How High Can Bitcoin Go This Cycle?

Neeranam

38 minutes ago, Seppius said:

BTC will be 200K by the end of April, easy. IMHO

But I only hold XRP mainly, starting to do nicely

Possible, but I predict 87k at the halvening. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The UK COPA/CSW "Satoshi Trial" verdict in a few days may likely cause a big movement
it seems the court case is why we have current movement
buy the rumour, sell the news
i think verdict is on 15th, they are giving closing statements currently
the case has been going on for a month already for those unaware

• Agree 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:56 AM, CashMoon said:

Never care about the price when investing in Bitcoin. This is the biggest mistake you make when investing. Bitcoin is actually the answer to the question of how to take precautions against the international banking crisis. 

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/emergency-fed-bank-effort-ends-lending-eyes-turn-discount-window-2024-03-11/ 

i expect utopian results from this utopian idea.  

On 3/13/2024 at 8:18 PM, Dolf said:

Surprised it is doing so well. Users so much energy to transfer and no real value in most nations. 

I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that Bitcoin is, god help me, for real. It's been out there for over 14 years and seems to have penetrated into the financial ecosystem. I've always thought of it as digital tulips, and I preferred gold and silver. But the latter never seem to really go anywhere, which is why I bought miners, which are even worse, as it turns out. It might be time to start looking for an entry point, just to have a little, just in case.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that Bitcoin is, god help me, for real. It's been out there for over 14 years and seems to have penetrated into the financial ecosystem. I've always thought of it as digital tulips, and I preferred gold and silver. But the latter never seem to really go anywhere, which is why I bought miners, which are even worse, as it turns out. It might be time to start looking for an entry point, just to have a little, just in case.

Time to sell when skeptics like it. I think at some point it will be replaced by a better crypto at the top. But who knows.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Time to sell when skeptics like it. I think at some point it will be replaced by a better crypto at the top. But who knows.

Yeah, I was thinking that. My capitulation might mean a Bitcoin top.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Welcome to the 'Lightbulb Moment' club. Mine went on in 2018 and I felt the exact same sentiments as you back then. I bought in at $12k then it went down to $4k and I bought more. Then it went back to $12k and then $20K and I bought more. Then hit $69K before dropping back all the way down to $16k and I bought more. Now it's back near the all time highs again.

Moral of the story

Maybe a bit late in the short term but not in the longer term. You are still early. 

• Like 1

Two days ago it had a flash crash to $8900 on bitmex. That would have wiped out any long stop losses in existence on that exchange. One should never buy BTC on an exchange instead of an ETF now. Who wants to invest in anything that volatile and prone to manipulation?

Go for junior gold and silver miner stocks.

34 minutes ago, Conno said:

Welcome to the 'Lightbulb Moment' club. Mine went on in 2018 and I felt the exact same sentiments as you back then. I bought in at $12k then it went down to $4k and I bought more. Then it went back to $12k and then $20K and I bought more. Then hit $69K before dropping back all the way down to $16k and I bought more. Now it's back near the all time highs again.

Moral of the story

Maybe a bit late in the short term but not in the longer term. You are still early. 

Yesterday's dovish Fed development really spooked me. Powell and company are going to let inflation rip. They're going to let QE rip. There will not be a safe way to protect yourself from inflation. Gold just won't do it. Call it FOMO or YOLO, whatever. At this point, got to take at least a little risk in the hope of keeping even. And the more I think about things, particularly with nothing backing bitcoin except other people owning bitcoin. Well, you can say that about almost any class of investment, dollars, gold, art. No difference. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Yesterday's dovish Fed development really spooked me. Powell and company are going to let inflation rip. They're going to let QE rip. There will not be a safe way to protect yourself from inflation. Gold just won't do it. Call it FOMO or YOLO, whatever. At this point, got to take at least a little risk in the hope of keeping even. And the more I think about things, particularly with nothing backing bitcoin except other people owning bitcoin. Well, you can say that about almost any class of investment, dollars, gold, art. No difference. 

The thing about BTC and gold (even silver) is that they are limited in supply and have a defined and very liquid value. Silver is a good investment right now as the demand for semiconductors means the supply is about half of the demand as well as being a source of currency in its own right. Art or antiques are not liquid and no defined value at any given point in time.

Silver and gold miners have been particularly beaten down on stock markets and ripe for a big bounce. A couple of weeks ago I put $100 into Bear Creek Mines at 0.16c and yesterday hit it with another $150 at 0.25c.

Edited by ozimoron

35 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You are 100% correct. Listen to just about anything from Michael Saylor and he makes the exact same points about the dangers of being gradually fleeced of any wealth you may have due to inflation. Considering you have left the no-coiners Bitcoin is a Ponzi scam club [or are about to at least] I'll add it always makes me laugh when the no-coiners get all high and mighty on the dangers of Bitcoin, while getting raped every single day holding their beloved Fiat paper trash. Yea there are risks being in a new asset class that's only about 15 years young but it is worth it in my opinion. I hold both gold and silver too which have always been my inflation hedge after witnessing the 2008 crisis. Until my Bitcoin lightbulb moment of course, now I feel we have a 3rd and better option. 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Two days ago it had a flash crash to $8900 on bitmex. That would have wiped out any long stop losses in existence on that exchange. One should never buy BTC on an exchange instead of an ETF now. Who wants to invest in anything that volatile and prone to manipulation?

Go for junior gold and silver miner stocks.

There is always another way to play exchange flash crash dangers, if you are into trading that is. Have a limit buy order in for $10,000 and $5000 BTC price. You could end up with a very nice and cheap top up lol. 

Edited by Conno

20 minutes ago, Conno said:

There is always another way to play exchange flash crash dangers, if you are into trading that is. Have a limit buy order in for $10,000 and $5000 BTC price. You could end up with a very nice and cheap top up lol. 

Haha, where do you set the limit? Most would not have chosen 10k. I regretted not pulling the trigger at 16K. I almost did but was expecting 9K. At that price, one may as well have no stop loss. 73K to 9K is pretty drastic.

34 minutes ago, Conno said:

You are 100% correct. Listen to just about anything from Michael Saylor and he makes the exact same points about the dangers of being gradually fleeced of any wealth you may have due to inflation. Considering you have left the no-coiners Bitcoin is a Ponzi scam club [or are about to at least] I'll add it always makes me laugh when the no-coiners get all high and mighty on the dangers of Bitcoin, while getting raped every single day holding their beloved Fiat paper trash. Yea there are risks being in a new asset class that's only about 15 years young but it is worth it in my opinion. I hold both gold and silver too which have always been my inflation hedge after witnessing the 2008 crisis. Until my Bitcoin lightbulb moment of course, now I feel we have a 3rd and better option. 

What flavour is the kool aid?

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Haha, where do you set the limit? Most would not have chosen 10k. I regretted not pulling the trigger at 16K. I almost did but was expecting 9K. At that price, one may as well have no stop loss. 73K to 9K is pretty drastic.

It would be a limit buy order set at $10,000 or $5000 BTC spot price, there would be no stop loss set?  It would only trigger and buy if a flash hit your limit buy price. The price would then reset back to the normal market price of $73k in your example and you would have acquired a very cheap bag of Satoshis at whatever $ value you had placed on the limit buy order. People have done this and walked away with nice little earners. 

Edited by Conno
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Conno said:

It would be a limit buy order set at $10,000 or $5000 BTC spot price, there would be no stop loss set?  It would only trigger and buy if a flash hit your limit buy price. The price would then reset back to the normal market price of $73k in your example and you would have acquired a very cheap bag of Satoshis at whatever $ value you had placed on the limit buy order. People have done this and walked away with nice little earners. 

I'd have given my eye teeth to have seen it, it lasted about 15 minutes or so I believe.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The thing about BTC and gold (even silver) is that they are limited in supply and have a defined and very liquid value. Silver is a good investment right now as the demand for semiconductors means the supply is about half of the demand as well as being a source of currency in its own right. Art or antiques are not liquid and no defined value at any given point in time.

Silver and gold miners have been particularly beaten down on stock markets and ripe for a big bounce. A couple of weeks ago I put $100 into Bear Creek Mines at 0.16c and yesterday hit it with another $150 at 0.25c.

I have had a terrible time with miners, especially Canadian miners who pay themselves huge salaries and then issue shares left and right for their own options. An example, I bought and held Yamana for several years, because I knew it had good properties and was reducing debt. Finally, the company turns around and starts to move. The stock I bought between 1.50 and 3.56 looked like it was ready to move, goes to over 5 and Poof! company does a rug pull, takes huge buyout sales gains for ownership and leaves the shareholders with stock and cash. I'll never get stuck with another Canadian miner again. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 2:05 PM, John Drake said:

Just for you......

It all depends on your time horizon, If you can take the short term risks, don't need the funds invested and can handle the notion of it going to zero [just to keep the FUDDERS happy] then you are still early. 

Personally speaking and not financial advice as the saying goes, if after you have considered the above and can sit back and wait, then just disregard the no-coiner bashings we all get here constantly. Ask yourself are they even going to be around in 2030 to admit they were wrong? If they are right, then if you accepted the risks it's a case of so what. Your life, your money, your choice.

Then ask yourself what if Ark invest Cathy Woods is right along with Standard Chartered, BlackRock, Mastercard, JB Morgan, Fidelity on and on and on.  Things are a changing in the Bitcoin and Crypto scene, the worlds legacy fiat financial system is in big trouble, ask the residents of Lebanon or Nigeria or Argentina or Turkey or or or. The more powerful 1st would countries are not immune from currency devaluation either. Up to you, as they say around these parts.

https://news.todayq.com/ark-invests-cathie-wood-considers-3-5-million-target-for-bitcoin/

11 minutes ago, Conno said:

Just for you......

It all depends on your time horizon, If you can take the short term risks, don't need the funds invested and can handle the notion of it going to zero [just to keep the FUDDERS happy] then you are still early. 

Personally speaking and not financial advice as the saying goes, if after you have considered the above and can sit back and wait, then just disregard the no-coiner bashings we all get here constantly. Ask yourself are they even going to be around in 2030 to admit they were wrong? If they are right, then if you accepted the risks it's a case of so what. Your life, your money, your choice.

Then ask yourself what if Ark invest Cathy Woods is right along with Standard Chartered, BlackRock, Mastercard, JB Morgan, Fidelity on and on and on.  Things are a changing in the Bitcoin and Crypto scene, the worlds legacy fiat financial system is in big trouble, ask the residents of Lebanon or Nigeria or Argentina or Turkey or or or. The more powerful 1st would countries are not immune from currency devaluation either. Up to you, as they say around these parts.

https://news.todayq.com/ark-invests-cathie-wood-considers-3-5-million-target-for-bitcoin/

I think I will start out with a small position in an ETF. Both BRRR and BTF look like a possibility. Meanwhile, my wife who can open a Bitkub account has been buying steadily every month. And I feel better about it than the time she went out and spent 10,000 baht on lottery tickets of the same number! 

• Thumbs Up 1