How many millions of baht does one need to retire in Pattaya?

advancebooking

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Having to have sex twice a week, I feel sorry for him. Id almost pay not to have it. Daft question of course.

why don't you like sex? your libido may be through the floor but others still enjoy it

I would give a serious answer except OP included how much he would need to pay his illegal prostitutes twice a week...thought there was no talk allowed about prostitution on this forum?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Thats just shy of £800.000

MORE than enough lol

Even at 5% income that equates to 33.846 Baht a week   !!   Allowing for 7 or 8% income to allow Capital balance appreciation on top thats more than enough

4,835 Baht a day all worked out at Sterling/Baht at 44

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

why don't you like sex? your libido may be through the floor but others still enjoy it

Disease. 2x a week and you're going to catch something in pattaya.

you're being too careful. that's roughly 1 million baht a year, or $2,500 usd a month every month until 85. not counting weird medical problems. no problems in general, at least not for awhile. could easily cut back if things got weird.

the problem is, if you have 35 million do you really want to live in a 30k place forever? your expectations go up when you have that amount of savings. you feel like you deserve better things.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

the problem is, if you have 35 million do you really want to live in a 30k place forever? your expectations go up when you have that amount of savings. you feel like you deserve better things.

I think you are overestimating ...or maybe i'm just a bit cheap. Possibly the latter!

I just don't see £800k as that much, at that age and having to commence drawing down. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't understand how people can say "this is it, since now I'm starting death count down and starting to skimp money till I die". :glare: I believe will have little projects, side kicks and even trying to make it big on my death bed day. :licklips:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Disease. 2x a week and you're going to catch something in pattaya.

you're being too careful. that's roughly 1 million baht a year, or $2,500 usd a month every month until 85. not counting weird medical problems. no problems in general, at least not for awhile. could easily cut back if things got weird.

You haven't quoted the correct post. For the 1m thing you need to account for inflation, medical costs and exchange rate movements

• Like 1

More is always better!

Who can predict whether inflation or an appreciating baht will take a serios chunk out of that. 

If big ticket items, like Premium flights home twice a year are avoided, I think 30 mil baht is good. 

BUT, heaven forbid, don't condemn him to regularly eating at Kiss!

• Haha 1