are adding a new green +1  reaction button shortly. See screenshot.

Could contain:

+1

though the +1 is to identify publicly identify in agreement.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

As much and a little as 'they' (plural usage) annoying vs entertaining, just like the TV/radio, ignore/change the channel.

I'll post occasionally starting of with 'to the title' ... which usually means just that, as poster is probably on my ignore list. Or I peeked, rolled my eyes to the OP, but title might warrant a reply.

What is annoying, is the repetitive ignorance/trolling of good info threads; solar & EV threads being prime example.   Repetitive stupid comments = trolling, going way being ignorance, and they really should be told to stop it or put on vacation.

Though most are ignored of late, and they seem to get bored if nobody replies to them.  So slowly self correcting.

The forum is a quick read now, with ignore list, and knowing the OP posting, and I seem to be able to go through 8 hrs of posting in 5 minutes, by simply opening the ones that interest me in another tab, and come back to them to reply after ignoring the other 8 hrs of postings 🤣

The problem Khun LA is that on some topics, such as EVs, your truth is another man's lies and vice versa.  Each side takes an entrenched position and is unwilling to recognise that there is some truth in each position.

Basically forum members here are reluctant to enter a reasonable discussion and are reluctant to understand or recognise that there are valid view points other than their own.

This is by no means confined to the subject of EVs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, george said:

Please PM me with their names and I will review and re-invite them during the weekend. I have already reinstated a handful banned members. Thanks in advance! 🙏🏼

This sounds like the Musk X strategy, then all the advertisers left.........lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Goat said:

Fair enough George. 

I dont even know where the ignore button is??

Cant say anything anyone says actually "gets" to me. The constant Thai bashing perhaps.

Anyway I would like to thank you for improving things here.

Credit where credit due.

Someone in here fancy helping Goat to find the "ignore button"? 🙏🏼

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, george said:

Please PM me with their names and I will review and re-invite them during the weekend. I have already reinstated a handful banned members. Thanks in advance! 🙏🏼

That may not work, you may have to let word of mouth do the job. Previously banned members often use a new email address just to gain membership and then forget the password, er, at least that's what somebody told me, down the pub, you know how people talk.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

If "you" change moderation policy I think it would be good to publish information about that so that we are aware of the changes.

I was suspended a couple of times for little things which I would never have imagined could be a problem.

Now I don't post certain things anymore because I don't want to be suspended again - and only for that reason.

It's sad when members have to learn to self-censor even harmless jokes to avoid aggressive moderators. 

I was suspended a couple of times for little things which I would never have imagined could be a problem.

Now I don't post certain things anymore because I don't want to be suspended again - and only for that reason.

Yes. Same happened to me too.

2 hours ago, Countryman said:

Aseannow has turned into the Bignok ,BS , GeorggiaGeorgia , show ,with stupid

posts everyday , but they do create more clicks for management so they are tolerated,

but I feel Aseannow has turned into a TikToc forum ,

Someone here mentioned 'plants' on here a while back. Or was it about the time the newer arrivals came along.