German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

9 minutes ago, Tummamuang said:

You’re totally allowed to see a 17yo as whatever you want, same as a rapist is allowed to feel entitled to rape people. It doesn’t change the fact that the law sees it differently. 

The law ( in most places eg Australia) and the UK doesn't see " consensual" sex with a 17yo as a minor .

However the issue is "payment for sex" which must be 18yo

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/12/2023 at 7:17 AM, webfact said:

Top Thai cop, General Surachate Hakparn, reveals wanted German national Jens Kirch could face possible charges in Germany for underage sex with a minor in Pattaya.

I find this interesting.  How is it that Germany has standing in the prosecution of a crime that happened in Thailand?  That's just a tad bit far away to claim jurisdiction.  Setting precedents?  I think so as it is not a good precedent to set. 

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I read the OP only, rarely what others post in a thread.. other than just glossing over their post.

I also do not click links posted.

Almost as if you aren’t taking part in a discussion at all, but simply reacting to whatever you see in an OP, regardless of whether it is true or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, NextG said:

Almost as if you aren’t taking part in a discussion at all, but simply reacting to whatever you see in an OP, regardless of whether it is true or not. 

Cut and paste link content if you want it read... Maybe even report OP as not accurate... if that is infact the case.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Where is the proof?

A German prosecutor will have to produce evidence it in front of a German court, not us. 

We are just other foreigners on an internet discussion board so we can only comment on the information that’s available to us, and according to that information the girl is an underage prostitute. 

Edited by Tummamuang
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, NextG said:

Don’t be silly. So many weird people on here, minimising the sexual interactions with a fourteen year old. 

Eh? Are you're one of those who read other peoples posts but not really & see things that aren't there just so you can be contrary, appear knowledgeable and join in?

Where did I minimise whatever you say I did and when did I mention a 14 y/o? My post was about extradition. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Cut and paste link content if you want it read... Maybe even report OP as not accurate... if that is infact the case.

No. If you are too lazy to follow links then better you stay out of the loop…

Everyone with even the slightest amount of intelligence understood that it was accurate. Just shows how gullible most people really are. Just read and swallow. 

1 hour ago, Jackbenimble said:

Eh? Are you're one of those who read other peoples posts but not really & see things that aren't there just so you can be contrary, appear knowledgeable and join in?

Where did I minimise whatever you say I did and when did I mention a 14 y/o? My post was about extradition. 

Let’s look at what you wrote shall we?

quite - I recall they requested Taksin to be sent back to them too and the UK government declined citing an unsecure conviction in the first place. This guy hasn't even been convicted. 

it seems to be a storm in a t-cup & I dont say that as a sympathiser of kiddy fiddlers. I'd chemically castrate all kiddy fiddlers. But there's something aboutt his case that doesn't add up. Do we know if she is "someones" daughter?  ”

That is what you wrote. 

A ‘storm in a teacup’ for someone caught and charged with having a sexual relationship with a fourteen year old girl. 
Then you have the brass face to write a steaming pile of dung in order to try to convince us that you aren’t sympathiser of ‘kiddy fiddlers’. 
Guess what? That’s exactly how you look. 
If you don’t want to look that way, then write unequivocally, rather than your disgusting attempt to muddy the waters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, connda said:

I find this interesting.  How is it that Germany has standing in the prosecution of a crime that happened in Thailand?  That's just a tad bit far away to claim jurisdiction.  Setting precedents?  I think so as it is not a good precedent to set. 

Its quite the norm these days . 

British people who commit crimes abroad can be charged with those crimes back in the U.K

39 minutes ago, NextG said:

Everyone with even the slightest amount of intelligence understood that it was accurate. Just shows how gullible most people really are. Just read and swallow. 

pot kettle black comes to mind.... the lazy one here is yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

pot kettle black comes to mind.... the lazy one here is yourself.

I don’t think anyone anywhere would agree with your twisted thinking. It just shows how feeble minds can convince themselves of anything.

You refuse to click through provided links that contain the relevant information and instead expect someone to ‘cut and paste’ together with providing the source link, because you have decided that you cannot be bothered to click through links. 

That is how someone of below average intelligence might behave. Intelligent people have inquiring minds. 
Tell yourself whatever you want. But I know what you are. 

Edited by NextG
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Minor is an American term.

They want to extradite him, in Germany it's not a crime, in Thailand it's not a crime if its consenting.

As a German citizen, he cannot be extradited from Germany to Thailand. He COULD be tried in Germany, and before that would happen, the prosecution would need to establish if he has committed a crime that he can be charged with under German law.

I think the trickiest part is that any evidence required to secure a conviction will have to be provided by the Thai police farce which is well known for their shoddy work - but would need to satisfy the expectations of a German criminal court.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

As a German citizen, he cannot be extradited from Germany to Thailand. He COULD be tried in Germany, and before that would happen, the prosecution would need to establish if he has committed a crime that he can be charged with under German law.

I think the trickiest part is that any evidence required to secure a conviction will have to be provided by the Thai police farce which is well known for their shoddy work - but would need to satisfy the expectations of a German criminal court.

I haven't read into the particulars of it.

But my interpretation is she was 17 at the time, he was over 17 at the time, if it was consensual then its not illegal in Thailand because she is over 15/16 -> very much like UK law (same reason Prince Andrew was free and clear).

So unless it was 'rape' he hasn't committed a crime in either country, except perhaps trafficking... which i doubt could be argued in Germany for paying for sex with a consenting 17 yr old.

15 years

Age of ConsentThe age of sexual consent for both boys and girls is 15 years. The Thai Penal Code also provides for close-in age exemption in case a child below 18 has sexual intercourse with another child aged 13-15 years of age with the consent of the latter.

Age of ConsentIn Germany the age of sexual consent is 14 (§ 176 Abs. 1 StGB). Over 14 years a consent is impossible in cases of force or fee or the absence mental maturity. Under the age of sexual consent there is an exemption of punishment for cases when the difference of age and mental maturity is small.

3 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I haven't read into the particulars of it.

But my interpretation is she was 17 at the time, he was over 17 at the time, if it was consensual then its not illegal in Thailand because she is over 15/16 -> very much like UK law (same reason Prince Andrew was free and clear).

So unless it was 'rape' he hasn't committed a crime in either country, except perhaps trafficking... which i doubt could be argued in Germany for paying for sex with a consenting 17 yr old.

15 years

Age of ConsentThe age of sexual consent for both boys and girls is 15 years. The Thai Penal Code also provides for close-in age exemption in case a child below 18 has sexual intercourse with another child aged 13-15 years of age with the consent of the latter.

Age of ConsentIn Germany the age of sexual consent is 14 (§ 176 Abs. 1 StGB). Over 14 years a consent is impossible in cases of force or fee or the absence mental maturity. Under the age of sexual consent there is an exemption of punishment for cases when the difference of age and mental maturity is small.

If it can be proven that he knowingly engaged in a sexual act with a 17 y.o. for money, that would be a crime in Germany (since 2008). Maybe he only learned about the fact that payment was expected when she asked for a tip after having sex.

Again tricky, as a German prostitute would probably request money upfront, which makes prosecuting sex for money with underage sex workers easier. 

7 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If it can be proven that he knowingly engaged in a sexual act with a 17 y.o. for money, that would be a crime in Germany (since 2008). Maybe he only learned about the fact that payment was expected when she asked for a tip after having sex.

On this i'd have to agree, but lets be honest, the sex scene in Thailand it would be rather hard to determine if she was under 18 in addition i imagine any hotel he visited with her would have asked for her ID, unless it was an adjacent room, then the onus would surely be on the same people that hired her. 

On 12/12/2023 at 1:35 AM, peter zwart said:

legal or not. Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up. Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined.

This post gets the agecuck post of the year award.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, NextG said:

Of course that should have stated ‘deliberately inaccurate’. 

2 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Minor is an American term.

They want to extradite him, in Germany it's not a crime, in Thailand it's not a crime if its consenting.

Wrong. They cannot ‘consent’ when under fifteen years old. Try waking up..

• Like 1