Thai Tiktokers slam Indian artists’ song as racist, sexist, insulting toward Thailand (video)

webfact

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Perhaps, but mine was not a derogatory remark like yours. :mellow:

Correct,  but I consider a derogatory comment perfectly justified when somebody starts screaming "racism" regarding a light hearted video that on their own admission they had not even watched. 

59 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Correct,  but I consider a derogatory comment perfectly justified when somebody starts screaming "racism" regarding a light hearted video that on their own admission they had not even watched. 

First of all, I was not "screaming" racism. I was merely agreeing with the article that the song lyrics, the ones highlighted, did have a racist quality in that they were focused on the Thais. Everything alluded to, prostitution, etc., exists in all societies and all races. As I said in my first comment, I did not view the song and didn't intend to, so I accept your judgment that it was presented as "light-hearted." Many racist comments are delivered that way. They are meant to be funny by those making them but are often not seen that way by the group targeted. 

And second of all, and most importantly, I don't think spouting derogatory comments is helpful, necessary, or justified when expressing your disagreement with someone.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think the Tik Tokers are just being creative and figured out a way to boost the sales of offensive T-shirts.  After all, this is Thailand and it's always about the money.  Always!

• Haha 1

.........“same same but different” ridicules the way Thai people speak English...."

Ahh diddums! My Thai wife and I use that expression all the time, and as far as I know we haven't offended anybody yet - quite the reverse - it's usually met with a smile!

It's getting bad when you're scared to open your mouth for  fear of "offending" somebody - I think the first time I heard it was when Muslims in the UK tried to get Nativity plays at schools banned because they went against their religious beliefs!

I have my own opinion on that scenario, but I can not comment on here for fear of "offending" somebody!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

How dare they imply that sex as an industry is condoned and that the locals speak English in a funny way!!! Insufferable!!

On the other hand, if you are looking for racism and demeaning women, you could do a lot worse than watching a group of Indians

• Thumbs Up 1

If I am not completely wrong, these Indian artists are copycats of what I've heard decades ago in the (officially non-existing) houses of ill repute called Gogo bars and open air bars with freelance staff in the very same country. 

On 1/13/2024 at 11:17 AM, Bday Prang said:

please explain why my previous post gives you that impression. I clearly stated that I considered the linked article insulting to Thais 

RSVP

I wrote about all the comments here in general. What makes you think it was you I mentioned? ~ Please explain.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 1:54 PM, DjSilver said:

Haha, this song is so true. I really wonder if the low Thai self-esteem is because of that the Thai culture is based on prostitution, and having woman from Isaan marry poor western men? 🤣

My wife is Isaan and I wasn't poor when I met her OK!!

Nice to see the UK getting more deserved recognition for having the best looking flag.  

:laugh:

18 hours ago, kimamey said:

My wife is Isaan and I wasn't poor when I met her OK!!

Nice to see the UK getting more deserved recognition for having the best looking flag.  

:laugh:

But you most likely bought your wife and is low educated right?

Even a baboon doesn't need to be rich these days. However, are they educated and have class, just because they have money? Absolutely no. One can always spot a low class who got money from blue color jobs 🤮

• Confused 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:11 PM, Surasak said:

I do believe the Indian guy has the quote the wrong way round? Surely it should be 'No Honey, No Money'?

That is what the the parents of the Thai girls sing if you have no daughter. 

On 1/13/2024 at 8:53 PM, ArtVandelay said:

I'm sure the song will appeal to the kind of foreigner who visits for two weeks and returns home believing they've seen "the real Thailand." 

Almost feel sorry for them. 

the real "2 weeks" Thailand is much better then the "real Thailand' you discover when you live here.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, DjSilver said:

But you most likely bought your wife and is low educated right?

Even a baboon doesn't need to be rich these days. However, are they educated and have class, just because they have money? Absolutely no. One can always spot a low class who got money from blue color jobs 🤮

It was actually not meant seriously. Yes I brought over money, and still do but my wife has a masters degree, unlike me, and she is a government employee.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 7:50 PM, Bday Prang said:

if you could  understand their language to any meaningful degree, you would not have made that comment

YOU just confirmed my point...

Well done...

44 minutes ago, Udom said:

YOU just confirmed my point...

Well done...

Not quite sure what you think I have confirmed,    and I don't really care to be honest,  but if you clarify what you are  actually trying to assert, I will respond appropriately 

The truth hurts.. Only money counts in Thailand see what they do with tourists and indeed no money no honey but almost the same all over the world.. Thais can bear critics.. as they are used never to fail for anything, they are brainwashed to be the best country and people in the world. But that counts only in Thailand and as many Thais never go abroad they believe it and don't know different.. Wake up Thailand and accept some critcs and become an adult country instead of this childish behaviour