COVID-19 infections rising, public advised to wear face masks

webfact

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nope, done with the masking forever unless the Bubonic plague returns. I'm depending on my body's immune system, I'm not going to be cowering like little man scared of zombies, for the rest of my life. 

Zombies are real...they wear masks 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Next door the daughter came home from school about a two weeks ago, hacking cough, headaches and phlegm.

Last week mother was the same, now grandmother has started, all three hacking coughs all day long.

Just saying... 

The other day our cleaner told us, in the local shop in the soi and the scrap yard they all have it, they were closed for a couple days, the shop can get busy in the evening with Thai workers, Im wearing a mask if I have to go there, 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, madmitch said:

There were also 15,000 deaths from flu in 2022-2023. Similar numbers.

https://www.bmj.com/content/381/bmj.p1445

Statista says there were more than 50,000 COVID deaths in the UK during 2022:

Cumulative number of coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths in the United Kingdom (UK)

Screenshot_11.jpg.b302e3de480a6628c64d0423c58a9176.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.95f10f6cfe556415b869d3cc6f3c6818.jpg

Added COVID deaths during 2022: 50,652

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109595/coronavirus-mortality-in-the-uk/

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The game they are attempting to play on us can also work in our favor if you switch up the variables.

Instead of listening to self proclaimed experts with ulterior motives who spread fear, what about listening to another source, with more ability, who instills confidence?

Has anyone tried repeating daily how strong and healthy and vibrant they are?  Then confirm it with an omnipotent advisor.  Repeating process daily.  I have been very pleased with the results.  The results are the exact opposite of the hypochondriacs sucking on their thumbs all day.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Guitar God said:

Skip wearing seatbelts too then. Most accidents are minor, why live in fear? It’s just big-auto profiting, somehow… No protective gear when you’re working in the shop. Safety glasses and welding masks are for sheep. No nut cups either when playing sports. 

Alright alright, calm down chuck berry! 

Before Covid the Thais wore masks so now why stop, wear a mask they think that then they will go unnoticed so why deprive yourself now that the government tells you to, living masked is their passion.

If they are happy it's not my problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Spot on Bob! Shove your masks, shove your extra hand washing and shove your social distancing! The world was ruined far beyond anything covid ever did. Let it run. Donkeys!

And let's throw the kids under the COVID bus, while you're at it.....

COVID-19 hospital admissions among children rising again

September 19, 2023

"In the past three months, the number of children with confirmed COVID-19 at hospital admission has risen consistently, with children under 5 years at highest risk.
Recent analysis of the data shows the number of children under age 18 with confirmed COVID-19 at hospital admission increased nearly five-fold from 237 new admissions the week ending June 17 to 1,175 in the week ending Sept. 9.
The number of new weekly COVID-19 admissions for children ages 0-4 years increased from 116 to 550."

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Please explain how a mask with give protection against Dengue Fever as it is mosquito borne.

Nothing in the OP suggests that it does. The paragraph regarding mask wearing is as follows:

"Members of the public are advised to wear face masks, maintain social distancing in crowded places and where air circulation is poor and wash their hands frequently, citing a rising trend in COVID-19 infections."

Numbers of cases for various other diseases (including Dengue) are mentioned later on in the article, but not in conjunction with the advice on wearing masks.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And let's throw the kids under the COVID bus, while you're at it.....

COVID-19 hospital admissions among children rising again

September 19, 2023

"In the past three months, the number of children with confirmed COVID-19 at hospital admission has risen consistently, with children under 5 years at highest risk.
Recent analysis of the data shows the number of children under age 18 with confirmed COVID-19 at hospital admission increased nearly five-fold from 237 new admissions the week ending June 17 to 1,175 in the week ending Sept. 9.
The number of new weekly COVID-19 admissions for children ages 0-4 years increased from 116 to 550."

:saai: 

So people have more colds than usual, it happens this time of year. If you were to test everyone in the world right now, a significant percentage would have a cold, many with the cold known as covid. Enough with the stats and fearmongering already, it's been done to death, people have had enough. This doctor is just trying to make a name for himself. People start masking up and going down that tired old road again, suppressing their immune systems, economies, etc etc etc, the world will never be right. The alternative is to get on with your lives.

• Like 1

I have been taking careful note of all this, not falling in to old traps.   I stayed home alone for the last two days, wore a mask the whole time and must have washed my hands a hundred times they look like prunes.  I guess Im good for at least a couple of weeksafter that effort!  :stoner:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, impulse said:

That very brief report is talking about a snapshot of behavior during a couple months period of the UK's original lockdown -- and nowhere in there does it mention or address protective behaviors like face masking or social distancing,  but instead is focused on past  "lockdown compliance."

And one of the only actual compliance behaviors it specifically mentions was whether people complied with a 20 mph speed limit in Wales during that time!!!

"One example the researchers point to is the introduction of the 20mph limit in Wales. The existing campaign to inform the public of the speed limit change, which focuses primarily on the lives potentially saved by driving slower is unlikely to encourage compliance from more agentic personalities. A broader campaign, which also focuses on personal costs and benefits of compliance with the change would target a wider range of personality types more effectively, the researchers say."

That certainly tells us a lot!!!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, rabas said:

Grown adults constantly yelling in public they'd rather die than wear a mask and denying Covid can do anything to them doesn't sound like fear to you?

Why would someone who took precautions, got vaxxed, and wears a mask in crowded places be fearful? Fearful of what?

So who is really afraid? Pretty clear, isn't it. 

There's a pretty huge gulf between deciding not to wear a mask and denying covid. I've never denied covid, but I stopped wearing a mask 18 months  ago and I'm certainly not going to start wearing one again. Not gonna happen. I rely on my healthy immune system, good diet, exercise, state of mind, and not on constant vaccines and masking. I do not and will not live in a state of fear, despite what the authorities want. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Next door the daughter came home from school about a two weeks ago, hacking cough, headaches and phlegm.

Last week mother was the same, now grandmother has started, all three hacking coughs all day long.

Just saying... 

>90% of my students who are/have recently been sick, have not had covid, but some other common cold. And these students are gnerally always wearing masks at school..still!! From the staff and students at my school, I don't see any relatonship between mask wearing and whether one gets sick or not. I've had covid once (the small wave we had in June) and chilled at home for 5 days with a mild infection. 

Only the sick should be wearing masks, and if they have covid they should isolate. It's realy that simple. 

6 minutes ago, DavisH said:

From the staff and students at my school, I don't see any relatonship between mask wearing and whether one gets sick or not.

Masks only have the potential to work when people actually wear them...

It's kind of a somewhat futile exercise to require kids to wear masks in school (if they really were required to wear them) and then have them go maskless after school and while out socializing and at home where family members may have been outside and around others all day without masks.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

Covid is here to stay but is mostly hardly more serious than influenza. It looks like there is a need to scare people again, since a scared population is easiest to control.

The medical profession wanting to create more millionaires.

• Confused 2