Big Joke probes Pattaya sex scandal with high stakes not only for ‘Sin City’ but Thailand itself

webfact

30 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Ah. Made my morning!

Investigated and sued for deformation.

A most excellent Freudian Slip.

My ex GF investigated me closely for deformation and concluded that Percy simply bent a bit to the left.🙃🙃

Not a Conservative member it seems.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black arab said:

Lots of pearl clutching by the thais, up here in isaan 12/13year old girls sold off to guys or they leave school and live with their "boyfriend".

A gut who was a labourer on our house build was 25 married a 14 year old and was proud of it.

Agreed.  I had a farang neighbour who used to visit Thai brothels with his brother-in-law.  He started to tell me stories of his adventures with under-aged girls until I banned him from visiting me.

If Big Joke wiped out the prostitution, age appropriate or not, that doesn't exist, would that increase or decrease tourism? Is this just another example of tit for TAT?

I know what the international reputation of Pattaya is:

beaches that put Bora Bora to shame, & a deep religious piety that puts Tora Bora to shame

Thus, I understand the need to get BJ on the mission(ary). Ideally, he will bring this to a riveting climax and leave all of Thailand, from the hoi polloi to the elite, with a happy ending.

That will be good for me, and I hope it will be good for you, too.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The real victim, a young girl, lost in the sensational storm.

And this is what is sad about the whole mess.

Many young, underage girls are sold off for money. Usually by a close family member.

(My good friend's daughter was offered for sale by her grandmother.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, geisha said:

Welcome back Mr Surachate. If anyone in the force is going to get to the bottom of this story/accusations/ rumors, it’s him. Many on this forum seem to dislike him, but there again, each to his own opinion. It’s certainly not good to have stories like this published in international news . Lots of viewers/readers will believe it, even if it’s not true. Thailand and especially Pattaya has a bad enough reputation as it is.

Maybe this will remind you of how good 'Big Joke' is?

18 year-old Rahaf Mohammed, Saudi national escaping family abuse and prejudice, almost sent back to Saudi from Thailand, where she faced certain murder from her family. Only when the world press stepped in, was she allowed to proceed to Australia where she is now safe.

Yes, that's him in the picture....

Rahaf Mohammed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Maybe this will remind you of how good 'Big Joke' is?

18 year-old Rahaf Mohammed, Saudi national escaping family abuse and prejudice, almost sent back to Saudi from Thailand, where she faced certain murder from her family. Only when the world press stepped in, was she allowed to proceed to Australia where she is now safe.

Yes, that's him in the picture....

Rahaf Mohammed.jpg

Looks 25

It would appear that the "imposter do gooder" is hungry for publicity again. They are pretending that they don't know what goes on in Pattaya, when the entire world knows what goes on in Pattaya. The place is infamous. And they are pretending that a video like this is going to damage the reputation of Thailand, when everybody already knows this information.

There's nothing new here, there's no emergency here, this is just a man desperate for more time in front of the cameras, pretending to address a problem that has existed forever. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been coming here for over 30 years and also lived here. Is that good for you? 

I don't know where you were hanging out but this was a great country to visit and travel. I've been to every corner of Thailand. 

What I experience today is nothing like over 30 years ago. 

1 hour ago, harleyclarkey said:

I've been coming here for over 30 years and also lived here. Is that good for you? 

I don't know where you were hanging out but this was a great country to visit and travel. I've been to every corner of Thailand. 

What I experience today is nothing like over 30 years ago. 

Yes,...But the roads and infrastructure are better !,... I came here first some 30 years ago and traveled all around SE Asia as well for all those years,...

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Agreed.  I had a farang neighbour who used to visit Thai brothels with his brother-in-law.  He started to tell me stories of his adventures with under-aged girls until I banned him from visiting me.

My experience is that under-age sex caters for local clientele in the main. 

I once went to a local Police owned bar in Laem Chabang pre-covid and all the girls were from Laos (possibly trafficked) and some were clearly underage.

Finished the overpriced big Chang and left promptly. 

This is the way they do things here unfortunately. 

• Agree 1

ANd many many years ago, I saw a docu about Russian mob in Pattaya.

Russian women lured and forced to work in prostitution by the Russian mob, in Thailand Pattaya !

The docu showed special taskforce to work on it. Never ever heard a follow up on it or any news from it.

So where would this lead to?

Thailand is covering its dirty cases from media, or media is not interested anymore.

Same as many years ago, there was unrest in the forest with the army.

It turned out army had a lot of business going on for own gain. Like owing malls, hotels, houses and so on.

I never heard of military officers going to jail for it. Certainly not even Prayut.

Was said in article, he could stay in his house, because he did so many good things for the country!?

The assets were allegedly transferred to  government and then all got quite.

Big joke, not long ago there was some rumble with him, fake , misplaced or also buried? As now he has this case.

Governments and their workers, a crying shame.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So maybe the German paid a million baht BAIL to be released from jail, not a "bribe". But after getting back to Germany told the media it was a "bribe" (either because of his own ignorance or poor translation)

As I understand it, the bail was 500,000 - the 1 million was a separate item.

As long as criminals know that they can actually obtain protection from the law in Thailand by paying bribes, serious crimes such as Extortion, Class A drugs and Sex Trafficking will continue. A walk along Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok, starting around Soi 11 if I remember correctly, illustrates just how openly drugs are sold by foreigners in Thailand.  Drugs that by the way, would mean extremely lengthy prison sentences for others.

If it was not possible to avoid prosecution by paying bribes - such crimes would be greatly reduced. I find it impossible to believe that Pattaya police have not been fully aware that underage prostitution has been going on there for years. That can only mean one thing..............................................................

You're never going to stop prostitution overall so its better all-round if its out in the open but what must be stopped is underage prostitution and sex trafficking.

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

It turned out army had a lot of business going on for own gain. Like owing malls, hotels, houses and so on.

A completely ridiculous situation and one that just invites corruption.  An Army that own businesses - even a bank - TMB Thai Military Bank - madness!

• Agree 1