Foreign “managers” on soi 6

Everyman

Posts contravening our Community Standards and replies to them have been removed.

Gentlemen, please stop defaming individuals and companies in Pattaya. Forum Rule 7 states:

7. You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.

I hope this explanation is clear enough.

It's blokes who bought a cheap bar and are hanging around because things fall apart quicker if they don't.

Usually a bar does not run itself, they need to hang around watching so the till does not get raided and other myriad problems. You can hire someone else to watch things and get things done, or put up a bunch of cameras, but it typically means you just need to watch one less person. There's usually no such thing as just sitting back and letting the money roll in.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It's blokes who bought a cheap bar and are hanging around because things fall apart quicker if they don't.

Usually a bar does not run itself, they need to hang around watching so the till does not get raided and other myriad problems. You can hire someone else to watch things and get things done, or put up a bunch of cameras, but it typically means you just need to watch one less person. There's usually no such thing as just sitting back and letting the money roll in.

That isn't what this thread is about at all. It is about bar owners; with more than one bar; hiring managers. Such places can be found on Sois 6 and 7 amongst others.

2 hours ago, champers said:

That isn't what this thread is about at all. It is about bar owners; with more than one bar; hiring managers. Such places can be found on Sois 6 and 7 amongst others.

Sorry, You're correct. I can't delete the comment off as it locks in after about 15 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, Everyman said:

What is with these guys? Are they just losers who hang around the bar? Are they paid? Why are they needed? 

They're "buy me drinkee" men who rely on unsuspecting tourists to ring the bell and pad their commission checks. Ever since NWG has functionally taken over Soi 6 it's turned it into a complete nightmare of hustling, inflated prices, and complete BS. Is what it is, move on to other sois since the pile of bar manager losers which has taken hold isn't going anywhere with an amole supply of willing victims.  

Edited by Aviatorhi

On 11/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, Everyman said:

there are a lot now. and there is a high turnover rate. despite assertions to the contrary, i think they are just losers who hang out there and give themselves job titles. i doubt they are paid. it’s not like anyone will buy them lady drinks, and if they did, the bar would think they are taking one away that a girl could get. 

You'd be shocked at how many tourists are even bigger losers who fly half way around the world to pour alcohol into a drunk "manager's" gullet. Soi 6 used to be a great place to hang out 10 or more years ago... Now? See above post. 

there are a lot now. and there is a high turnover rate. despite assertions to the contrary, i think they are just losers who hang out there and give themselves job titles. i doubt they are paid. it’s not like anyone will buy them lady drinks, and if they did, the bar would think they are taking one away that a girl could get. 

Are you trying to make a parody?

On 11/29/2023 at 1:50 PM, bbi1 said:

Do these foreign managers get free sex with the girls working there as part of their remuneration package?

Only if they are really stupid.

There are some bargirls who want to be the "girlfriend" of the manager, to accrue some additional benefits and dispensations.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:44 PM, thecyclist said:

A couple of years the Nightwish group had an ad out,can't remember where exactly, looking for managers. Requirements were conversational in English, being able to hold your liquor, and being sociable, as you had to converse with and  "entertain" Farangs that weren't there just for the sex.Speaking Thai and other farang languages was a plus. 

Managers who have been around for some time often have a book of business, and when they change bars, their customers go with them.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Managers who have been around for some time often have a book of business, and when they change bars, their customers go with them.

It's people that have developed some sort of emotional connection with the owner.

I get that a lot in Pattaya. People acting like a buddy when it's just a professional transaction and there's no trust built up yet. Examples are real estate agents, bar owners, restaurants, etc. There's so much competition that just providing a good service is not enough so they try to act like a buddy or friend to get repeat business, good reviews or referrals. You can tell they are doing when it feels overly friendly or familiar for no reason.

Edited by JimTripper

On 12/23/2023 at 5:51 AM, Aviatorhi said:

You'd be shocked at how many tourists are even bigger losers who fly half way around the world to pour alcohol into a drunk "manager's" gullet. Soi 6 used to be a great place to hang out 10 or more years ago... Now? See above post. 

20 years, not 10.

On 12/24/2023 at 12:36 PM, JimTripper said:

It's people that have developed some sort of emotional connection with the owner.

I get that a lot in Pattaya. People acting like a buddy when it's just a professional transaction and there's no trust built up yet. Examples are real estate agents, bar owners, restaurants, etc. There's so much competition that just providing a good service is not enough so they try to act like a buddy or friend to get repeat business, good reviews or referrals. You can tell they are doing when it feels overly friendly or familiar for no reason.

Nevertheless, there are bar managers hired because they bring in the customers.

In rare cases, there have been bar managers who get barfined by Thai ladies.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Nevertheless, there are bar managers hired because they bring in the customers.

In rare cases, there have been bar managers who get barfined by Thai ladies.

Or to keep  an eye on things. 

I have heard of a farang bar manager being barfined too.

But mostly, feedback I got from owners, was that attractive girls is the best pull... although one also told me the one katoey he employed was the best performer, as per getting taken off. 

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or to keep  an eye on things. 

I have heard of a farang bar manager being barfined too.

But mostly, feedback I got from owners, was that attractive girls is the best pull... although one also told me the one katoey he employed was the best performer, as per getting taken off. 

Bar managers getting barfined by ladies is very rare.

And yes, Plai gets barfined a lot. But not by ladies.

Edited by Danderman123

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not really.  A pimp takes a cut of his girl's money; a soi 6 manager's role ends once the girl is in the room with her customer.

Yes really, the pimp takes a wage from the bar fines. I know for a fact that some bars operate a bonus reward system depending on how many bar fines go into the pot. Don't try and gloss over the obvious.  Personally, I don't give a monkeys what goes on in Soi 6, or any other of those bars, but let's not pretend they are just good, hard working folk,  with an above board job as a 'manager'. 

They are getting paid if they are the manager. and drink for free. Who is the loser now?

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Yes really, the pimp takes a wage from the bar fines. I know for a fact that some bars operate a bonus reward system depending on how many bar fines go into the pot. Don't try and gloss over the obvious.  Personally, I don't give a monkeys what goes on in Soi 6, or any other of those bars, but let's not pretend they are just good, hard working folk,  with an above board job as a 'manager'. 

The barfine is just to release the girl from her bar duties.  She charges the client for the sex and none of that goes to the bar manager.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Personally, that's not how I live my life, or measure my life's successes, but each to his or her own. 

I don't live like that but someone who needs to buy the girls a drink to talk to him, calling people who are employed in the bar and can talk and drink for free losers, should look in the mirror more often.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1