Thailand’s weekly Covid-19 cases surge over 500 with three fatalities

webfact

56 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

The only country in the world that makes headlines of Covid again.. No wonder everybody is still wearing a mask...we never get rid of it..

Where I am, recently the ratio of mask wearers to non mask wearers has changed significantly in favour of non-mask wearers. Around 80-20 split. Sadly this might reverse that, as in general, I find Thais are very uneducated about Covid-19. Some still mask up to go into 711 where there has been no need to do so for well over a year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RobU said:

COVID, like Flu, is still dangerous and can kill. Like Flu it is now endemic in the population of the world. Other countries do report on COVID. Again, like Flu, a very virulent and deadly mutation can arise, as happened with flu in the 1920's. Elderly are particularly likely to die from flu and COVID infections where the rest of the population just shrug it off, so it is wise for people over 65 to get the vaccination for the current strains of both viruses. 

It is a part of life.. everybody has to die, no matter of flu, covid, bacterial infections, or anything. It happens and yes elderly die too more chance the older they are... but nothing to panic about.. part of being born

29 minutes ago, RobU said:

Possibly for a small minority, however for the vast majority it prolonged and saved lives. It is always a risk taking any medicine or having any surgical procedure. Life is about taking risks just like crossing the road the aware pedestrian does it with the least risk to him/herself

The small minority was and is far higher than any other vaccine. Apart from that the likelyhood of them surviving Covid-19 and now especially Omicron would have been very high. I guess the advice they got they thought they weren't taking a risk.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, RobU said:

Just got the flu jab for .myself and my wife. It's french made and cost 700 baht each, which is around the same price as in the UK (£16)

I want to get the COVID jab, news reports from the UK say it costs £100 which will make a big dent in our household budget if the prive is thr same price here 

I was fortunate last year when I returned to UK. My GP's practice had already invited me via text for a Pneumococcal vaccination which is apparently valid for life. I had that and also the influenza jab before coming back to Thailand. This year I retuned to Thailand before the influenza jab and Covid booster for over 65's became available.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, RobU said:

Just got the flu jab for .myself and my wife. It's french made and cost 700 baht each, which is around the same price as in the UK (£16)

I want to get the COVID jab, news reports from the UK say it costs £100 which will make a big dent in our household budget if the prive is thr same price here 

I am lucky I am a pensioner and, in the West, now I pay nothing had 4 covid shots and the yearly flu shot 

• Like 1

MoPH: "The DDC is working relentlessly to bring the situation under control, relying heavily on public cooperation in following the recommended preventative measures and getting vaccinated."

Oh ya?? Then why has there been almost total silence from the Thai government on plans for making available the newer COVID vaccines designed to better protect against the latest circulating COVID virus variants?

And, short of that, why lately has there been basically no public information available from MoPH at all about how / where these days to obtain even the older bivalent versions of the COVID vaccines for those who have no other option in Thailand?

If anyone is "working relentlessly" at MoPH and DDC, they don't seem to be doing so for anything relating to the COVID vaccines that they're recommending the public get!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

In response to the worrying trend, the DDC urged the public to adhere to strict respiratory infection prevention measures, including wearing face masks in crowded places and close contact with group 608, which includes unvaccinated children.

I find the news article to which a link is given in the OP interesting because it does not say who or what the "group 608" is, other than to mention that it "includes unvaccinated children"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Puccini said:

I find the news article to which a link is given in the OP interesting because it does not say who or what the "group 608" is, other than to mention that it "includes unvaccinated children"

https://www.chula.ac.th/en/news/78251/

Explanation of group 608

Edited by RobU
Correcting a typo