Justice Minister Defends Thaksin Over Prolonged Stay Outside Prison

webfact

10 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

He’s at a party at a neighboring country and then the day he arrives in Thailand with an hours he’s in a hospital for four months

blame the weed in the cake:

ThaksinHunSenbday2023.jpg.35f740410d94b1623f1e9f82dab919d5.jpg

5 hours ago, webfact said:

secrecy-shrouded “illnesses”

Erm - it is called confidential. Not secret. There is a big difference.

I certainly would not want my medical information given to the hate mongering press.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Elkski said:

They better give him chemo or something so he looks sickly or how else van the Thai people or any World leader or business look at Thailand as more than a clown show? 

easy. the same way they always do. with ignorance. thought not totally their own fault. 

20 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Erm - it is called confidential. Not secret. There is a big difference.

I certainly would not want my medical information given to the hate mongering press.

Wow you're so sweet.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

They may be copping some unseen flak for them to wheel out the JM and order him to tell everyone "nothing to see here, move on".

Plus didn't they say that if the MFP says the word Thaksin they will go weapons hot?

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

But you're not a convicted felon serving a prison sentence. If you've ever dealt with the Thai corrections system, you would know that they typically afford prisoners no privacy rights whatsoever - except, miraculously, in the case of Thaksin, where those rights are suddenly sacrosanct.

Convicted prisoner or not, no one's medical information is ever considered public and that sort of confidentiality is afforded to prisoners.  What confidentiality rights of the type you're referring to are "typically denied" to prisoners?

Prison is for poor people. Rich people get pardons and special treatment.

This is the same all over the world. We can moan and deride the unfairness of the situation, but at the end of the day, who really thought he would spend even a single night in prison?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Prison is for poor people. Rich people get pardons and special treatment.

This is the same all over the world. We can moan and deride the unfairness of the situation, but at the end of the day, who really thought he would spend even a single night in prison?

True.How many Russian Oligarchs actually felt the "wrath" of western sanctions ? Not many I'll wager.

• Confused 1