Smoke clears on Thailand’s Cannabis Bill

webfact

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

It doesn't matter what type of drug one takes being  that it is a Legal or Illegal one Take it in moderation then there's nothing wrong with it.

Don't get High or drunk ,that's what the problem is thats were the problem starts.

As soon as you sip alcohol you are getting drunk...as soon as you inhale weed you are 90% there my firiend.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No.

It says no selling of buds. Period.

It says no selling of anything but very low THC. Period.

Medical with scrip makes no difference. 

This is also what it sounded like to me. In other words a reversion to the status quo before legalization but without recriminalization.  In this case the shops would have to close as they would have no products to sell.  Herbal clinics would continue to prescribe oils in extremely low concentrations at high prices and with high prescription costs.  The buds market would go underground but would be quite large, if possession is still illegal.  

Even in the UK you can get buds from private clinics.  It seems medical will not thrive without them.  

Although Anutin and BJP try to distance themselves from recreational use, the party owner's daughter has a big plantation in Buriram and she told the BBC that recreational use was where the real money is and was the real intent of BJP's legalization. So I imagine Anutin is putting pressure on PT not to recriminalize and to allow the buds trade to continue in some shape or form.  But right now he is happy drawing up lists of gangsters and writing new history textbooks to make Thai kids into loyal citizens instead of freethinking pot smokers.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

This is also what it sounded like to me. In other words a reversion to the status quo before legalization but without recriminalization.  In this case the shops would have to close as they would have no products to sell.  Herbal clinics would continue to prescribe oils in extremely low concentrations at high prices and with high prescription costs.  The buds market would go underground but would be quite large, if possession is still illegal.  

Even in the UK you can get buds from private clinics.  It seems medical will not thrive without them.  

Although Anutin and BJP try to distance themselves from recreational use, the party owner's daughter has a big plantation in Buriram and she told the BBC that recreational use was where the real money is and was the real intent of BJP's legalization. So I imagine Anutin is putting pressure on PT not to recriminalize and to allow the buds trade to continue in some shape or form.  But right now he is happy drawing up lists of gangsters and writing new history textbooks to make Thai kids into loyal citizens instead of freethinking pot smokers.

If they're pushing it underground, they can't get any TAX out of it. Sounds totally insane to me. I agree if they don't reclassify cannabis as a narcotic that the underground recreational market will be huge.

Another thing I hate about it being pushed underground is losing the opportunity to set some kind of health and truth in advertising standards. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

It's lucky you have a choice not to use it. I have noticed very little cannabis fumes on the streets I walk on in Thailand. 

Since weed became legal I have seen/smelled a grand total of ONE person on the street smoking weed....

Weed really is not all that popular legal or not.....Most weed shops I see are mostly empty most of the time....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

If they're pushing it underground, they can't get any TAX out of it. Sounds totally insane to me. I agree if they don't reclassify cannabis as a narcotic that the underground recreational market will be huge.

Another thing I hate about it being pushed underground is losing the opportunity to set some kind of health and truth in advertising standards. 

The police obviously complained that they couldn't shake down pot users so they needed to make it a bribable offence. Consider the alternative. When Thaksin was PM in the 90s I think, it was ok to shoot suspected dealers with no repercussions. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, gargamon said:

The police obviously complained that they couldn't shake down pot users so they needed to make it a bribable offence. Consider the alternative. When Thaksin was PM in the 90s I think, it was ok to shoot suspected dealers with no repercussions. 

Yeah I thought of that too.

Push it underground and then the police can have a field day.

Then people will need to decide if it's worth that risk. 

I find all this disgusting and stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/23/2023 at 11:46 AM, Jingthing said:

But alcohol is OK then. For medical use only of course.

By that logic how would you rate cocaine, heroin, ketamine, GHB, Methamphetamine? ... oh just the same as alcohol? Grade school logic

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

That sounds much like your personal relationship with it. 
But it seems that many others have experienced positive benefits from it. Perhaps they had legitimate medical justification where you did not. 

Exactly.

From my POV cannabis is a health enhancing herb. CBD and THC. Like any other substance it can be abused of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Smoke clears"? Hardly. Feel like I'm in the back seat of Cheech's '64 Impala, with the windows rolled up.

Has anyone seen the draft legislation? 

I wrote this comment ~ 10 days  ago...  https://aseannow.com/topic/1312185-has-the-threat-of-weed-re-criminalization-effected-your-frequency-of-use/?do=findComment&comment=18503919

I think we're all guessing what might happen. 

Grey Area: Smoking Cannabis at Home

The legality of smoking cannabis at home remains uncertain and is subject to public feedback. Minister Cholnan acknowledged the need for further clarification on this matter.

The Public Health Ministry plans to provide a window for public feedback on the draft law to ensure a comprehensive approach. The public will have until mid-December to share their opinions, and the minister will analyze this feedback before submitting the finalized law to the Cabinet at the start of 2024.

The act will then need to be published in the Royal Gazette and most likely will come into force after the current tourist season, in March or April 2024.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=776592a5-4c1e-4bdd-83c1-acd7e9d65aa7#:~:text=The law aims to identify,inside shops will be prohibited.

4 hours ago, JayClay said:

"I wasn't able to use it responsibility, so nobody else should be able to use it at all..."

How exactly did you determine this person didn't use pot "responsibly". Describe to everyone your "wisdom" regarding how to use pot "responsibly" .. exactly where do you draw the line? .. JayClay? you a doctor?

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, NextG said:

Are any of those things you mention, a product of nature? They are all processed. 

Not even one. Perhaps you should review your own “grade school logic”..

Product of nature LOL! Here we go again.. it's a product of nature? Is alcohol a product of nature? Cocaine isn't a product of nature? I think the THC has messed with rational thinking and ability to apply logic in this case LOL.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

You own writing:

I find it a mind numbing pointless and blunt drug. It clearly alters consciousness to the long term detriment of the user and has no long term benefits for those who have no legitimate medical justification for it's use. I used it for several years and my "high" digressed into paranoia. Just a trash blunt object drug. Might as well hit your head with a hammer”

This is not an answer to my question. Clear indication you will not concede your logic and comments are  flawed.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

No, cocaine is not a product of nature. Nature has coca leaves. That’s the natural way to use that medicine. 
Alcohol again, naturally fermented and utilised in moderation can also bring benefits. 
Your writing and behaviour here is drawing attention to your own state of mind. 
In other words, utilising medicine as nature intended, can be useful. Abusing it or utilising it with ignorance, can have a negative effect. 
It looks as if you are the problem. 

Again, this is your opinion. Alcohol does not naturally occur in nature any more or less than cocaine.. Humans intervened. Humans intervened in eating or smoking the leaves of plants. This is pot head logic. How exactly do you know that "nature intended" pot leafs and flowers to be smoked and coca leafs to be chewed.. complete BS

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Again, this is your opinion. Alcohol does not naturally occur in nature any more or less than cocaine.. Humans intervened. Humans intervened in eating or smoking the leaves of plants. This is pot head logic.

Alcohol does most certainly exist in nature. Rotten fruit ferments. Animals eat it and get drunk. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Alcohol does most certainly exist in nature. Rotten fruit ferments. Animals eat it and get drunk. 

Didn't answer my question.

Most of you guys that are proponents of pot like to say that pot is a "natural" occurring medicine. And that "nature intended" it to be used by humans.

Again the question is. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT "NATURE INTENDED" POT TO BE USED AS A DRUG ANY MORE THAN BOOZE or COCAINE OR HEROIN ETC ... my point is there is NO WAY YOU CAN SUBSTANTIATE THIS CLAIM.

Anybody with more than a grade school education who understands English and has a moderate ability to reason will understand that no person can substantiate this claim that "Nature Intended" Pot to be used as medicine or for recreational use.

Crushed pear, peach or cheery pits are naturally occurring in nature.. Anyone want to try eating that?

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are just showing yourself up as an ignoramus. 

Coca leaf is used, for example, to prevent altitude sickness. Those visiting Machu Picchu can testify to that. 
As aforementioned, fermented fruit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_monkey_hypothesis

Not to anyone who actually has a moderate understanding of how to reason or understands the scientific method.

Tobacco leaves are naturally occurring in nature too. What do you think about nicotine use? Cherry, pear and peach pits naturally occur? What about that? I'm done .. what a waste of time..

The fact remains that long term effects of most of these drugs you describing are detrimental to human beings.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Confused 2